SL%%
03-02 01:00 AM
I am planning to file my 7th year extension and would appreciate some one who can provide some guidance. I have a pending I-485 (July 2007 filer).
My six year visa expires in Sep 07, 2009
a) How much in advance we can submit HIB petition. I read some where H1B can be applied six month in advance.
b) If we apply six month in advance, can those dates be from Sep 08, 2009 or the date of submission.
c) Can we include the dates for some one is physically not present in US
d) What supporting documents are needed to prove that some one was not present in US?
Thanks
Senthil
a.) true, like me
b.) as far as I know, it doesn't matter. what is important is you should get your extension filed before Sep 07, 2009 (should be with USCIS on hand). so basically by now Mar. 09, you can start filing for your extension.
c & d.) I don't understand this, are you out of US?
Hi, my H1-B expired on Feb 6th, 2009, I have EAD based on I-140 approval and 485 pending (EB3 ROW). Can I apply for extension of my H1-B or do I have to switch to EAD since H1-B expired?
H1-B extension = yes you can, either your second 3 year extension (total of 6) or the yearly extension after the 6th year until you get your GC.
IMHO, better to go both H1 extension AND EAD but not necessary UNLESS you want to change employer. if you want to change employer then EAD is a MUST because your H1 is based from your current employer. on the other hand, if you are staying on your current employer and no plans on getting out then H1B-Extension is good enough.
The reason why it is safer to have both H1-Extension and EAD is that, just in case for some reason your current employer fires you or something goes wrong with the company, you have a safe haven on an EAD because you can work (same occupation of your H1) legally and need not worry of your status.
My six year visa expires in Sep 07, 2009
a) How much in advance we can submit HIB petition. I read some where H1B can be applied six month in advance.
b) If we apply six month in advance, can those dates be from Sep 08, 2009 or the date of submission.
c) Can we include the dates for some one is physically not present in US
d) What supporting documents are needed to prove that some one was not present in US?
Thanks
Senthil
a.) true, like me
b.) as far as I know, it doesn't matter. what is important is you should get your extension filed before Sep 07, 2009 (should be with USCIS on hand). so basically by now Mar. 09, you can start filing for your extension.
c & d.) I don't understand this, are you out of US?
Hi, my H1-B expired on Feb 6th, 2009, I have EAD based on I-140 approval and 485 pending (EB3 ROW). Can I apply for extension of my H1-B or do I have to switch to EAD since H1-B expired?
H1-B extension = yes you can, either your second 3 year extension (total of 6) or the yearly extension after the 6th year until you get your GC.
IMHO, better to go both H1 extension AND EAD but not necessary UNLESS you want to change employer. if you want to change employer then EAD is a MUST because your H1 is based from your current employer. on the other hand, if you are staying on your current employer and no plans on getting out then H1B-Extension is good enough.
The reason why it is safer to have both H1-Extension and EAD is that, just in case for some reason your current employer fires you or something goes wrong with the company, you have a safe haven on an EAD because you can work (same occupation of your H1) legally and need not worry of your status.
psaxena
10-07 03:18 PM
Forget all the middle vendor and lawsuit , nobody will do anything.. In CA if you not aware, there is no legally binding contract that can restrict and employee to work for any employer. Non compete agreements also do not work there, these are just fear tactics. I left my employer and joined the client , and did this 2 times and also that too not even in CA , in other states. Noone did nothing, because it cost time and money and unless there is a 100% chance for the other party to win , they will not get into the lawsuit and stuff as it cost a lot of time and money.
So forget him and also save the middle vendor's number on your phone so next time you can avoid his call.
hi ,
Here is my situation.
(employer) -> (middle vendor ) -> prime vendor -> (End client ).
I am working to a client in california in the above mentioned order. After 1 year we got rid of middle vendor and prime vendor is working with my employer directly . Now middle vendor is threatning me that he can sue me for breaking the line of contract .
i dont understand ho can even its possible as i never signed any document with middle vendor and he is not even my employer . He is just acting as middle layer by showing prime vendor that i am his employee which is wrong. now we removed him from line of contract and he is saying that he will sue all of us for doing this.
is there any way that he can even do this ?
- Thanks in advance.
So forget him and also save the middle vendor's number on your phone so next time you can avoid his call.
hi ,
Here is my situation.
(employer) -> (middle vendor ) -> prime vendor -> (End client ).
I am working to a client in california in the above mentioned order. After 1 year we got rid of middle vendor and prime vendor is working with my employer directly . Now middle vendor is threatning me that he can sue me for breaking the line of contract .
i dont understand ho can even its possible as i never signed any document with middle vendor and he is not even my employer . He is just acting as middle layer by showing prime vendor that i am his employee which is wrong. now we removed him from line of contract and he is saying that he will sue all of us for doing this.
is there any way that he can even do this ?
- Thanks in advance.
lonedesi
01-15 04:54 PM
This happened with my wife case too. Company applied on June 1 , no update till dec ending , changed to premium processing as we have to go out of country got the approval in two days and copy in 7 days. I think its deliberate. But we are happy that we have it in hand. You cant do anything with this but rather give them extra 1000$ they want.
You happened to be lucky since you had the option of Premium Processing. But now, even if we wanted to, we cannot opt for it. I am sure, almost 90% of the members who have been waiting for months together would opt for PP (for I-140) if it is available now. I wonder why USCIS has not reinstated PP for I-140 now that they are done with the major workload(receipting,AP,EAD) due to the VB fiasco.
You happened to be lucky since you had the option of Premium Processing. But now, even if we wanted to, we cannot opt for it. I am sure, almost 90% of the members who have been waiting for months together would opt for PP (for I-140) if it is available now. I wonder why USCIS has not reinstated PP for I-140 now that they are done with the major workload(receipting,AP,EAD) due to the VB fiasco.
adhantari
08-12 07:33 AM
with your efforts. I hope you don't get banned...
more...
gchopes
04-04 01:12 PM
Thanks for your responses. The hospital staff told us it would take 60-90 days to get the SSN. I am stuck until that arrives because only then can I apply for the passport. Any way to get around it?
53885
08-16 07:20 PM
According to the EAD, she can work. She has TIN number, but I am not sure if she can use that...
TIN is not SSN. Employer would need SSN.
I guess we need another tracker for those who received EAD, but no SSN.
TIN is not SSN. Employer would need SSN.
I guess we need another tracker for those who received EAD, but no SSN.
more...
immigration
05-25 03:19 PM
Well my experience with passport renewal in Chicago was HORRIBLE. First it took about 6 week to receive it. I ordered a jumbo passport but received a regular one ...called the office and left several messages -NO REPLY. Finally one Mr.Chaman Lal had to answer my call. My luck Chaman was horrible to talk (too rude) and was a perfect Bihari babu ( no offense to any Biharis on forum) said in pure Bihari accent,"No Jumbo passport made here and as far as refund for the extra money for the jumbo passport I don't refund any paisa to anybody" and the bang he hung up.
punjabi
07-24 01:40 PM
Pls don't get me wrong but when your prior understanding was that You will join his company in near future, based on which he agreed to file your I-140 even if you have paid, why do you don't want to go by your word?
I know employers suck people like us here for GC, etc. but we as employees should also go by our word. If you stay on your decision to join his company now since I-140 is approved, you won't end up having complications at all.
Besides, it is give-and-take and at the most, you will have to work for a year or so with him.
Good luck.
Hi All-
I have a tricky scenario here, I need some input/guidance.
I came to USA during Dec 2003 through a California based Indian Consulting firm. I worked for him for 2 years. In between, he
applied the petition for my labor in April 2005 on eB2 Category and my I really appreciate your response in this regard.
Thanks!!
I know employers suck people like us here for GC, etc. but we as employees should also go by our word. If you stay on your decision to join his company now since I-140 is approved, you won't end up having complications at all.
Besides, it is give-and-take and at the most, you will have to work for a year or so with him.
Good luck.
Hi All-
I have a tricky scenario here, I need some input/guidance.
I came to USA during Dec 2003 through a California based Indian Consulting firm. I worked for him for 2 years. In between, he
applied the petition for my labor in April 2005 on eB2 Category and my I really appreciate your response in this regard.
Thanks!!
more...
reachinus
07-30 10:18 AM
Can some one please confirm. I hope I am not confusing everyone here. I am filing my I 140 now, I want to be sure that this is safe.....
thanks for the kind replies...
Yes is surely possible. To get a reply from the appeals process takes years. What your lawyer suggesting is a good option. Hope you have strong points to over come the cause of the last denial. In case is was due to ability to pay, make sure you are getting paid atleast the Prevailing wage and submit that pay stubs that prove the same.
