jsw
Sep 16, 02:33 PM
i have four LaCie d2 form factor drives in a LaCie desk rack. I've used d2's for years, no problems whatsoever. They are quiet and reliable, and, if you're getting more than one eventually, the rack is very nice.
jeremy h
Jul 22, 03:38 AM
Interesting bit of news here in the UK this morning. They've found evidence of a second (wooden) henge (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-10718522) at Stonehenge.
What I think is really interesting about this is that current thoughts about Neolithic monuments are all to do with stone being the domain of the ancestors and wood the domain of the living. It's thought that people would form processions between the two etc etc.
The fly in the ointment is that places like Avebury have associated wooden henges but Stonehenge (on it's own) appeared to be at odds with all this. Well, now they've found a wooden henge there as well.
(Mind you someone did suggest it might be the long lost visitors centre!;))
What I think is really interesting about this is that current thoughts about Neolithic monuments are all to do with stone being the domain of the ancestors and wood the domain of the living. It's thought that people would form processions between the two etc etc.
The fly in the ointment is that places like Avebury have associated wooden henges but Stonehenge (on it's own) appeared to be at odds with all this. Well, now they've found a wooden henge there as well.
(Mind you someone did suggest it might be the long lost visitors centre!;))
jimmy.mcarthur
Apr 14, 04:01 AM
G'day all,
Over the last month or 2 my Macbook of a little over 4 years old has been experiencing some problems and I want some opinions on whether it is time to move on to a new Model.
My laptop is used for university work which mostly consists of typing documents and so on. I do a fair bit of video editing and short film making (which is now not possible as it can't even handle iMovie, even with every other program closed) and I also use it for browsing the web, iTunes and every now and then a bit of Photoshoping as i also am a hobbie photographer.
Specs: Early 2007 Macbook running Snow Leopard
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
320GB HDD
1st issue: Screen Spasm
2 maybe 3 times a week I'll be in the middle of something and this screen will appear accompanied by a flickering noise and the only way of stopping is to hold and shutdown the computer. Any ideas??
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/jimmymac9588/IMG_0592.jpg
2nd Issue: Freeze
The computer will freeze just like any other would and if music is on at the time the sound sounds like when your CD's skip except it doesnt stop until you shutdown. This has been occuring once or twice a week for the last month or so.
3rd issue: Sound fuzzy
Every so often i'll be listning to music or watching YouTube and the sound will skip a few times then go all fuzzy and static, there is however a reasonably quick solution to this....pause whatever ur listning/watching, leave the computer for a minute and then resume, usually works.
My big question is what will it take to fix these issues and at what cost? Is it worth the expense or will i be needing to fork out money for a new computer soon down the track either way? If i can fix these problems will I be able to continue my video making/editing or is that something that will not be possible on this laptop from this point?
Would really appreciate some assistance/advise?
Thanks for reading!
Over the last month or 2 my Macbook of a little over 4 years old has been experiencing some problems and I want some opinions on whether it is time to move on to a new Model.
My laptop is used for university work which mostly consists of typing documents and so on. I do a fair bit of video editing and short film making (which is now not possible as it can't even handle iMovie, even with every other program closed) and I also use it for browsing the web, iTunes and every now and then a bit of Photoshoping as i also am a hobbie photographer.
Specs: Early 2007 Macbook running Snow Leopard
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
320GB HDD
1st issue: Screen Spasm
2 maybe 3 times a week I'll be in the middle of something and this screen will appear accompanied by a flickering noise and the only way of stopping is to hold and shutdown the computer. Any ideas??
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/jimmymac9588/IMG_0592.jpg
2nd Issue: Freeze
The computer will freeze just like any other would and if music is on at the time the sound sounds like when your CD's skip except it doesnt stop until you shutdown. This has been occuring once or twice a week for the last month or so.
3rd issue: Sound fuzzy
Every so often i'll be listning to music or watching YouTube and the sound will skip a few times then go all fuzzy and static, there is however a reasonably quick solution to this....pause whatever ur listning/watching, leave the computer for a minute and then resume, usually works.
My big question is what will it take to fix these issues and at what cost? Is it worth the expense or will i be needing to fork out money for a new computer soon down the track either way? If i can fix these problems will I be able to continue my video making/editing or is that something that will not be possible on this laptop from this point?
Would really appreciate some assistance/advise?
Thanks for reading!
anti-microsoft
Mar 3, 08:50 AM
Hi there,
Just wanted to make a suggestion on thread titles. I may be the only one, but I think that thread titles with repeated question marks (?????) are annoying and unnecessary. It only suggests unnecessary urgency and importance to the thread the poster has written. Therefore I think there should be a rule that states that threads with more than one repeated question mark in the title will be deleted until renamed.
Thanks,
Ams.
Just wanted to make a suggestion on thread titles. I may be the only one, but I think that thread titles with repeated question marks (?????) are annoying and unnecessary. It only suggests unnecessary urgency and importance to the thread the poster has written. Therefore I think there should be a rule that states that threads with more than one repeated question mark in the title will be deleted until renamed.
Thanks,
Ams.
more...
Reach9
Apr 10, 03:10 PM
You mean do I respond to overblown media hysteria and people who don't really understand how cell phones work? No, not really.
Sorry but the antennagate is very real.
I went to my local Apple store the other day, and picked up an iPhone 4 and bridged the gap with my left hand. The bars dropped from full to 1.
Now you might say, "who holds their iPhone like that?" well, sometimes i actually do, i hold my iPhone 3G like that sometimes.
I understand that a few phones do the same thing, if i hold my iPhone 3G is an awkward position i can get it to drop bars as well. But the iPhone 4's weak spot is a very common way of holding a phone, that's where they went wrong.
It's pretty clear the iPhone 4 didn't have the media attention, and i believe Apple is keeping the iPhone 5 in secrecy so that they come out with a bang.
Sorry but the antennagate is very real.
I went to my local Apple store the other day, and picked up an iPhone 4 and bridged the gap with my left hand. The bars dropped from full to 1.
Now you might say, "who holds their iPhone like that?" well, sometimes i actually do, i hold my iPhone 3G like that sometimes.
I understand that a few phones do the same thing, if i hold my iPhone 3G is an awkward position i can get it to drop bars as well. But the iPhone 4's weak spot is a very common way of holding a phone, that's where they went wrong.
It's pretty clear the iPhone 4 didn't have the media attention, and i believe Apple is keeping the iPhone 5 in secrecy so that they come out with a bang.
jbomber
Jul 9, 10:13 PM
LISTEN!!!
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY STUFF FROM THESE PEOPLE.
ebay's had a rash of fakers and people who've hacked other people's accounts.
i reported one to ebay because the guy had e-mailed me an offer from an account that i recognized. the next day ebay sent me a message saying that it was a fake like i thought. it's a big scam circle. don't get taken in.
i wish ebay was working harder to weed these people out. they screw it up for the whole auction community.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY STUFF FROM THESE PEOPLE.
ebay's had a rash of fakers and people who've hacked other people's accounts.
i reported one to ebay because the guy had e-mailed me an offer from an account that i recognized. the next day ebay sent me a message saying that it was a fake like i thought. it's a big scam circle. don't get taken in.
i wish ebay was working harder to weed these people out. they screw it up for the whole auction community.
more...
notjustjay
Mar 15, 10:39 AM
I've learned over time that zooming is really something you shouldn't do often. So many people think they can make amazing videos by zooming in and out all the time when really the zooming just hurts them.
It can be dramatic if done right, and sparingly, but it should not be overused. And always disable the "digital" zoom option on any camera. It's optical zoom, or nohing.
I'd recommend not using copyrighted music without the proper permissions.
Certainly for anything shared publicly (although YouTube seems to be changing the rules by allowing you to use certain tracks as long as they get to link to the artist credits and a "buy track" page on iTunes/Amazon). I'd say it should be OK for personal use and for learning how to edit against music.
It can be dramatic if done right, and sparingly, but it should not be overused. And always disable the "digital" zoom option on any camera. It's optical zoom, or nohing.
I'd recommend not using copyrighted music without the proper permissions.
Certainly for anything shared publicly (although YouTube seems to be changing the rules by allowing you to use certain tracks as long as they get to link to the artist credits and a "buy track" page on iTunes/Amazon). I'd say it should be OK for personal use and for learning how to edit against music.
BUK
Jan 10, 12:49 PM
I'm ovah heah now!
I think that the biggest hidded gem is the multi-finger touch sensitive screen. I've seen the technology demo'd at some technology preview forum, but not in a mainstream product. I think that this portends a paradigm shift for workstations in general.
I'm an artist by trade, have been digital since '84 but have missed the old drawing board since then. I want a touch sensitive screen with no lag in the form of a traditional drawing board, that I can use a stylus and my near atrophied left hand interactively. I want to move the "paper" and draw at the same time like in the real world. A nice 42" "DIGITABLE" with legs or a stand to keep it at a drawing angle woud do nicely. It could mimic any and all things, like audio mixing boards, film editing etc. Once I got the 24" iMac I could see how close we are. But, this multi-touch sensitive screen stuff just makes me drool. Maybe that what Jobs has up his sleeve.
That's what I'm talkin' about!
I think that the biggest hidded gem is the multi-finger touch sensitive screen. I've seen the technology demo'd at some technology preview forum, but not in a mainstream product. I think that this portends a paradigm shift for workstations in general.
I'm an artist by trade, have been digital since '84 but have missed the old drawing board since then. I want a touch sensitive screen with no lag in the form of a traditional drawing board, that I can use a stylus and my near atrophied left hand interactively. I want to move the "paper" and draw at the same time like in the real world. A nice 42" "DIGITABLE" with legs or a stand to keep it at a drawing angle woud do nicely. It could mimic any and all things, like audio mixing boards, film editing etc. Once I got the 24" iMac I could see how close we are. But, this multi-touch sensitive screen stuff just makes me drool. Maybe that what Jobs has up his sleeve.
That's what I'm talkin' about!
more...
zach
Apr 3, 03:22 PM
i think some linux distros can handle lack of video cards out of the box, and i KNOW you could configure one to.
Stella
Mar 24, 08:33 PM
Whats the different between these drivers and the latest and greatest that are available on the Canon website?
more...
dino26
May 3, 10:47 AM
This sounds like such a scam.
At first thats what i thought , though i think the OP is just trying to buy loads to sell in Israel but has realised he has got himself into a sticky situation once he realised its only 2 per customer.
To OP have you tried calling ALL best buys in Manhattan ?
At first thats what i thought , though i think the OP is just trying to buy loads to sell in Israel but has realised he has got himself into a sticky situation once he realised its only 2 per customer.
To OP have you tried calling ALL best buys in Manhattan ?
saguakid
Mar 11, 05:03 PM
At least 5.0.3 works (launched it from my SL partition).
Well I have 5.0.3 and works with many bugs like don't let add bookmarks and doesn't reopen last closed tabs completely
Well I have 5.0.3 and works with many bugs like don't let add bookmarks and doesn't reopen last closed tabs completely
more...
prplhaze
May 4, 11:17 PM
Hey Mvbalaj,
You're totally right! I did not even notice the correlation between WWF and the ads. It happens almost every time. I guess now that Zynga owns them they're spamming our backgrounds, as if the longer ads in the 'free' game weren't enough.
At least I know what it is now, and can kill it with SBSettings.
You're totally right! I did not even notice the correlation between WWF and the ads. It happens almost every time. I guess now that Zynga owns them they're spamming our backgrounds, as if the longer ads in the 'free' game weren't enough.
At least I know what it is now, and can kill it with SBSettings.
jsw
Jan 7, 10:12 AM
To be specific:
more...

Half Button Down Shirt

Ihakral Inc. Button Down Shirt
more...

Gingham Button Down Shirt

Refashion mens shirt

Eva Mendes Button Down Shirt
more...
anjaki
Aug 22, 11:34 AM
Is it animated?
maflynn
May 6, 08:52 AM
Was this supposed to be posted on facebook?
Have fun on your vaca ... LIKE! :p
Just a rant (or a whine) ;)
Have fun on your vaca ... LIKE! :p
Just a rant (or a whine) ;)
more...
CanadaRAM
Sep 27, 05:39 PM
How long is a piece of string?
The Mini with adequate RAM will run all of those programs and is good value for the money if you already have a good monitor.
Is it going to be fast enough for your particular working environment? We can't tell.
The Mini with adequate RAM will run all of those programs and is good value for the money if you already have a good monitor.
Is it going to be fast enough for your particular working environment? We can't tell.
jsw
Jan 7, 10:11 AM
Before you screw around with it too much, can you backup your stuff to an external drive or CD/DVD?
Just in case....
Also, I agree with emw - password protected folder is the way to go.
Just in case....
Also, I agree with emw - password protected folder is the way to go.
narco
Dec 19, 06:40 AM
I've always fell for the "hauntingly beautiful" line, and I think it definitely fits with her. I have the album before this one (which I believe is her debut?) and had no idea a new one came out -- I'll have to check it out.
Fishes,
narco.
Fishes,
narco.
celticpride678
Mar 11, 10:29 PM
Just a bug in Lion...nothing you can do about it until Apple fixes it in a future developer preview.
mnkeybsness
Jul 2, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Billicus
you can hide everything but the finder by option clicking the finder's icon in the dock.
clicking the finder icon will merely bring all finder windows to the front.
i prefer the expose way of showing the finder.
you can hide everything but the finder by option clicking the finder's icon in the dock.
clicking the finder icon will merely bring all finder windows to the front.
i prefer the expose way of showing the finder.
awmazz
May 16, 11:25 PM
Publicity really boosts these auctions. They're easy to miss if you're not paying attention the week the auction is on.
If you hadn't mentioned it maybe nobody would have noticed and you could have got it for the $100 reserve as the only bidder!
If you hadn't mentioned it maybe nobody would have noticed and you could have got it for the $100 reserve as the only bidder!
eastercat
Mar 22, 12:26 PM
Like I said before, I use tiny umbrella instead of editing my host files, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like.
Tried it with Greenpois0n and it failed so I tried it with Redsnow and it worked. It's tethered, but thats no big deal as I rarely ever turn it off. But now what do I do with the host file? I deleted what I added and now it looks like this. Is this correct?
Tried it with Greenpois0n and it failed so I tried it with Redsnow and it worked. It's tethered, but thats no big deal as I rarely ever turn it off. But now what do I do with the host file? I deleted what I added and now it looks like this. Is this correct?
aleni
May 6, 09:06 AM
one thing in lion that will not get used for me is the launchpad. damn on my 27" ACD it's so big. i remember all of my installed apps and prefer to use spotlight for easy way to launch them.
No comments:
Post a Comment