shahuja
02-07 01:29 PM
Try calling the DOS and explaining then what's going on and see who you can call to check the status next.
The lawyers email is text book response and may not help you much.
If the consulate didn't give you any slip during your interview then most likely it is PIMS related. Call up DOS!
i called DOS again and they say its in the final processing stage at the embassy..check with embassy..and embassy said waiting for information from DOS..i just hope VO doesnt send it back to DOS for more processing again...
how did your wife's PP go ?? any news from embassyy..
The lawyers email is text book response and may not help you much.
If the consulate didn't give you any slip during your interview then most likely it is PIMS related. Call up DOS!
i called DOS again and they say its in the final processing stage at the embassy..check with embassy..and embassy said waiting for information from DOS..i just hope VO doesnt send it back to DOS for more processing again...
how did your wife's PP go ?? any news from embassyy..
wallpaper MOORE family crest MOORE coat
amdn123
06-13 09:00 AM
Wow, this is news to me. Could you please clarify something, logiclife? I apply to another company, who gets me a 3 year H1B before my 6th year starts. Do I need to request my old company to keep my PERM and I-140 alive until the I-485 is filed and approved? I thought the only way to move to another company was after 3 months of applying for I-485. Thanks for the advice!
First of all, make sure you double check everything I say here with an immigration lawyer. I am not an immigration lawyer and my knowledge is based on forums like these.
Ok.
You still have another 2 months before you begin the last year of your initial 6-year H1 term.
If you new employer is willing to do H1, then FILE H1 as soon as possible. You will get a 3 year H1 term with your new employer based on your current 140 that is approved(with your current employer). The thing is - beyond the 6th year, you can get 3 year extensions of H1 if your 140 is approved(with someone, anyone, it doesnt have to be your employer at that time). Now, if you quit your current employer and go with new one and you end up getting only 1 year H1 with the new employer(in case if you cannot somehow use your current approved 140 to get a 3 year H1), then its still ok. But have your new employer start the new GC's labor right away. That way, you will have 365 days passed when your 6 year term is over in Aug 2007, making you eligible for 7th year of H1. This is very important.
Yes, if your old employer is going to withdraw your labor and 140, then your new employer will have to start GC from scratch. That begins with PERM labor. If you file under EB2, I think you can still transfer your priority date from your old EB3 labor and 140 to new EB2 process. (however, better make sure from a lawyer).
First of all, make sure you double check everything I say here with an immigration lawyer. I am not an immigration lawyer and my knowledge is based on forums like these.
Ok.
You still have another 2 months before you begin the last year of your initial 6-year H1 term.
If you new employer is willing to do H1, then FILE H1 as soon as possible. You will get a 3 year H1 term with your new employer based on your current 140 that is approved(with your current employer). The thing is - beyond the 6th year, you can get 3 year extensions of H1 if your 140 is approved(with someone, anyone, it doesnt have to be your employer at that time). Now, if you quit your current employer and go with new one and you end up getting only 1 year H1 with the new employer(in case if you cannot somehow use your current approved 140 to get a 3 year H1), then its still ok. But have your new employer start the new GC's labor right away. That way, you will have 365 days passed when your 6 year term is over in Aug 2007, making you eligible for 7th year of H1. This is very important.
Yes, if your old employer is going to withdraw your labor and 140, then your new employer will have to start GC from scratch. That begins with PERM labor. If you file under EB2, I think you can still transfer your priority date from your old EB3 labor and 140 to new EB2 process. (however, better make sure from a lawyer).
andy garcia
07-18 10:08 AM
Hello all, my lawyer is charging $600 for EAD (including uscis fees), I heard from one of my friends that EAD can be applied by yourself.
Has anyone done that?
Is it easy to do that?
Here is:
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
Has anyone done that?
Is it easy to do that?
Here is:
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
2011 will smith family guy. like
gc_check
01-17 08:21 AM
Refer to the below url for more details.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html#apply
Couple of years back, it was simple.. You just walk to the local IRS office and fill in a W-7 with proper ID, you are done. This has changed now. You can apply for a ITIN (W7) for H4, only when you file your tax returns. You complete the Form W-7 and file it along with your tax return, The W7 is processed first and then the taxes.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html#apply
Couple of years back, it was simple.. You just walk to the local IRS office and fill in a W-7 with proper ID, you are done. This has changed now. You can apply for a ITIN (W7) for H4, only when you file your tax returns. You complete the Form W-7 and file it along with your tax return, The W7 is processed first and then the taxes.
more...
Neocrack
04-19 11:31 PM
I had the same situation:
1. On the application form list your parents name as you want it. They will print the new name on the renewal passport. (I was not asked for any additional documents)
2.To add your spouses name on the passport you will have to give a copy of the marriage certificate and your spouses passport as part of the application form (I had applied in person).
1. On the application form list your parents name as you want it. They will print the new name on the renewal passport. (I was not asked for any additional documents)
2.To add your spouses name on the passport you will have to give a copy of the marriage certificate and your spouses passport as part of the application form (I had applied in person).
ssingh92
05-03 01:17 PM
Hey - can you please tell me where you applied for the 4 yr DL. I have always got my DL extended only till I-94 expiry or of late - till my EAD expiry. I renew my DL in Columbus. Can you please share your experience as to where you got your DL renewed?
I think PA is very liberal in issuing the Dr. Lic. Last year (2008) I cam back from India using AP and I received my Dr. Lic renewed upto 2012. I just applied online printed the form, went Norristown (near King Of Prussia), showed him old unexpired Dr Lic, He took my picture and issued me Dr Lic..
This is why I dont want to move in other state. If I had to then I will keep my permanent address in PA, twice in a month will come back here.
I think PA is very liberal in issuing the Dr. Lic. Last year (2008) I cam back from India using AP and I received my Dr. Lic renewed upto 2012. I just applied online printed the form, went Norristown (near King Of Prussia), showed him old unexpired Dr Lic, He took my picture and issued me Dr Lic..
This is why I dont want to move in other state. If I had to then I will keep my permanent address in PA, twice in a month will come back here.
more...
Shootist
June 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I like it when things happen serendipitously - they are much more fun. I like the first shot. Shortlived and fragile, bubbles are fascinating things. You find yourself willing them to last longer but they never do - unless you shoot them.
2010 wallpaper will smith family
trueguy
07-31 02:56 PM
From where you got this fact? If this is the fact then PD won't be hovering in 2001 since last 5 years. In those days, PD for EB3 was always current so every body applied in EB3.
Sorry but you guys seem to forget the fact that there were very few 2001, 2002 filers.
I dont know about 2003.
Sorry but you guys seem to forget the fact that there were very few 2001, 2002 filers.
I dont know about 2003.
more...
delhirocks
06-17 12:11 PM
Why do you think the bill will be passed? It is very tough. Even Senate passes it is tough in House. Also it may not be passed in current form. Even current form is passed you will get gc faster than the people who are filing I485 now. Because most of the persons like you already filed I 485 you can file by point system and you will get soon as you have 5 years US experience.
Now nothing is negative so for but we do not know what tomorrow brings. Do not assume anything till anything is confirmed
Iam in the same boat, Iam on my 5th year H1. Senthil...I guess the point the original poster is trying to make is there are few of us who will be stuck in the middle. Our LC filing date will be after May15th'07 and the 6th year H1 gets over before Oct'08.
Now nothing is negative so for but we do not know what tomorrow brings. Do not assume anything till anything is confirmed
Iam in the same boat, Iam on my 5th year H1. Senthil...I guess the point the original poster is trying to make is there are few of us who will be stuck in the middle. Our LC filing date will be after May15th'07 and the 6th year H1 gets over before Oct'08.
hair justin ieber dog.
miguy
01-11 02:27 PM
My wife has started using her EAD so I understand that she would need to use the AP to re-enter US. But, I am still on H1 working for the same employer that is processing my greencard. Would I need to use AP to re-enter or can I re-enter on H1 ?....my lawyer suggests using AP but I've read at other places where they say you can continue to travel on H1
confused......
confused......
more...
eeezzz
03-06 02:34 PM
I'll urge people from especially from California and Texas send out the letters and call up their lawmakers...Despite the Anti-immigrant climate prevailing in the country, congresswoman Zoe Logfren was able to get her bill passed on wednesday....If we can proove to them that we are not asking new green card numbers and not ask for recapturing green card numbers, they'll certainly hear us, but we need to speak up...
The words in red and bold is the right direction for a solution.
When there's a "NOT" in front of it, it is no longer a correct direction.
The words in red and bold is the right direction for a solution.
When there's a "NOT" in front of it, it is no longer a correct direction.
hot 2011 justin ieber photoshoot
pappusheth
05-02 12:02 AM
Should not be an issue. Dont forget to give the approval notice to the IO. Otherwise you will be given only till Aug 2009.
Thanks snathan. I do plan to carry I-797. When you say "you will be given till Aug 2009", what are you referring to?
Thanks snathan. I do plan to carry I-797. When you say "you will be given till Aug 2009", what are you referring to?
more...
house The Barack Obama family tree.
knnmbd
08-29 02:25 PM
This is the loophole that needs to be plugged for the SKIL to work successfully. The one clause that need to be added is that the advance degree must have been completed before the LC was filed / approved so that acquiring education in excess of a Bachelor's does not become a ground for exploitation. Also, Online MBA's, M.S and other programs are not accredited by their respective boards anyway, meaning it’s a good 1 1/2 to 2 years of FULL TIME graduate school to get ahead of the line.
tattoo Pictures Of Justin Bieber

CCC2006
09-11 03:54 PM
Hi All,
I received word from my company that my 45 day letter had come in .. this is March 2005. Its more than a year and now they just seem to keep quite. If I persist they say the lawyer has not come up with anything yet.
I tried calling the lawyer but they say that nothing has come up either.
Now with all the talk about September 2007 the finish date for the BEC where do we stand. My lawyer is quiet, my employer is quite and my 6 years are getting close to complete in January 2007.
How are you guyz coping ? I am tired of waiting .. haven't gone past the first stage.
Hoping for the best.
I received word from my company that my 45 day letter had come in .. this is March 2005. Its more than a year and now they just seem to keep quite. If I persist they say the lawyer has not come up with anything yet.
I tried calling the lawyer but they say that nothing has come up either.
Now with all the talk about September 2007 the finish date for the BEC where do we stand. My lawyer is quiet, my employer is quite and my 6 years are getting close to complete in January 2007.
How are you guyz coping ? I am tired of waiting .. haven't gone past the first stage.
Hoping for the best.
more...
pictures Themed Christmas Tree Ideas

reno_john
06-16 02:02 AM
If you read the instructions for I-485, nowhere does it require you to be on a non immigrant visa, with dual intent, to apply for I-485.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
Any F1 visa spouse can apply for I-485 the only legal cause is that at the time of filing spouse status should be legal, found from my attorney.
As per my knowledge when I was a student, the internation center updates the Sevis database and also writes on the I-20 that the student is accepting OPT and so a EAD needs to be issued. And on the EAD it will mention that the EAD is for OPT, so EAD for I485 is differect from EAD for OPT.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
Any F1 visa spouse can apply for I-485 the only legal cause is that at the time of filing spouse status should be legal, found from my attorney.
As per my knowledge when I was a student, the internation center updates the Sevis database and also writes on the I-20 that the student is accepting OPT and so a EAD needs to be issued. And on the EAD it will mention that the EAD is for OPT, so EAD for I485 is differect from EAD for OPT.
dresses 2010 justin ieber up remix.

ndialani
11-23 08:38 PM
Do you mean we can send checks for $ accounts to be deposited into local rupees accounts in india? Does this work. Do you know how long it takes for them to get the money after each cheque deposit?
Hebbar77,
Yes its ok to do it. I have been doing it for last 11 years. It usually takes 7-10 days to get it cleared in the bank.MY parents have account in Axis bank , ICICI and dena bank. Depends from bank to bank.
Advantage: no extra cost involved
Limitation: 1-2 weeks time
Wire transfer:
Advantage: money is there in 2 days , good for emergencies
Limitation: unnecessary extra cost involved.
Hebbar77,
Yes its ok to do it. I have been doing it for last 11 years. It usually takes 7-10 days to get it cleared in the bank.MY parents have account in Axis bank , ICICI and dena bank. Depends from bank to bank.
Advantage: no extra cost involved
Limitation: 1-2 weeks time
Wire transfer:
Advantage: money is there in 2 days , good for emergencies
Limitation: unnecessary extra cost involved.
more...
makeup how tall is justin ieber 2011
Sandeep
02-21 05:32 PM
If you are faxing it you may consider sharing the following pages :
Page 20 of http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0620.pdf shows target dates that the USCIS should have achieved
Page 22 of http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/CIS_AnnualReport_2005.pdf shows the unused visas for EB category ad the complex way it is calculated
http://fermat.nap.edu/catalog/11463.html shows the need for American Competitiveness. This report was published by the committee on Science Engineering and Public Policy
Pages 8-10 of http://www.whitehouse.gov/cea/ch2-erp06.pdf describe the importance of high skilled immigration to the U.S.
http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/visa_bulletin/2000-07bulletin.html Section E shows the procedure used
You can also send the following
THe brochure (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/media/Immigration_Voice_Brochure.pdf)
Endorsement (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/media/Dr_Richard_Florida.doc) by Dr. Florida
Page 20 of http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0620.pdf shows target dates that the USCIS should have achieved
Page 22 of http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/CIS_AnnualReport_2005.pdf shows the unused visas for EB category ad the complex way it is calculated
http://fermat.nap.edu/catalog/11463.html shows the need for American Competitiveness. This report was published by the committee on Science Engineering and Public Policy
Pages 8-10 of http://www.whitehouse.gov/cea/ch2-erp06.pdf describe the importance of high skilled immigration to the U.S.
http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/visa_bulletin/2000-07bulletin.html Section E shows the procedure used
You can also send the following
THe brochure (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/media/Immigration_Voice_Brochure.pdf)
Endorsement (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/media/Dr_Richard_Florida.doc) by Dr. Florida
girlfriend Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
Soltan
05-05 06:46 PM
I think there's some nuance to this. You don't lose your PD if the company revokes your I-140, but you do lose your PD if USCIS revokes your I-140 due to fraud.
Hey guys, digging up a little old topic but I have a question regarding the same.
I was with my previous company for 4 years and had my i140 approved. Then I had to transfer to a different company due to most in humane behavior by them. They never gave me a copy of the i140 with repeated requests.
But I do have the receipt and receipt number and I can check online that it is approved. So next time when the time is right for 485 etc, can I just use the old i140 receipt and print out of the approval (from uscis site)? Will the receipt and the approval print out work to PORT my PD?
Please please reply.
Hey guys, digging up a little old topic but I have a question regarding the same.
I was with my previous company for 4 years and had my i140 approved. Then I had to transfer to a different company due to most in humane behavior by them. They never gave me a copy of the i140 with repeated requests.
But I do have the receipt and receipt number and I can check online that it is approved. So next time when the time is right for 485 etc, can I just use the old i140 receipt and print out of the approval (from uscis site)? Will the receipt and the approval print out work to PORT my PD?
Please please reply.
hairstyles tree blossom drawing_13.
GCBy3000
01-14 12:52 PM
Only H1 reform is likely by feb 15th.
lostinbeta
10-03 12:18 PM
I replied to that thread :)
aadimanav
12-28 02:06 PM
NSC Dec 2007 Processing Times says:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
"..The processing times shown below are for applications that have just been completed..."
In the table it mentions "April 24, 2007" as the date for EB based 485 adjustment applications.
Just for one sec assume that above date is right. What does "processing completion" of your 485 means? Does that mean your case is pre-adjudicated and waiting for the visa number and you won't get any RFE?
Also, when they are mentioning "April 24, 2007" date , are they ignoring the applicants who are stuck in namecheck process for years? If a person has filed 485 in 2005 or 2006 but stuck in namecheck, how come 485 is completed?
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
"..The processing times shown below are for applications that have just been completed..."
In the table it mentions "April 24, 2007" as the date for EB based 485 adjustment applications.
Just for one sec assume that above date is right. What does "processing completion" of your 485 means? Does that mean your case is pre-adjudicated and waiting for the visa number and you won't get any RFE?
Also, when they are mentioning "April 24, 2007" date , are they ignoring the applicants who are stuck in namecheck process for years? If a person has filed 485 in 2005 or 2006 but stuck in namecheck, how come 485 is completed?
No comments:
Post a Comment