WillMak
Mar 20, 03:03 AM
I modded mine just recently with the Wiinja chip, and it was worth every penny (even if it was a gift). :)
I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Isn't that the mod that lets you play downloaded roms off the internet?
I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Isn't that the mod that lets you play downloaded roms off the internet?
Intell
Jan 28, 09:53 PM
You sure about that? It worked fine for me when going from 4.2.1 to 4.1 on my touch 4g. I did get the error message you speak of but after editing the hosts file I no longer got that error and it went right along with the restore.
He's very sure, as am I. When you edited the hosts file, you pointed iTunes to the Cydia SHSH cache server where your 4.1 blobs are stored. There is no way to downgrade a iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, or an iPod Touch 4G without these blobs. You can downgrade an iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G and 8Gb 3G using this method. Because they use "soft" SHSH blobs which can be overridden.
He's very sure, as am I. When you edited the hosts file, you pointed iTunes to the Cydia SHSH cache server where your 4.1 blobs are stored. There is no way to downgrade a iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, or an iPod Touch 4G without these blobs. You can downgrade an iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G and 8Gb 3G using this method. Because they use "soft" SHSH blobs which can be overridden.
alust2013
May 4, 01:20 PM
How much do you think the Lion update would cost?
My guess is around $100, so it may be worth waiting for a little while. At this point, I personally won't be upgrading for a while, as I'm not a huge fan of what I have seen so far out of Lion.
My guess is around $100, so it may be worth waiting for a little while. At this point, I personally won't be upgrading for a while, as I'm not a huge fan of what I have seen so far out of Lion.
Dmac77
Dec 28, 09:59 PM
/RANT/
So my 2007 Xbox 360 decided to konk out on me today. It turns on and it makes the booting noise, but alas I just have a black screen (yes I've check cables). Fine, ***** happens. So I go to Best Buy to pick up the 4gb 360 slim. Low and behold they don't have it, all they have is the stupid 4gb Kinect bundles or the 250gb holiday bundle. They have stacks upon stacks of these goddamn bundles, but no stand-alone 4gb systems. Next stop, Target. Same story there, Kinect and holiday bundles galore, but no stand-alone systems. Next stop Wal-Mart, same story. Next Stop Meijer, same stupid story. Finally I go to Gamestop, and guess what only Kinect and Holiday bundles.
To say that I am pissed right now is a major understatement. Why do they have to stock all of these stupid *********g bundles? No one wants the damn things. Why can't they just stock more stand-alone systems? Maybe it's not the fault of the stores, maybe this is Microsoft's falut, because they won't make enough stand-alone systems. If that is the case, why do they have to be so stupid????
/END RANT/
Basically what is with this bundle crap? What happened to buying this separately?
-Don
So my 2007 Xbox 360 decided to konk out on me today. It turns on and it makes the booting noise, but alas I just have a black screen (yes I've check cables). Fine, ***** happens. So I go to Best Buy to pick up the 4gb 360 slim. Low and behold they don't have it, all they have is the stupid 4gb Kinect bundles or the 250gb holiday bundle. They have stacks upon stacks of these goddamn bundles, but no stand-alone 4gb systems. Next stop, Target. Same story there, Kinect and holiday bundles galore, but no stand-alone systems. Next stop Wal-Mart, same story. Next Stop Meijer, same stupid story. Finally I go to Gamestop, and guess what only Kinect and Holiday bundles.
To say that I am pissed right now is a major understatement. Why do they have to stock all of these stupid *********g bundles? No one wants the damn things. Why can't they just stock more stand-alone systems? Maybe it's not the fault of the stores, maybe this is Microsoft's falut, because they won't make enough stand-alone systems. If that is the case, why do they have to be so stupid????
/END RANT/
Basically what is with this bundle crap? What happened to buying this separately?
-Don
more...
SkippyThorson
May 4, 11:32 AM
Since I got it so cheap, I want to upgrade the hell out of it and use it as my primary machine (age of it be damned). I want to expand the RAM fully to 16 GB, put a fast 2 GB HDD in, and get the best possible Video card available.
Good for you! Glad to hear another PPC admirer is willing to keep his Mac going even when the nay-sayers shoot your idea down. My 1.25ghz iMac G4 is my primary desktop at home, and my 800mhz one is my primary office desktop. I have to say, 9 out of 10 people that come in compliment my iMac. :) Your Powermac would likely receive equal compliments from me.
2. What is everyone's opinion to the possibility that after I get this thing where I want it, Apple will drop support for Leopard and I will no longer be able to sync my iPhone, iPad, or iPods to it. I of course, Plan to keep my Intel Macs running on the other end of the room (along with my "necessary" PC) but since I sit in THIS chair in my office most of the time, it would be nice to do everything from right here...
I can't answer your first question, but I have to say that this will likely come sooner than later. Within the next 2 years, I'd guess. Apple has a tendency to focus on 2 Operating Systems at a time - the current, and the most recent. Tiger is just about dead to them after a very long and happy life - longer than any Mac OS before it I'd say.
Since Leopard is the last string that ties PPC users have to the most recent Apple tech they can get their hands on, I'd say Apple would support it longer than Tiger, but not much longer than they already have. The iPhone 4 and iPad 2 both support 10.5.8, which surprised me - to my pleasure - and I'd guess the next round of iPods, the iPhone 5, and the iPad 3 would support 10.5, but my guess is that'll be it.
My iPhone 4 happily syncs with my iMac at home, and it's entirely convenient that my old desktop is my media hub, keeping stuff off my laptops, but the convenience won't be a measure when 10.5 doesn't support my iPhone. I'll always have an iPhone, and I'll keep my iMac G4 going as long as I can. When they drop support for 10.5, worst case, I'll have to migrate all my media to my MacBook - even though everything in one place (even backed up) isn't my ideal safety scenario.
Hope my thoughts help! Sorry for my long-winded post, as usual.
Good for you! Glad to hear another PPC admirer is willing to keep his Mac going even when the nay-sayers shoot your idea down. My 1.25ghz iMac G4 is my primary desktop at home, and my 800mhz one is my primary office desktop. I have to say, 9 out of 10 people that come in compliment my iMac. :) Your Powermac would likely receive equal compliments from me.
2. What is everyone's opinion to the possibility that after I get this thing where I want it, Apple will drop support for Leopard and I will no longer be able to sync my iPhone, iPad, or iPods to it. I of course, Plan to keep my Intel Macs running on the other end of the room (along with my "necessary" PC) but since I sit in THIS chair in my office most of the time, it would be nice to do everything from right here...
I can't answer your first question, but I have to say that this will likely come sooner than later. Within the next 2 years, I'd guess. Apple has a tendency to focus on 2 Operating Systems at a time - the current, and the most recent. Tiger is just about dead to them after a very long and happy life - longer than any Mac OS before it I'd say.
Since Leopard is the last string that ties PPC users have to the most recent Apple tech they can get their hands on, I'd say Apple would support it longer than Tiger, but not much longer than they already have. The iPhone 4 and iPad 2 both support 10.5.8, which surprised me - to my pleasure - and I'd guess the next round of iPods, the iPhone 5, and the iPad 3 would support 10.5, but my guess is that'll be it.
My iPhone 4 happily syncs with my iMac at home, and it's entirely convenient that my old desktop is my media hub, keeping stuff off my laptops, but the convenience won't be a measure when 10.5 doesn't support my iPhone. I'll always have an iPhone, and I'll keep my iMac G4 going as long as I can. When they drop support for 10.5, worst case, I'll have to migrate all my media to my MacBook - even though everything in one place (even backed up) isn't my ideal safety scenario.
Hope my thoughts help! Sorry for my long-winded post, as usual.
gotohamish
Jul 14, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
Is it impossible for someone to make a card that would replace the 'b' card in there currently with a 'g' card? Like is the connection to slow to make it worth doing? And what about combining that with a bluetooth connection too? I'd love to be able to put those in my laptop, and still have the pcmcia card slot still available for photo transfers.
That's an interesting thought. It appears to me that the Airport Card is a regular PCMCIA card, but without the head which in third-party cards has the aerial in. Hence the need to plug the aerial in to it when installed IN a Mac.
So couldn't you buy a regualr PCMCIA 'g' card, take the had off it and install it in the Airport slot?
To try and answer my own question - In theory yes, but I'm sure if it was that simple Apple would have done it. On the other hand, it does make it more of a perk to upgrading your Mac, which is ultimately what Apple want.
Is it impossible for someone to make a card that would replace the 'b' card in there currently with a 'g' card? Like is the connection to slow to make it worth doing? And what about combining that with a bluetooth connection too? I'd love to be able to put those in my laptop, and still have the pcmcia card slot still available for photo transfers.
That's an interesting thought. It appears to me that the Airport Card is a regular PCMCIA card, but without the head which in third-party cards has the aerial in. Hence the need to plug the aerial in to it when installed IN a Mac.
So couldn't you buy a regualr PCMCIA 'g' card, take the had off it and install it in the Airport slot?
To try and answer my own question - In theory yes, but I'm sure if it was that simple Apple would have done it. On the other hand, it does make it more of a perk to upgrading your Mac, which is ultimately what Apple want.
more...
chipchen
Jan 8, 03:01 AM
So when are most people lining up for keynote? Maybe we should have another poll for that. My hotel is about 5 blocks away, I guess I'll be walking? or are there decent parking garages open early? (yes, I'm from LA, we drive anything more than 0.5 blocks)
Anyone willing to take shifts in line? Is the line outdoors or indoors? 10 day weather forecast from weather.com says no rain.
Anyone willing to take shifts in line? Is the line outdoors or indoors? 10 day weather forecast from weather.com says no rain.
skiltrip
Aug 18, 01:43 PM
I got a Griffin "Elan Passport Metal" case from Best Buy with a cover flap. $23 or so. Doesn't look half bad. Should do the job.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-passport-metal
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-passport-metal
more...
d4nn0
Dec 16, 02:44 AM
Hey guys
Got a bit of an interesting occurance with my Powerbook G4 12" 1.33. Quite a while ago I dropped my bag with it inside, causing the corner of the frame to bend a bit and make it difficult to plug the power in, and make it stay. Finally, I decided to open it up and try to bend the frame back with the help of pbfixit. To my shock and horror, as I was unscrewing the keyboard from the underneith, I'm pretty sure I shocked the logic board where there it pokes through beside the RAM expansion slot :eek: I nervously put it all back together, and to my delight, it worked. Or did it?
My first KP occured while running tiger. I was unplugging the power, and as it changed power saving modes it crashed. I thought "oh well Ill just have to deal with this", but it turned out to not be such a regular occurance. KP's started happening with more frequency, in random places. Power plugged in or battery, many apps open or just a few. Highly frustrating. Unfortunately at this point I hadn't read about the log file so I didn't actually look at what the error messages were...
In desperation earlier today, I installed panther to see if that might somehow work. To my dismay, about 30 minutes after installing it I received another KP while just idling. At this point I started searching the forum, and figured out how to get the logs. Here is the one from that time:
Thu Dec 15 15:11:51 2005
panic(cpu 0): Uncorrectable machine check: pc = 0000000022715B38, msr = 0000000000149030, dsisr = 40000000, dar = 00000000173CA004

Justin Bieber amp; Cody Simpson
more...

Cody Simpson

simpson hair Hair and want
more...

Cody Simpson, Bella Thorne,

Cody has already released a
more...

im Nora. i have brown hair

LISTEN: CODY SIMPSON INTERVIEW
more...

celebrating Cody Simpson#39;s

Cody Simpson Fanclub

14: Singer Cody Simpson
Got a bit of an interesting occurance with my Powerbook G4 12" 1.33. Quite a while ago I dropped my bag with it inside, causing the corner of the frame to bend a bit and make it difficult to plug the power in, and make it stay. Finally, I decided to open it up and try to bend the frame back with the help of pbfixit. To my shock and horror, as I was unscrewing the keyboard from the underneith, I'm pretty sure I shocked the logic board where there it pokes through beside the RAM expansion slot :eek: I nervously put it all back together, and to my delight, it worked. Or did it?
My first KP occured while running tiger. I was unplugging the power, and as it changed power saving modes it crashed. I thought "oh well Ill just have to deal with this", but it turned out to not be such a regular occurance. KP's started happening with more frequency, in random places. Power plugged in or battery, many apps open or just a few. Highly frustrating. Unfortunately at this point I hadn't read about the log file so I didn't actually look at what the error messages were...
In desperation earlier today, I installed panther to see if that might somehow work. To my dismay, about 30 minutes after installing it I received another KP while just idling. At this point I started searching the forum, and figured out how to get the logs. Here is the one from that time:
Thu Dec 15 15:11:51 2005
panic(cpu 0): Uncorrectable machine check: pc = 0000000022715B38, msr = 0000000000149030, dsisr = 40000000, dar = 00000000173CA004
dazzer21
Nov 25, 10:06 AM
I'm not a web developer by trade so I can't begin to comment on the methods being used; I took the decision to do it this way (with my limited knowledge!) as it seemed the simplest option, as I would have otherwise used Flash - which I didn't do for obvious reasons...
If I'd have created the page as a single image (say at 900x800px), with an all over blue background and a full colour image (for argument's sake, let's say a it's of a car) sitting in the middle third of it, the background colour would be consistent across the whole page;
if I split the image into thirds (300px across apiece), so that the outer two images are plain blue, with the middle image containing the car on the same colour background, that blue is a different hue in the middle panel compared to the two outers.
Is this because of some sort of optimisation process, where the number of colours on that image is being cut back somehow? I'm using 'Save for web and devices' and I've tried 'convert to sRGB' and 'Use Document Color Profile' but it doesn't seem to make a difference. all the relevant RGB/CMYK/LAB/Hex colours are all consistent... this is driving me nuts.
I'd post the page in question, but it's sensitive material so I can't...
If I'd have created the page as a single image (say at 900x800px), with an all over blue background and a full colour image (for argument's sake, let's say a it's of a car) sitting in the middle third of it, the background colour would be consistent across the whole page;
if I split the image into thirds (300px across apiece), so that the outer two images are plain blue, with the middle image containing the car on the same colour background, that blue is a different hue in the middle panel compared to the two outers.
Is this because of some sort of optimisation process, where the number of colours on that image is being cut back somehow? I'm using 'Save for web and devices' and I've tried 'convert to sRGB' and 'Use Document Color Profile' but it doesn't seem to make a difference. all the relevant RGB/CMYK/LAB/Hex colours are all consistent... this is driving me nuts.
I'd post the page in question, but it's sensitive material so I can't...
more...
ECUpirate44
Mar 21, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, sorry if this question is asked often.
I have an iPod Touch 4G that I had jailbroken on 4.2.1, but I messed with some system files that I shouldn't have messed with and I had to restore and update to 4.3. Is there anyway I can downgrade to 4.2.1 so I can jailbreak again?
I have an iPod Touch 4G that I had jailbroken on 4.2.1, but I messed with some system files that I shouldn't have messed with and I had to restore and update to 4.3. Is there anyway I can downgrade to 4.2.1 so I can jailbreak again?

Hexley
May 5, 01:08 AM
I see a lot of posts saying they'll wait for OS X Lion to come preloaded in the 2011 iMac before buying.
If you are doing this are you willing to wait another 4 months for this to happen?
Apple (and other companies) have been known to stretch out release dates to the end of a season or quarter. September 5 being seen as the end of Summer in the US leads me to believe Lion will be released around that time.
The time frame is based on conjecture of a worst case scenario.
If you are doing this are you willing to wait another 4 months for this to happen?
Apple (and other companies) have been known to stretch out release dates to the end of a season or quarter. September 5 being seen as the end of Summer in the US leads me to believe Lion will be released around that time.
The time frame is based on conjecture of a worst case scenario.
more...
jamper
May 4, 03:17 PM
I feel some vibration on the table where my imac is.
When i lift the imac, the vibration disapears. also the huummmm sound disapears.
I think it isn't a normal behavior. If you can easily change for another imac, go for it.
I didn't change mine because this was the 3rd imac, due yellow tint
When i lift the imac, the vibration disapears. also the huummmm sound disapears.
I think it isn't a normal behavior. If you can easily change for another imac, go for it.
I didn't change mine because this was the 3rd imac, due yellow tint
mad jew
Dec 22, 10:23 PM
I think it only charges when the iBook is running from the mains power, not the battery, but I could be wrong. :o
more...
bafonso
Apr 30, 03:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)
TetherMe
AppSync
Can you share internet with itether using a ipad 3g on 4.3.2? I'd like to use my 3g on my computer in coffee shops...
TetherMe
AppSync
Can you share internet with itether using a ipad 3g on 4.3.2? I'd like to use my 3g on my computer in coffee shops...
touchdownjesus4
May 6, 07:04 AM
TouchDown, do those utilities such as Data Rescue 3 and Disk Warrior actually work? thanks for the help :)
Yes, I recently had an issue where I deleted a partition off my hard drive and was able to get everything back off of it even though it was labeled as "free space." I would highly recommend Data Rescue 3. It might even be able to repair your drive even though disk utility couldn't.
Yes, I recently had an issue where I deleted a partition off my hard drive and was able to get everything back off of it even though it was labeled as "free space." I would highly recommend Data Rescue 3. It might even be able to repair your drive even though disk utility couldn't.
more...
yellow
Dec 19, 01:32 PM
Hmmm I bet my wife will like this lady. Thanks for the Stocking Stuffer. :)
JSage
Mar 17, 04:17 AM
I was going to get the first tube to Covent garden which gets in at 5:44. The bus is always an option though...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
BlackViper
Apr 24, 04:16 PM
If you use a stereo audio minijack to RCA then there will be separate volume controls on your Mac and TV, try turning volume up on both devices. With TOSlink there will not be a volume control on the Mac, you will have to adjust from the TV. Is there a stereo/AV system involved or are you using the speakers installed in the TV itself? Double check that you aren't mixing up the in/out ports and that the HDMI port you are using is associated with an audio input, some devices assume HDMI will carry the audio and you may need to use a specific HDMI port acocciated with the audio in jack.
bluap84
Feb 25, 02:16 AM
Cheers Mike - looks like this will be my next geek purchase.
is it easy to download t*rr*nts with the interface?
you know of any good NAS online tutorials / videos?
i know where to come if i get stuck with anything ;)
is it easy to download t*rr*nts with the interface?
you know of any good NAS online tutorials / videos?
i know where to come if i get stuck with anything ;)
Curse
Apr 28, 07:50 PM
I followed instructions that I came across on the internet to reinstall mac os x as I just got an iMac second hand.
Was not given the option to 'Erase and install' and instead followed through the install and now things are not working properly.
I noted down that it was OS X 10.1.5 now it is OS X 10.1.2.
When I start up it only shows the display and the time in the top right corner. Will not display dock or finder.
Please help! What can I do to fix this?
Was not given the option to 'Erase and install' and instead followed through the install and now things are not working properly.
I noted down that it was OS X 10.1.5 now it is OS X 10.1.2.
When I start up it only shows the display and the time in the top right corner. Will not display dock or finder.
Please help! What can I do to fix this?
bballmitch2
Jul 23, 03:05 PM
They'll just use fix-it and ship it next week :)
XCode 3 is way old. It was released with Leopard. Since then, we've only really had minor revisions (3.1, 3.2) and very infrequent intervals (3.2 released with snow leopard). I would expect Apple have been working on this for a very long time already.
Many of those features (e.g. the static analyser, which came with 3.2) could very well have been the result of development done for XCode 4.
Since the product was announced which such fanfare at WWDC, I would imagine a release would happen in the next few months. Possibly with the iPad's OS4 update (predicted to be around late August/September).
EDIT: In case anybody was worried, XCode 4 by default installs in to its own folder (/Xcode4) and can co-exist with 3.X. It can open 3.X projects and does not "upgrade" them or make them incompatible with earlier versions.
This is true, but Apple has also said NOT to use Xcode 4 if you are working on a project you wish to submit to the app store.
XCode 3 is way old. It was released with Leopard. Since then, we've only really had minor revisions (3.1, 3.2) and very infrequent intervals (3.2 released with snow leopard). I would expect Apple have been working on this for a very long time already.
Many of those features (e.g. the static analyser, which came with 3.2) could very well have been the result of development done for XCode 4.
Since the product was announced which such fanfare at WWDC, I would imagine a release would happen in the next few months. Possibly with the iPad's OS4 update (predicted to be around late August/September).
EDIT: In case anybody was worried, XCode 4 by default installs in to its own folder (/Xcode4) and can co-exist with 3.X. It can open 3.X projects and does not "upgrade" them or make them incompatible with earlier versions.
This is true, but Apple has also said NOT to use Xcode 4 if you are working on a project you wish to submit to the app store.
macmike47
Jan 15, 07:38 AM
5pm :cool:
chamisool
May 4, 04:08 PM
I was in the same boat, but I ended up buying a sleeve instead. I would think hard cases are beneficial if you travel a lot. I personally really like the Be.ez La Robe sleeve. The zippers are completely covered from scratching the MBP.
I am considering buying Be.ez Le Reporter messenger bag as well, but I can't seem to find any reviews.
http://www.be-ez.com/tl_files/products/Bags/LEreporter/slideshow/01-LEreporter15.jpg
I am considering buying Be.ez Le Reporter messenger bag as well, but I can't seem to find any reviews.
http://www.be-ez.com/tl_files/products/Bags/LEreporter/slideshow/01-LEreporter15.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment