Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bohemian Like You

bohemian like you

forest


feather armband


flower headband
Stacey Hendrickson headband | Indian maxi dress | Sportsgirl armband | Vintage belt


(Local blogger Stacey Hendrickson made this perfectly whimsical headband which I was fortunate enough to win not too long ago. I'm so obsessed with it that I've worn it four days in a row. That's pretty huge deal for me, since most of the time when I wear headbands, I look like a stupid 14-year-old on my way to Ice or some equally aesthetically offensive store. Not that all 14-year-olds are stupid...I just look like a stupid one.)

You'd all be aware of the crises in Japan, New Zealand and Queensland over the past few months. Yet awareness alone does precious little to help anything. I've been guilty in the past of fooling myself into thinking that a few tears shed and prayers whispered would be sufficient, but this time I'm not satisfied with that. Indebted uni student that I am, I can't afford to travel to volunteer, or donate money. Instead, I'm going to go vegan in order to save carbon emissions which are contributing to climate change, and subsequently natural disasters. For those looking for other ways to assist victims, World Vision is currently seeking volunteers to collect donations in shopping centres. (Email me ASAP if you're interested in volunteering your time with them.) What will you do to help? What legacy will you leave? 

Be the change,
Chanelle
x

No comments:

Post a Comment