Best of luck with your filing.
thanks for the kind replies...
Yes is surely possible. To get a reply from the appeals process takes years. What your lawyer suggesting is a good option. Hope you have strong points to over come the cause of the last denial. In case is was due to ability to pay, make sure you are getting paid atleast the Prevailing wage and submit that pay stubs that prove the same.
Best of luck with your filing.
pmat
07-17 09:54 AM
This case is complicated as your I485 is already approved. If you refile your wife's I485, it might get rejected.
I would suggest you to not rely on forums and get an expert lawyer's help ASAP. It will be worth it.
I have to apply for my wife as my derivative of 485. My 485 was approved on July 8th 2010. Below is the timeline
July 1st - Applied Wife's 485
July 8th - My 485 was approved
July 13th - Wife's 485 Denied due to outdated forms
July 14th - My H1, Wife's H4 and I-94 Expired
July 19th - Planning on sending a new 485 application for spouse
I'm mainly concerned about two things
1. Is she out of status for 5 days from July 14th to 19th
2. Can I still apply her as a derivative, as my 485 is already approved.
Thank you,
I would suggest you to not rely on forums and get an expert lawyer's help ASAP. It will be worth it.
I have to apply for my wife as my derivative of 485. My 485 was approved on July 8th 2010. Below is the timeline
July 1st - Applied Wife's 485
July 8th - My 485 was approved
July 13th - Wife's 485 Denied due to outdated forms
July 14th - My H1, Wife's H4 and I-94 Expired
July 19th - Planning on sending a new 485 application for spouse
I'm mainly concerned about two things
1. Is she out of status for 5 days from July 14th to 19th
2. Can I still apply her as a derivative, as my 485 is already approved.
Thank you,
more...
nefrateedi
08-29 12:39 PM
Thank you so much nefrateedi,
I feel a little bit relieved now.
I read now about Direct Filing....and I understood that if you apply after july 30...you can send the application either to Nebraska or Texas. Hopefully I'm right in this matter.
Thanks again
Actually it was before July 30 that you could send it to either service center, but like I said earlier, with all the internal transfering that's going on, hopefully you'll be ok.
I feel a little bit relieved now.
I read now about Direct Filing....and I understood that if you apply after july 30...you can send the application either to Nebraska or Texas. Hopefully I'm right in this matter.
Thanks again
Actually it was before July 30 that you could send it to either service center, but like I said earlier, with all the internal transfering that's going on, hopefully you'll be ok.
milind70
07-26 09:39 AM
My attorney tells me they don't give employees copies of labor applications.
Is this normal? Would I need it in future - if I switch jobs 180 days after 485 etc?
Labor and 140 is property of the employer, most of the cases it is not provided to the employee. And yes thats pretty normal.
But if your employer instructs the attorney he can share the copies of the same with you.
Is this normal? Would I need it in future - if I switch jobs 180 days after 485 etc?
Labor and 140 is property of the employer, most of the cases it is not provided to the employee. And yes thats pretty normal.
But if your employer instructs the attorney he can share the copies of the same with you.
more...
nefrateedi
08-29 12:39 PM
Thank you so much nefrateedi,
I feel a little bit relieved now.
I read now about Direct Filing....and I understood that if you apply after july 30...you can send the application either to Nebraska or Texas. Hopefully I'm right in this matter.
Thanks again
Actually it was before July 30 that you could send it to either service center, but like I said earlier, with all the internal transfering that's going on, hopefully you'll be ok.
I feel a little bit relieved now.
I read now about Direct Filing....and I understood that if you apply after july 30...you can send the application either to Nebraska or Texas. Hopefully I'm right in this matter.
Thanks again
Actually it was before July 30 that you could send it to either service center, but like I said earlier, with all the internal transfering that's going on, hopefully you'll be ok.
485Mbe4001
06-11 12:05 PM
Why dont you PM them or call the number listed on the site, why do you want a thread for it. The IV agenda is listed on this site, i am sure they will support any bill that helps the cause.
Asked Core Iv A Question And They Deleted The Thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked IV core on what version of immigration bill they support because I and other people wanted to know since there are so many amendments to the current immigration bill and Now I log in to see , the thread is missing, why, my question was straight forward, again I am asking them on what form of immigration bill they support. I highly doubt In what they are doing looks like they are working for the benefit of them self. Guys please don�t be ignorant and its your right to ask the question don�t be a dumb crowd but ask questions.
I am too in the same GC queue with I140 and I485 filed and pending, so don�t count me as anti � immigrant but also want to see the betterment of others too who are in GC process and will be effected due to the introduction of the new bill.
Asked Core Iv A Question And They Deleted The Thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked IV core on what version of immigration bill they support because I and other people wanted to know since there are so many amendments to the current immigration bill and Now I log in to see , the thread is missing, why, my question was straight forward, again I am asking them on what form of immigration bill they support. I highly doubt In what they are doing looks like they are working for the benefit of them self. Guys please don�t be ignorant and its your right to ask the question don�t be a dumb crowd but ask questions.
I am too in the same GC queue with I140 and I485 filed and pending, so don�t count me as anti � immigrant but also want to see the betterment of others too who are in GC process and will be effected due to the introduction of the new bill.
more...
godspeed
01-15 09:16 AM
You have done all the right things, sit tight, all izz well.
It would be helpful to others if you can blog the cover letter and the AP explanation letter.
Great, so I see so many fast cases here.
I had all my docs well organized, also put tabs corresponding to the list numers on cover letter for quick access. I also included self addressed prepaid priority envelope.
It would be helpful to others if you can blog the cover letter and the AP explanation letter.
Great, so I see so many fast cases here.
I had all my docs well organized, also put tabs corresponding to the list numers on cover letter for quick access. I also included self addressed prepaid priority envelope.
GreenCard_Soon
05-25 01:44 PM
Just sent the fax.
more...
bkn96
02-18 10:58 AM
My MTR got approved in 2 months from TSC.
But online status for I485 is not changed yet...... Does anyone has any idea of what process they follow for MTR reopening and I485 status update?
I am in same situation. MTR approved to reopen 485 but online status not changed still shows 'denial notice sent'.
But online status for I485 is not changed yet...... Does anyone has any idea of what process they follow for MTR reopening and I485 status update?
I am in same situation. MTR approved to reopen 485 but online status not changed still shows 'denial notice sent'.
sss9i
11-15 04:11 PM
Hi,I am also looking for Science teacher job for my sister.
I am from Phoenix. Can you give me cell no,So that I can call you regarding H1B Visa and Information regarding Teacher certification.
Thank you
Sreenivas
Hi
I am a teacher on H1B. I am here with a company GTRR. If you are a math, science or special education teacher you can get job easily. The company site is gtrr.net.
I am from Phoenix. Can you give me cell no,So that I can call you regarding H1B Visa and Information regarding Teacher certification.
Thank you
Sreenivas
Hi
I am a teacher on H1B. I am here with a company GTRR. If you are a math, science or special education teacher you can get job easily. The company site is gtrr.net.
EndlessWait
07-31 04:41 PM
uuuhhh. I can atleast respond to the drink question! use your passport. that is valid proof of age. The law does not require everyone to have a drivers license. Driving is a privilage.......not a right. So, feel free to take your passport in as proof of age and enjoy the drinks :D
Well your temporary license is as good as ur old license. Does it have your picture and DOB..if so then take that along..passport should be avoided as long as not necessary(to prevent it from getting lost).
Well your temporary license is as good as ur old license. Does it have your picture and DOB..if so then take that along..passport should be avoided as long as not necessary(to prevent it from getting lost).
telekinesis
10-14 07:22 PM
Thanks again! You should get a www.deviantart.com account, I am sure you would get some nice feedback!
eb3_nepa
08-13 09:39 PM
Last week we all got the LUD of 08/05/2007 also a Sunday. My lawyer said maybe it was a mass update, but now I am beginning to wonder if that is the case.
Now this is a THEORY but what if every Sunday they are updating the packages being sent from NSC to TSC. The very fact that there is an LUD update means 1 important thing
You are not a concurrent filer.
Maybe it is my wishful thinking, but i feel that seeing mass LUD updates on 2 consecutive Sundays is too much to be a mere coincidence.
Now this is a THEORY but what if every Sunday they are updating the packages being sent from NSC to TSC. The very fact that there is an LUD update means 1 important thing
You are not a concurrent filer.
Maybe it is my wishful thinking, but i feel that seeing mass LUD updates on 2 consecutive Sundays is too much to be a mere coincidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment