harpster
Apr 7, 02:30 PM
There's no difference between these two bits of code in "calling it directly". Both syntaxes are directly calling the function. Do you understand how return values work?
All l'm saying is it didn't work.
All l'm saying is it didn't work.
iSaint
Dec 16, 07:52 AM
Well, it can survive a hard fall of about 4 feet, I know that for sure. I own a G3 iBook without wireless (I'm broke) so I always have a 100 foot ethernet cord trailing behind me. Somehow, as I was walking from one room to another, I got tangled up in it, did a funny little twirly-dance, practically threw the iBook out of my way (if I would have landed on it there would surely be no chance of survival) and fell to the ground face first (ouch). The iBook landed hard on its left side. It was powered on, as a matter of fact I was browsing this forum. The sound it made on contact was horrible to say the least. But I'll be damned...so far not a thing wrong with it! When I say it took a hard hit I mean it REALLY took a hard hit. When I picked it up off the floor I wasn't breathing...it felt like my heart had stopped. The screen was black, all was quiet...for about 3 seconds. All of a sudden the screen lit up and it was right where I left it. I just had to reconnect to the internet and I was rolling again. Just wanted to share that with everyone, for I am blown away that the thing isn't dead. If a moose like me can't kill this iBook it is one hardy machine;)
Maybe it's time to get that wireless card (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=167333)!
Maybe it's time to get that wireless card (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=167333)!
GGJstudios
Apr 11, 08:36 PM
Ok, so lets say I go with 3rd party memory. If I have an unrelated problem with the MBP, would I need to put the original memory back in before taking it in for service?
I'm new to the whole Mac thing. Thanks.
First, it's ALL 3rd party RAM, since Apple doesn't make RAM. They put other manufacturer's RAM in their computers. Second, upgrading the RAM or hard drive yourself is not a violation of warranty, so there's no need to put the original RAM back before service. Hang onto the original RAM, in case you have a problem with the RAM you buy.
... Apple cannot give me crap for using third party ram.
They wouldn't, anyway. See above.
Apple Warranty: Installing Memory, Expansion Cards, User Installable Parts Does Not Void Warranty (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=13946)
From 2011 MacBook Pro User Guide (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/MacBook_Pro_15inch_Early2011.pdf):
Your MacBook Pro does not have any user-serviceable parts, except the hard drive and the memory.
I'm new to the whole Mac thing. Thanks.
First, it's ALL 3rd party RAM, since Apple doesn't make RAM. They put other manufacturer's RAM in their computers. Second, upgrading the RAM or hard drive yourself is not a violation of warranty, so there's no need to put the original RAM back before service. Hang onto the original RAM, in case you have a problem with the RAM you buy.
... Apple cannot give me crap for using third party ram.
They wouldn't, anyway. See above.
Apple Warranty: Installing Memory, Expansion Cards, User Installable Parts Does Not Void Warranty (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=13946)
From 2011 MacBook Pro User Guide (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/MacBook_Pro_15inch_Early2011.pdf):
Your MacBook Pro does not have any user-serviceable parts, except the hard drive and the memory.
Orme
May 4, 10:00 AM
I would wait until there is a tear down by ifixit to confirm or refute that. In the past you had to buy brackets and other cables i believe to do this yourself. Its a pain and you may want to wait for TB external SSD drives which would be faster and less of a pain than opening up your iMac
External 1TB SSD would be heaven, considering it won't be inconveniently stuck in your iMac for the price you pay and you can use it on whatever.. but I heard that won't happen any time soon?
In regards to the OP.. from what I've heard from an Apple professional over the phone, is that I can update my 1TB to 2TB or an SSD in a few years if I want to via a technician.. so yes, these ones are possibly upgradeable if the previous weren't?
I just couldn't believe that this guy from Apple was trying his best to convince me NOT TO spend an extra �450 on the SSD option, very friendly and helpful; was talking me out of it for a good 20 minutes. Which says something. Seems pretty genuine to me.
External 1TB SSD would be heaven, considering it won't be inconveniently stuck in your iMac for the price you pay and you can use it on whatever.. but I heard that won't happen any time soon?
In regards to the OP.. from what I've heard from an Apple professional over the phone, is that I can update my 1TB to 2TB or an SSD in a few years if I want to via a technician.. so yes, these ones are possibly upgradeable if the previous weren't?
I just couldn't believe that this guy from Apple was trying his best to convince me NOT TO spend an extra �450 on the SSD option, very friendly and helpful; was talking me out of it for a good 20 minutes. Which says something. Seems pretty genuine to me.
more...
MacRumors
Jul 23, 11:56 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/23/apple-releases-second-developer-preview-of-xcode-4/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/07/23/124928-xcode_4_dev_2.jpg

Coco Rocha
more...

Coco Rocha.

Coco Rocha
more...

The Hair Can Save

Coco Rocha (born Mikhaila
more...

Coco Rocha was scouted at 14

ever since coco died her hair
more...

Zac Posen amp; Coco Rocha

lily cole red hair
more...

Actress, Long Red Hair

coco rocha wedding dress zac
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/07/23/124928-xcode_4_dev_2.jpg
840quadra
Jan 4, 12:35 AM
I am (was) working on a new guide for the "Macrumors" section,
http://guides.macrumors.com/Reply_with_multiple_quotes
when it was moved to the "Ugly Guides" section without warning, or without any feedback (HexMonkey).
When you do something like this on a guide someone has lots of time involved in, please be proactive and explain why, and offer an explanation on what needs to be fixed.
Thanks!
840quadra
http://guides.macrumors.com/Reply_with_multiple_quotes
when it was moved to the "Ugly Guides" section without warning, or without any feedback (HexMonkey).
When you do something like this on a guide someone has lots of time involved in, please be proactive and explain why, and offer an explanation on what needs to be fixed.
Thanks!
840quadra
more...

Flying Llama
Nov 2, 10:13 AM
Obviously it's faster, but has anyone actually checked how much faster? I'd like to switch my main box to the console app but I don't want to lose all the work I've done on this WU.. Is there a way to do that, or should I just bite the bullet and lose the current WU?
I'm guessing you're talking about folding@home...
Yes, the non-GUI version is muc, much faster. Wait until you finish this WU, then switch. Simple as that.
llama :)
I'm guessing you're talking about folding@home...
Yes, the non-GUI version is muc, much faster. Wait until you finish this WU, then switch. Simple as that.
llama :)
Clix Pix
Dec 19, 01:56 PM
Seemed like a good idea at the time... I guess I made it too literally (you are the apple in my eyes)
Maybe you could make her pupils small apples?
OTB
Maybe you could make her pupils small apples?
OTB
more...
SeaFox
Nov 6, 02:14 PM
Is there a limit on how many submissions one can do in a given time period?
Last night I submitted five different Ween tracks in a row. The first showed up, but the next one (by me) that posted was a Local H track I put in after the Ween.
Last night I submitted five different Ween tracks in a row. The first showed up, but the next one (by me) that posted was a Local H track I put in after the Ween.
plinden
May 3, 05:37 PM
Have you been jailbreaking an iOS device? (edit: need to remember to refresh page before submitting...)
more...
hob
Oct 16, 06:57 PM
OK, hello all!
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
zeemeerman2
Mar 11, 11:11 AM
Just curious.
- Internal HDD/SSD. By overwriting my previous OS (can be clean install or upgrade). (e.g. Snow Leopard)
- Internal HDD/SSD. By making a new partition and installing it there.
- External HDD/SSD. Erased HDD and just installed it.
- External HDD/SSD. Repartitioned to not lose any data and installed on a new partition.
- USB-stick/SD-card.
- Internal HDD/SSD. By overwriting my previous OS (can be clean install or upgrade). (e.g. Snow Leopard)
- Internal HDD/SSD. By making a new partition and installing it there.
- External HDD/SSD. Erased HDD and just installed it.
- External HDD/SSD. Repartitioned to not lose any data and installed on a new partition.
- USB-stick/SD-card.
more...

ForumApple
Oct 17, 02:28 AM
duhhhhh...
the~~fireware~~~of~~my~~~cube~~is~~~up~~~to~~date~
MAN.... any other solutions?
thanks!
the~~fireware~~~of~~my~~~cube~~is~~~up~~~to~~date~
MAN.... any other solutions?
thanks!
Tallest Skil
Jun 5, 12:59 PM
Oh, dear. It's Monday. It's WWDC. We don't know. There won't be an iPod touch.
more...
theSeb
Apr 28, 06:38 AM
The iMac is getting ready to be refreshed. Should be sandy bridge processors. The mini will follow, since it uses the same parts, not long after the iMac. Your decision will depend on what your going to use it for.
The mini does not use the same parts as the iMac to be pedantic. The mini uses MBP parts. The iMac uses desktop parts.
The mini does not use the same parts as the iMac to be pedantic. The mini uses MBP parts. The iMac uses desktop parts.
Platform
Feb 5, 04:47 AM
I just had to post to tell everyone how much I love this thing. How can anyone live with a one button mouse?
I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.
And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.
And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?
more...

Coco Rocha. Ph: Hasse Nielsen.

and Coco Rocha attended

coco rocha fat.
I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.
And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.
And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?
more...
XaPHER
Oct 26, 12:13 PM
Aww! i want them!:eek:
Nermal
Dec 30, 11:18 PM
Blizzard. World of Warcraft :D (yeah, it's not really an app, but I've used it for several hours a day, every day since I got it)
Love
Dec 24, 06:15 PM
My Mac Pro. Ohhh, baby.
Oh, and food. And water.
Oh, and food. And water.
ActionableMango
Apr 27, 11:04 AM
Just to help others in the future, which exact two models do you have? Many people from time to time ask this question so it will be nice to know once and for all a BD burner that has no problems in a Mac Pro.
christophermdia
Apr 25, 08:38 PM
i decided to go ahead and buy a current edition MBA....I think the only thing that I want in a new release would be thunderbolt as that could be amazingly useful especially since laptops nowadays don't have express card slots anymore except the 17"....
Todays model is a great value especially refurbished and will last years for its purpose...
Todays model is a great value especially refurbished and will last years for its purpose...
Merlyn3D
Oct 23, 07:34 PM
I'll be the guy with the HDV camera near the front of the line. :)
My buddy and I are gonna try to duck out of work early to be there.....I figure that's the place to be....that's Apple's bread-and-butter store.
My buddy and I are gonna try to duck out of work early to be there.....I figure that's the place to be....that's Apple's bread-and-butter store.
tjcampbell
Apr 4, 04:42 AM
I had a train ride from London to Aberystwyth (long!!!!) and I played "Syphon Filter" the entire way. It's an awesome game and likely my favorite so far on the PSP. I've also had a blast with Lumines, but it can be a bit stressful! Someone on here mentioned the DS. In ALL honesty. The DS Lite is a better machine than the PSP. You should fold her up and dip it in your pocket. Unlike the PSP which you always have to be careful with and wait for it to load. The only reason I still use the PSP is because of the video feature. I have PSPware and often put family guy episodes and such on it. But in the games department I find myself playing my girlfriend's DS Lite more than anything. I played Mario on the plane the other day for 4 hours. Either way, you'll have fun.
PSP - Syphon Filter
DS - New Super Mario Bros
PSP - Syphon Filter
DS - New Super Mario Bros
sushi
Jul 7, 10:18 PM
You either loved or hated the puck. If it was clean, it felt great to use. I still have them and use one on the blueberry iMac I have in the garage. I personally liked it a lot.
Same here.
Liked the puck mouse. :)
Same here.
Liked the puck mouse. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment