Friday, October 15, 2010



Sparkle & Fade top | Vintage belt | Zanerobe Holy Moly shorts | Merona spotted tights | Vintage boots | Charlotte Russe beanie

Before Zanerobe sent me these Holy Moly shorts, I had no idea they did such great denim (or that their shorts came with such cute hankies). There's also a beautifully cut slouchy 'Zippora' dress I'll have in a post for you soon. I can see these lasting a long time - Zanerobe is back on my radar for sure.

Although denim shorts are ubiquitous back in Australia, they're actually a rare sight here in Colorado. Instead, denim miniskirts reign - the kind I haven't seen (or worn) since I was about 13 years old.

If I were in Adelaide, this would be the kind of ensemble I might wear to run some quick errands or work a bit around the house. Denim shorts, neutral top, and a little something cozy. But here it's considered extreme if I stray from the all-American aesthetic of bootleg jeans, a jersey top and a pair of thongs. I've never longed for the sight of denim cut-offs before - this is definitely a period of firsts for me. I'm never dissing Adelaideans' fashion sense again.

x Chanelle

No comments:

Post a Comment