Lollypop
Apr 11, 01:02 AM
A lot of linux ditros work without a graphics card, problem is you might need embedded hardware that is designed to work without a graphics card.
Cheapest way to build a headless pc is to get a cheap ass dell (yes, i know im sorry!!! :( ) with cheap ass integrated graphics, cofigure the machine, and then once its up and running to allocate less memory to the graphics card and more to the OS to increase performance.
Cheapest way to build a headless pc is to get a cheap ass dell (yes, i know im sorry!!! :( ) with cheap ass integrated graphics, cofigure the machine, and then once its up and running to allocate less memory to the graphics card and more to the OS to increase performance.
myjay610
Mar 8, 06:38 AM
Are you hosting Apache on port 8080? You could just set up a virtual server at *.:80 and any requests to there could be re-directed to the virtual server on *.:8080.
Otherwise I can't think of a way to handle it from something other than the receiving application layer.
Otherwise I can't think of a way to handle it from something other than the receiving application layer.
wrldwzrd89
Oct 20, 07:24 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
I knew this was coming - Java 6u20 has security issues that this update addresses, albeit later than I hoped for. I hope this does not break my existing Java apps.
I knew this was coming - Java 6u20 has security issues that this update addresses, albeit later than I hoped for. I hope this does not break my existing Java apps.
trainguy77
Nov 12, 10:02 AM
So, where did you get the Beta from? I looked at the download/beta section of Stanford, but didn't see it.
Its intel only. However, to get it you have to request to join the beta team in the forums.
Its intel only. However, to get it you have to request to join the beta team in the forums.
more...
Huntn
Mar 2, 09:49 PM
If something (marriage) is right, does it really need special legislation to institutionalize discrimination in defense of it? Legislation of morality is always a slippery slope. I'm speaking of social morals.
MmmPancakes
Sep 23, 03:45 PM
I think the shuffles are a great idea for the tournament, and it shows the school is in tune with cool gifts for that age group. Apple refurbs are usualy great products...especially with a shuffle. With solid state flash memory, its either works perfect or it doesn't work at all, so refurb won't matter too much.
more...
saintforlife
May 1, 01:35 PM
So I have read posts here where people claim that the white iPhone 4 has an improved antenna design and hence has better performance. Anybody know if the same improvements have been made on the black iPhone 4?
I am exchanging my current black one at the store due to other hardware issues (home button, sleep on/off button, proximity sensor) and am trying to see if I will get a new black iPhone 4 with the antenna improvements.
I am exchanging my current black one at the store due to other hardware issues (home button, sleep on/off button, proximity sensor) and am trying to see if I will get a new black iPhone 4 with the antenna improvements.

qawes
Oct 16, 09:03 AM
http://www.wallpapers-room.com/
This is another cool site with loads of HD wallpapers in different res.
This is another cool site with loads of HD wallpapers in different res.
more...
plinden
Aug 18, 06:08 PM
Hey Folks.
So today my boss mentioned that it would be really nice to use babel fish to translate our entire website much like what is being done here:
http://www.golfgolden.com/content/view/10/33/
with the babelfish box on the left side.
This actually isn't a bad idea over all, except when I try running our website (http://www.SkiBig3.com) through babel fish it breaks the DHTML drop down menus, I suspect this has to do with the fact that babelfish sticks the site into a frame but I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of a work around for this??
Babelfish is an abomination, useful only for laughs. Here's a paragraph from a German news website (FAZ.net) translated into English.
"Because on 22 July officials shot the innocent Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, whom they had regarded as a terrorist. For Blair however the reproaches, it are more serious an independent investigation of the "Independent policy Complaints Commission" in the case Menezes to stop wanted."
So today my boss mentioned that it would be really nice to use babel fish to translate our entire website much like what is being done here:
http://www.golfgolden.com/content/view/10/33/
with the babelfish box on the left side.
This actually isn't a bad idea over all, except when I try running our website (http://www.SkiBig3.com) through babel fish it breaks the DHTML drop down menus, I suspect this has to do with the fact that babelfish sticks the site into a frame but I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of a work around for this??
Babelfish is an abomination, useful only for laughs. Here's a paragraph from a German news website (FAZ.net) translated into English.
"Because on 22 July officials shot the innocent Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, whom they had regarded as a terrorist. For Blair however the reproaches, it are more serious an independent investigation of the "Independent policy Complaints Commission" in the case Menezes to stop wanted."
jamdr
Jan 21, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the review. I was considering getting a Shuffle, but now that you mention it, maybe I'll get both the Mini and Shuffle :D I need a flash drive, too, so that probably makes sense.
more...
TwistedPain
May 2, 04:22 PM
What more information would you like?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
I'm not sure how many production weeks there were for the iphone 8gb. I can tell you that, this specific one was produced in July. Why are you inquiring about this info anyway?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
I'm not sure how many production weeks there were for the iphone 8gb. I can tell you that, this specific one was produced in July. Why are you inquiring about this info anyway?
zedsdead
Feb 24, 07:05 AM
I see you got FCP in your sig, i use Premiere CS5 and Photoshop you suggest the drobo would be good stuff like that? I have checked out the drobo before, they do look good. I just need something i can remote into and control when im away kick off downloads etc...as the server will be headless (no monitor)
The regular Drobo was too slow for HD video editing, but the Drobo S works great. It is not necessary as fast as a RAID-0, but I have had no slow downs or stuttering in FCP with the Drobo S.
The regular Drobo was too slow for HD video editing, but the Drobo S works great. It is not necessary as fast as a RAID-0, but I have had no slow downs or stuttering in FCP with the Drobo S.
more...
JackAxe
Mar 17, 05:39 PM
Maybe I'm getting old, but there doesn't seem to be any right now. :( All of the games I find interesting are being funneled/gimped to the 360, or the promising ones have been blah in general. The only game that my PC buddies got into, which I didn't for obvious reasons, was WoW, which of course is cross platform. Now that's all some of them play. :confused:
I haven't bought a PC game for a few years now. My PC Tower(s) are only on for a little bit of work these days.
What type of games do you like, I can ask my friends if they've found anything good at the moment, or if WoW is still consuming their lives? I've been gaming on PCs since the eighties and prior to this drout used ot game all of the time, mostly online and via LAN parties. And MS thinks we'll pay for services that are still free...
This is the only game (http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/) I'm even remotely interested in playing. But I'm not hold my breath, since System Shock 2 and other games that uses a similar approach to the first one, kind of blew chuncks in comparison.
<]=)
I haven't bought a PC game for a few years now. My PC Tower(s) are only on for a little bit of work these days.
What type of games do you like, I can ask my friends if they've found anything good at the moment, or if WoW is still consuming their lives? I've been gaming on PCs since the eighties and prior to this drout used ot game all of the time, mostly online and via LAN parties. And MS thinks we'll pay for services that are still free...
This is the only game (http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/) I'm even remotely interested in playing. But I'm not hold my breath, since System Shock 2 and other games that uses a similar approach to the first one, kind of blew chuncks in comparison.
<]=)
clayj
Sep 23, 10:56 AM
Someone is living in a crevice for the past decade. :rolleyes:Sorry, but even the head of cyclone/hurricane research for the World Meteorological Organization says that it is premature to link "global warming" (see: theory of) to increased hurricane activity this year (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/23/MTFH02074_2005-09-23_11-27-45_SCH341095.html).
more...
gameface
Mar 20, 07:28 PM
BUT the question is does anyone else use them?
Not many, no.
Not many, no.
point665
Oct 26, 07:22 PM
I was there before it opened. Using Leopard now.
more...
Benjamindaines
Jun 10, 10:28 AM
Macs are still a higher profit margin and responsible for more revenue - but the iPod/iPhone lines introduce customers to Apple as a company. People who buy Apple's devices are more likely to buy a Mac later, so they are still important even if they don't make much revenue.
I think it's more that Apple realized that in order to make money off the iPod they would have to make it too expensive for most people. When the iPod was released in 2001 it cost $500, and everyone bitched about it being too expensive. So Apple has changed their approach to selling the iPod for as cheap as possible while still making a little bit of money; this way they sell a lot more so their profits are higher than if they sold the iPod to make money. Ya follow?
The Mac on the other hand is still priced to be the cash cow.
I think it's more that Apple realized that in order to make money off the iPod they would have to make it too expensive for most people. When the iPod was released in 2001 it cost $500, and everyone bitched about it being too expensive. So Apple has changed their approach to selling the iPod for as cheap as possible while still making a little bit of money; this way they sell a lot more so their profits are higher than if they sold the iPod to make money. Ya follow?
The Mac on the other hand is still priced to be the cash cow.
USF Bulls Fan
Oct 19, 10:45 AM
So excited for Leopard! Been using my friend who is a developers copy, and WOOO, is it awesome!!!
boss.king
May 5, 04:30 AM
I laughed
wickedG35
Jul 1, 07:06 PM
Pics are here!
Without Flash:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/wickedg35/2407wfp.jpg
With Flash:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/wickedg35/2407wfp2.jpg
Again, the monitor is in pristine condition; not a scratch or dead pixel anywhere. I'm really meticulous about my electronics.
Without Flash:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/wickedg35/2407wfp.jpg
With Flash:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/wickedg35/2407wfp2.jpg
Again, the monitor is in pristine condition; not a scratch or dead pixel anywhere. I'm really meticulous about my electronics.
alansmallen
Jun 5, 03:55 PM
I apologize.
iMacC2D
Apr 19, 09:27 AM
The fact that the artifacts have appeared in the screenshot is a good indication that the LCD is not at fault. It's most certainly a defective GPU. Not much that can be done with it now, ignoring the fact that logic boards are expensive, i'd doubt that Apple would even stock parts for them anymore.
mjwatt29
Mar 25, 06:40 PM
Not rude at all, and thanks for the quick responses! MacRumors Forums are really helpful.
Thanks for the first reply, I checked the bootcamp format, which is indeed NTSF.
I was able to get the winclone image to restore finally (not mounting the image in winclone seems to fix that), but....
....now, when I try to restart in W7, I get a command screen saying that there are errors, which I tried to repair with the W7 installation disk to no avail. So, essentially, the restore seemed to work, but there is some type of issue with the image.
I also should mention that the clone was from another macBook that I'm trying to install in my new MacBook Pro (i7 quad).
I've attached the winclone log as a .txt file (it's rather long).
Anymore thoughts?
Thanks for the first reply, I checked the bootcamp format, which is indeed NTSF.
I was able to get the winclone image to restore finally (not mounting the image in winclone seems to fix that), but....
....now, when I try to restart in W7, I get a command screen saying that there are errors, which I tried to repair with the W7 installation disk to no avail. So, essentially, the restore seemed to work, but there is some type of issue with the image.
I also should mention that the clone was from another macBook that I'm trying to install in my new MacBook Pro (i7 quad).
I've attached the winclone log as a .txt file (it's rather long).
Anymore thoughts?
ingenious
Oct 23, 09:52 PM
Man, I wish I could come (I live so far southeast in Kansas that I'm almost in all three states at the same time)! I just preordered a family pack, so the chances are close to nil...
Have fun... (I REALLY want some of the freebies!)!
I'm totally stoked for the release no matter what.
Have fun... (I REALLY want some of the freebies!)!
I'm totally stoked for the release no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment