AJ Muni
Sep 19, 05:23 PM
I need to buy a monitor for a powerbook and saw a few companies selling new, in the box 17" Apple Studio Displays online. The price is about $450. I have always loved the look of that monitor, but am wondering how well they stack up with today's monitors. In addition, I believe for the same price I could get 19" - so I am torn. Any advice? :confused:
where did you find it?? im looking for one...
where did you find it?? im looking for one...
ulbador
Feb 24, 02:12 PM
Only three things come to mind:
1) That you are inadvertently calling mysqli_close somewhere before a query or ping, maybe in one of your includes.
2) You are overwriting $conn somewhere else.
3) Some PHP bug in an older version of PHP perhaps. Are you guys running on CentOS / RHEL? If so I would suggest upgrading to 5.2 from the testing repos and see if that helps.
I could see the close or even possibly an overwrite happening. At the same time, that is kinda what I want to be able to detect with one of the cases mentioned above.
It's a compiled-from-source version of PHP 5.3.5.
1) That you are inadvertently calling mysqli_close somewhere before a query or ping, maybe in one of your includes.
2) You are overwriting $conn somewhere else.
3) Some PHP bug in an older version of PHP perhaps. Are you guys running on CentOS / RHEL? If so I would suggest upgrading to 5.2 from the testing repos and see if that helps.
I could see the close or even possibly an overwrite happening. At the same time, that is kinda what I want to be able to detect with one of the cases mentioned above.
It's a compiled-from-source version of PHP 5.3.5.
SMM
Jan 12, 09:49 AM
I love macs they are so cool. I'm a little skeptical over the iPod. But that's a different matter. I know Apple are always using iThis and iThat. However I think it is a bit cheeky that they are using there legions of lawyers to steal Cisco's trademark. I know that it has the i before Phone but thousands of products exsist with the i before product names. It's only because Apple wants the name. Hypothetically if you made a computer screen and called it iScreen. Then if apple made a screen and wanted to use your name How would you feel if they took it from you due to their stronger legal forces? Not happy I presume. That is the same thing happening to Cisco. I do have an idea which could help Apple. If they want to hear it they can email me.
What is your opinion on Cisco and Apple's dispute?
I think it provides a whole new subject for trolling. I also think it is between Cisco and Apple.
What is your opinion on Cisco and Apple's dispute?
I think it provides a whole new subject for trolling. I also think it is between Cisco and Apple.
mac.rumors
May 6, 03:59 PM
A 2TB Seagate ST32000541AS on my 3.4GHz i7 with 2GB 6970M. I have not been able to get any details of this drive on Seagate's website.
Any pointers to more details will be helpful.
Thanks.
Any pointers to more details will be helpful.
Thanks.
more...
uplusd
Apr 20, 01:14 PM
put it in "extend (bridge mode)" under connection sharing on the internet page.
then give it the same SSID and security settings as the main base.
your devices will automatically switch to the stronger signal as you move around the house. it will only appear once.
most large locations (like airports (not apple's devices, but the places with airplanes)) do this, and you never know.
that's only if you are using the same flavor of wireless (B,G, or N) on both units, if you are trying to create separate G & N networks, still use the bridge mode but give them different names. (up to you if the security settings are the same or not)
Thanks for the response! I currently have my base station and express setup in WDS mode, but I find that when that speeds are drastically slow when connected to the airport express. I assume this solution would resolve the downgrade in speed?
Update: Just redid my airport configurations and wireless through the bridge is much faster now. WDS officially stinks!
then give it the same SSID and security settings as the main base.
your devices will automatically switch to the stronger signal as you move around the house. it will only appear once.
most large locations (like airports (not apple's devices, but the places with airplanes)) do this, and you never know.
that's only if you are using the same flavor of wireless (B,G, or N) on both units, if you are trying to create separate G & N networks, still use the bridge mode but give them different names. (up to you if the security settings are the same or not)
Thanks for the response! I currently have my base station and express setup in WDS mode, but I find that when that speeds are drastically slow when connected to the airport express. I assume this solution would resolve the downgrade in speed?
Update: Just redid my airport configurations and wireless through the bridge is much faster now. WDS officially stinks!
Sharky II
Apr 25, 04:28 PM
really weird and frustrating, huh. �240 (just under $400) for 8gb in the UK from crucial, or anywhere else i've seen. 4GB is merely 1/2 that.
don't think you can get it any cheaper. and it's probably going to stay there. urgh.
don't think you can get it any cheaper. and it's probably going to stay there. urgh.
more...
Th3d0ctor
Apr 8, 12:27 PM
4.3.1 didn't bring much but 4.3 brought improvements on AirPlay, safar, added home sharing options, iPad sloder switch option, and added the hotspot feature.
http://www.apple.com/ios/
http://www.apple.com/ios/
seubjoh
Mar 23, 12:32 PM
Ya Im having trouble finding a base install thats not an update. Any help? Thanks for the speedy responses guys I appreciate it
more...
biohazard6969
Dec 7, 10:42 PM
again, i'm interested in the PC but would have to wait for some christmas cash. as stated in your previous thread i could trade, a powerbook g3, ipod 3G 15GB, or an imac G3 600
let me know if interested...i also have a few obscure un-tech related things for sale if interested....
let me know if interested...i also have a few obscure un-tech related things for sale if interested....
Tharian
May 6, 11:21 PM
1 to 1 is only offered at Apple stores or online. I've worked for Apple for years so I would know.
And yes, you can technically purchase it within 14 days, but when you go in the staff will do their best to get you to get it the same day.
-d
And yes, you can technically purchase it within 14 days, but when you go in the staff will do their best to get you to get it the same day.
-d
more...
etoiles
Sep 14, 09:25 AM
Importing from Europe would be even more interesting. But I'm not sure that most of the cars built for their consumption meet U.S. emissions and crash testing standards. Therefore, obtaining registration would probably be unduly difficult.
cars tend to be much more expensive (same models) in Europe,though... guess you wouldn't have to pay taxes there, but I am not sure to how much this accounts for.
I really wish to se the Audi A2 here in the US...it is not the most 'manly' car

Large Black Hair Barrette
more...

Hair Barrette / Hair Clip

Large Black Hair Barrette
more...

LARGE BARRETTE CLIP HAIR MADE

Costume Jewelry Hair Barrette
more...

rhinestone arrettes hair

of arrette and hair pins

Barrette, Hair, Hair, Hair,
cars tend to be much more expensive (same models) in Europe,though... guess you wouldn't have to pay taxes there, but I am not sure to how much this accounts for.
I really wish to se the Audi A2 here in the US...it is not the most 'manly' car
MRiOS
May 4, 09:28 AM
I was about to do that, but then I read somewhere that Verizon won't grandfather when you upgrade after they switch the plans
I was assured by the Verizon rep who activated my phone and added the data, that if I were to upgrade to another 3G smartphone down the line that my unlimited data would be grandfathered, now when it comes to 4G LTE, no I don't get unlimited of that. The only part of my plan they weren't sure would get grandfathered if I upgraded is the 5GB tethering/hotspot allowance.
I was assured by the Verizon rep who activated my phone and added the data, that if I were to upgrade to another 3G smartphone down the line that my unlimited data would be grandfathered, now when it comes to 4G LTE, no I don't get unlimited of that. The only part of my plan they weren't sure would get grandfathered if I upgraded is the 5GB tethering/hotspot allowance.
more...
Rodimus Prime
Dec 29, 01:10 AM
i will say the kinect is pretty awesome though lol
surely you can buy one via online however right?
I check Amazon. The 4GB can really only be found with the bundle. You can get a stand alone 250 gig system.
surely you can buy one via online however right?
I check Amazon. The 4GB can really only be found with the bundle. You can get a stand alone 250 gig system.
Frozonecold
Mar 13, 10:03 AM
Is a scratch on the screen covered by Applecare?
more...
Dyne
May 3, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from back when the mid-2010 iMacs launched, but I purchased one, and despite loving the system, I ended up having to return it due to having a lot of eye strain while using it for even five minutes. With the new iMacs having been launched today, I decided to pick up a new one to attempt to adjust to the screen again, as I really, REALLY loved the system, and I hated being back on a Windows machine.
I'm not certain why, but I'm having next to no issues this time around; I've been using the system nearly non-stop for the last two hours, and I've had very minimal eyestrain compared to last year's model! Absolutely NOTHING has changed whatsoever with my vision or lighting conditions in my PC room.
Was something possibly changed with the displays for this release that has alleviated my issues almost entirely? If so, I'm certainly not complaining. :) And hopefully those other individuals besides myself that were having the same issues previously will be able to use the new iMacs with relative ease, as well!
I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from back when the mid-2010 iMacs launched, but I purchased one, and despite loving the system, I ended up having to return it due to having a lot of eye strain while using it for even five minutes. With the new iMacs having been launched today, I decided to pick up a new one to attempt to adjust to the screen again, as I really, REALLY loved the system, and I hated being back on a Windows machine.
I'm not certain why, but I'm having next to no issues this time around; I've been using the system nearly non-stop for the last two hours, and I've had very minimal eyestrain compared to last year's model! Absolutely NOTHING has changed whatsoever with my vision or lighting conditions in my PC room.
Was something possibly changed with the displays for this release that has alleviated my issues almost entirely? If so, I'm certainly not complaining. :) And hopefully those other individuals besides myself that were having the same issues previously will be able to use the new iMacs with relative ease, as well!
iSayuSay
May 3, 11:58 PM
The new Radeon 6 series including EyeComfort .. you should check their website more often :D
Maybe you're just too excited you forget that your eyes actually a bit strained, you know .. a tiny bit :p
Maybe you're just too excited you forget that your eyes actually a bit strained, you know .. a tiny bit :p
more...
parrothead
Dec 22, 01:39 PM
Also of note with the Dension solution if you get a new car down the road and want to move it to the new car, it will only work if the new car is the same make as your current car (i.e. Honda to Honda not Honda to BMW) which sucks because they should just make it so you can just swap cable connecting the ICE Link to the car's headunit. Oh well I guess I'll see what the iCruze has to offer when it comes out.
This is not true. the ICE works with several after-market brands like Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. If you had one of these in your car, and got a new one, you would merely have to move the radio to the new car.
This is not true. the ICE works with several after-market brands like Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. If you had one of these in your car, and got a new one, you would merely have to move the radio to the new car.
h1r0ll3r
Apr 7, 08:10 AM
Apple
G by Guess jeans
Canon cameras
HP printers
North Face
Oakley
Under Armour
Nike
to name a few.
G by Guess jeans
Canon cameras
HP printers
North Face
Oakley
Under Armour
Nike
to name a few.
Chrispy
Sep 23, 04:32 PM
Hey all,
My friend who goes to IU called me up today for information on buying a mac. I explained to him that for what he wanted to do a 12" iBook would be more than enough power. He was really sold, however, when I let me in on the deal macmall is running right now.
They have $50 off all iBook ($100 off powerbooks and powermacs)
A Free 1GB stick of ram with $39.99 install charge
A Free All-In-One Espon Printer
And a Free Carrying case and sleeve
After rebate he would only pay $990 :eek: He then got really pumped and said he is going to place his order in the next few day haha. My work here has been done... and this from the guy who has been burned many times by Apple ;)
P.S. I just had my first very negative experience with Dell but that is for another time and another thread haha.
My friend who goes to IU called me up today for information on buying a mac. I explained to him that for what he wanted to do a 12" iBook would be more than enough power. He was really sold, however, when I let me in on the deal macmall is running right now.
They have $50 off all iBook ($100 off powerbooks and powermacs)
A Free 1GB stick of ram with $39.99 install charge
A Free All-In-One Espon Printer
And a Free Carrying case and sleeve
After rebate he would only pay $990 :eek: He then got really pumped and said he is going to place his order in the next few day haha. My work here has been done... and this from the guy who has been burned many times by Apple ;)
P.S. I just had my first very negative experience with Dell but that is for another time and another thread haha.
appleguy123
Apr 27, 09:05 PM
Yes, they honor AppleCare.
http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html
Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html
Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
Some_Big_Spoon
Sep 28, 11:57 PM
I've been using Keynote lately for work presentations. It's annoying not to be able to give them to PC co-workers. PPT such a piece of crap, and i'd like to be able to use keynote more, but sadly it's not super useful anywhere other than my computer.
spicyapple
Oct 20, 09:59 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/50F1FE.jpg
One word: anachronistic
a video version of generations coming soon. :)
One word: anachronistic
a video version of generations coming soon. :)
BlindMellon
May 2, 06:59 AM
those images again? those things would rock like a babies cradle when you lay them down and apple would be a laughing stock.
mydogisbox
Apr 12, 07:10 AM
If you want to make an app with html5 and then compile it down to a native iOS app you can use http://www.phonegap.com/ . I'm currently using it to develop an app and have a prototype using it on my iPad. Works pretty well so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment