Asian
12-07 09:26 AM
Hi,
I am EB-3 ROW, PD in Nov.03, I-140 approved. I am planning on changing my current employer (non profit) to for-profit company.
I am in my H-1 B fifth year. I renewed once on my third year. By the time I change my job to the new employer, I will have about one year left in my current H-1B.
If I change the employer, will I be subject to H-1 B visa quota restriction?
I have stayed with my current employer (University) for five years just for the hope of green card. But I think this is time to move on. Staying in my current job is so detrimental to my career.
However, if the new company that may hire me, cannot find any H-1 B visa quota left for me, I will be in trouble if it is the case.
I would appreciate your advice very much.
Thank you always.
I am EB-3 ROW, PD in Nov.03, I-140 approved. I am planning on changing my current employer (non profit) to for-profit company.
I am in my H-1 B fifth year. I renewed once on my third year. By the time I change my job to the new employer, I will have about one year left in my current H-1B.
If I change the employer, will I be subject to H-1 B visa quota restriction?
I have stayed with my current employer (University) for five years just for the hope of green card. But I think this is time to move on. Staying in my current job is so detrimental to my career.
However, if the new company that may hire me, cannot find any H-1 B visa quota left for me, I will be in trouble if it is the case.
I would appreciate your advice very much.
Thank you always.
wallpaper house 2011 david beckham 2011
like_watching_paint_dry
02-27 01:51 PM
I don't have any examples of a NOIR based on EB green card holder changing jobs too soon after 485 approval. I however have seen counter examples where a person changed jobs within a month of 485 approval and never had any problems at N-400 as long as they have maintained a good employment history, paid taxes, not committed any crime etc.
This is not to say that you or I or some other Joe wont have any issues, but is a hopeful indicator. It is however best to play it safe unless there's a pretty darn good reason to take up a job change soon after 485 approval.
This is not to say that you or I or some other Joe wont have any issues, but is a hopeful indicator. It is however best to play it safe unless there's a pretty darn good reason to take up a job change soon after 485 approval.
masterji
09-23 03:59 PM
I applied for my second AP on 08/11/2009, was approved on 09/03/2009, was received at the attorney's office on 09/10/2009. Service center NSC.
No FP was done. FWIW my last FP was in Jan 09.
Thanks for the info
No FP was done. FWIW my last FP was in Jan 09.
Thanks for the info
2011 david beckham 2011 galaxy.

sr77
09-26 11:45 AM
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
more...
ronhira
10-20 12:44 PM
Not understanding why can't any Democratic Pro-immigrant Senator reply to these kind of ignorant blaberrings and order USCIS to act as per LAW? How this grassley gets USCIS internal draft memo! need to inverstigate.
there is no need for pro-immigrant senator to respond becoz as soon as they respond..... it will increase the visibility and importance of grassley..... many a times in politics, the purpose of putting out provocative statement is to provoke a response..... to that effect, no response is the best response.... it is better for california director to respond & fight with a sitting senator, which de-values grassley's perceived seniority.....
there is no need for pro-immigrant senator to respond becoz as soon as they respond..... it will increase the visibility and importance of grassley..... many a times in politics, the purpose of putting out provocative statement is to provoke a response..... to that effect, no response is the best response.... it is better for california director to respond & fight with a sitting senator, which de-values grassley's perceived seniority.....
GCWarrior
04-16 02:25 PM
Hi Gurus,
I am on 9th year H1B extension.I filed I140/485 concurrently in June 2007 and on April 11th I got the denial email for I140.
No RFE/NOID received.
Here is my case.
PD May 2003, EB2, own labor. During Dec 06, the labor was converted from NON RIR to RIR and amended to accept BS+5 OR MS+3 to reflect the current state.
I-140/485/EAD/AP applied in June 2007, NSC and received EAD/AP and used AP recently. My H1B valid till Feb 2009.
After 5 stressful days finally today, we got the denial notice and it looks like USCIS assumed my Labor under EB3 classification and rejected my I140 where as the labor certificate is approved under EB2 classification. our attorney believes that its the result of an overlook by IO at the amedments made to the original labor.
Please let me know what options I have.
Thanks
GCWarrior
I am on 9th year H1B extension.I filed I140/485 concurrently in June 2007 and on April 11th I got the denial email for I140.
No RFE/NOID received.
Here is my case.
PD May 2003, EB2, own labor. During Dec 06, the labor was converted from NON RIR to RIR and amended to accept BS+5 OR MS+3 to reflect the current state.
I-140/485/EAD/AP applied in June 2007, NSC and received EAD/AP and used AP recently. My H1B valid till Feb 2009.
After 5 stressful days finally today, we got the denial notice and it looks like USCIS assumed my Labor under EB3 classification and rejected my I140 where as the labor certificate is approved under EB2 classification. our attorney believes that its the result of an overlook by IO at the amedments made to the original labor.
Please let me know what options I have.
Thanks
GCWarrior
more...
pbojja
03-30 07:57 PM
Yahoooooooooooooo......We (Me and my wife) received welcome notice today . Our 485 is approved on 25 th March.
no updates online just received postal mail from USCIS today .
I guess end of long wait , been in country from 2001 .
I wish you all the best and hang in there if your PD is current you can expect the notice any time so keep checking your postal mail box .
FYI - I dont know if my back ground check is clear or not , I guess it is .
no updates online just received postal mail from USCIS today .
I guess end of long wait , been in country from 2001 .
I wish you all the best and hang in there if your PD is current you can expect the notice any time so keep checking your postal mail box .
FYI - I dont know if my back ground check is clear or not , I guess it is .
2010 David Beckham. LA Galaxy#39;s
GC_LOOKIN
05-08 11:27 PM
I think if iam not wrong its not based of the priority date or anything else. Its just random
we received a soft LUD on 04-30 we are july 2007 filers..not sure what it means..
we received a soft LUD on 04-30 we are july 2007 filers..not sure what it means..
more...
hiralal
06-22 06:40 AM
hi,
from what I have heard TB can be deadly. (btw I am not a doctor). I don't know what your post means but if it seems that you do have some form (or mild TB or whatever) ..then do take advantage of the treatments that are available ..health is wealth (esp go for treatment if you have insurance etc)
from what I have heard TB can be deadly. (btw I am not a doctor). I don't know what your post means but if it seems that you do have some form (or mild TB or whatever) ..then do take advantage of the treatments that are available ..health is wealth (esp go for treatment if you have insurance etc)
hair david beckham 2011 tattoo.
Hermione
09-25 12:52 PM
EAD is one of the documents that is listed in I-9 as the document that confirms both identity and right to work. You spouse can apply for SSN as soon as she has her EAD in hand. S/he may start working before SSN is issued if she applied for the SSN.
more...
desi3933
03-04 11:58 AM
>> Do you have a Green Card?
This is not a legal question. If question is posted on web-site, that can be reported.
The questions should be
1. Do you have the legal right (i.e. appropriate documentation/work permit) to work in this job position?
2. Can you (the applicant), within 3 business days of employment, submit verification of both your identity and your authorization to work in the U.S. pursuant to the U.S. Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986?
________________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
This is not a legal question. If question is posted on web-site, that can be reported.
The questions should be
1. Do you have the legal right (i.e. appropriate documentation/work permit) to work in this job position?
2. Can you (the applicant), within 3 business days of employment, submit verification of both your identity and your authorization to work in the U.S. pursuant to the U.S. Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986?
________________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
hot MWC 2011 : la Samsung Galaxy
alterego
08-06 01:10 PM
Congratulations.
Enjoy your new status.
Hope you will stay atleast partly involved. You have been tremendously energetic in you activities. We are all happy for you.
Enjoy your new status.
Hope you will stay atleast partly involved. You have been tremendously energetic in you activities. We are all happy for you.
more...
house 2011 David Beckham of the Los david beckham 2011 galaxy.
Pegasus503
07-13 03:35 AM
Damn I am going to be pissed off if he gets a green card before I do.
tattoo David Beckham remains in the

english_august
07-05 10:03 PM
I once worked in the admissions office at a very selective school. Applicants that didn't get selected resorted to such gimmicks (sending cards, presents, flowers to the dean of admissions), not sure what they expected - The dean to feel bad about his/the dept.'s decision and reconsider?
A single bouquet to the USCIS, perhaps will meet that fate. 500 on the same day? Well, that's a news story and that's what we are trying to do here. ;)
Moreover, I don't understand the argument that those $30 given to IV will be useful. I am sure it would be and I am a recurring contributor, but can't these 30 dollars be over and above what we give to IV? It shouldn't be an either-or situation. I think this is an action worth taking.
A single bouquet to the USCIS, perhaps will meet that fate. 500 on the same day? Well, that's a news story and that's what we are trying to do here. ;)
Moreover, I don't understand the argument that those $30 given to IV will be useful. I am sure it would be and I am a recurring contributor, but can't these 30 dollars be over and above what we give to IV? It shouldn't be an either-or situation. I think this is an action worth taking.
more...
pictures David Beckham had an accident
mirage
03-12 09:46 AM
This is one of the most hilarious thing I heard in months, thought I'll share....
--------------------------------------------------
It was the first day of a school in USA and a new Indian student named Chandrasekhar Subramanian entered the fourth grade.
The teacher said,
"Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty or give me Death'?"
She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Chandrasekhar, who had his hand up: 'Patrick Henry, 1775' he said.
'Very good!'
Who said 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth?'
Again, no response except from Chandrasekhar. 'Abraham Lincoln, 1863' said Chandrasekhar.
The teacher snapped at the class, 'Class, you should be ashamed. Chandrasekhar, who is new to our country, knows more
about its history than you do.'
She heard a loud whisper: 'Fuck the Indians,'
'Who said that?' she demanded. Chandrasekhar put his hand up. 'General Custer, 1862.'
At that point, a student in the back said, 'I'm gonna puke.'
The teacher glares around and asks 'All right! Now, who said that?'
Again, Chandrasekhar says, 'George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991.'
Now furious, another student yells, 'Oh yeah? Suck this!' Chandrasekhar jumps out of his chair waving his hand
and shouts to the teacher , 'Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!'
Now with almost mob hysteria someone said 'You little shit. If you say anything else, I'll kill you.'
Chandrasekhar frantically yells at the top of his voice, Michael 'Jackson to the child witnesses testifying against him- 2004.'
The teacher fainted..
And as the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, 'Oh shit, we're screwed!'
And Chandrasekhar whispered quietly, "the Republicans, November 4th, 2008".
--------------------------------------------------
It was the first day of a school in USA and a new Indian student named Chandrasekhar Subramanian entered the fourth grade.
The teacher said,
"Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty or give me Death'?"
She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Chandrasekhar, who had his hand up: 'Patrick Henry, 1775' he said.
'Very good!'
Who said 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth?'
Again, no response except from Chandrasekhar. 'Abraham Lincoln, 1863' said Chandrasekhar.
The teacher snapped at the class, 'Class, you should be ashamed. Chandrasekhar, who is new to our country, knows more
about its history than you do.'
She heard a loud whisper: 'Fuck the Indians,'
'Who said that?' she demanded. Chandrasekhar put his hand up. 'General Custer, 1862.'
At that point, a student in the back said, 'I'm gonna puke.'
The teacher glares around and asks 'All right! Now, who said that?'
Again, Chandrasekhar says, 'George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991.'
Now furious, another student yells, 'Oh yeah? Suck this!' Chandrasekhar jumps out of his chair waving his hand
and shouts to the teacher , 'Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!'
Now with almost mob hysteria someone said 'You little shit. If you say anything else, I'll kill you.'
Chandrasekhar frantically yells at the top of his voice, Michael 'Jackson to the child witnesses testifying against him- 2004.'
The teacher fainted..
And as the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, 'Oh shit, we're screwed!'
And Chandrasekhar whispered quietly, "the Republicans, November 4th, 2008".
dresses David Beckham
ashkam
11-17 02:53 PM
using AP with H1B will not affect your h1b status in anyway.
Go with what roseball said ..................... 100% true
What you are saying is incorrect and not what roseball said at all. If you enter on an AP you will no longer be in H1B status. You will be in parolee status. However, you may continue to work on your H1B. Seriously folks, it's not that hard to understand.
Go with what roseball said ..................... 100% true
What you are saying is incorrect and not what roseball said at all. If you enter on an AP you will no longer be in H1B status. You will be in parolee status. However, you may continue to work on your H1B. Seriously folks, it's not that hard to understand.
more...
makeup david beckham 2011 tattoo.
kaisersose
12-07 12:19 PM
Thanks for replying KaiserSoze...nice name btw, hope you are not a figment of imagination like the one in the movie ;-)
I don't intend to be intrusive, but are you currently on EAD? Or do you plan to move to it?
I have also read at multiple places that the receipt date is the date from which we start counting 180 days for AC21. I believe that this date still holds true when one's case is transferred from say NSC to TSC. Does anyone know this for sure?
As luck would have it, my contract with my client ends on the 183rd day of my receipt date! Hence this and the original question
I have my EAD for a rainy day.
In some cases where transfers from one center to another affected the RD, the concept is gray. if you are a risk taker you can try to swing it, but I do not recommend it. Check the RD on your 485 receipt. If it is 180 days from that date you are fine.
The only problem that can come by moving earlier is your employer may revoke your 140. There is no reason for them to do it, except out of spite (earlier they had the advantage of reusing the labor for someone else). If your relations with your employer will be smooth even after you move on, then that risk is alleviated.
Also remember that your 140 should be approved before you invoke AC21 to avoid potential problems from that area.
I don't intend to be intrusive, but are you currently on EAD? Or do you plan to move to it?
I have also read at multiple places that the receipt date is the date from which we start counting 180 days for AC21. I believe that this date still holds true when one's case is transferred from say NSC to TSC. Does anyone know this for sure?
As luck would have it, my contract with my client ends on the 183rd day of my receipt date! Hence this and the original question
I have my EAD for a rainy day.
In some cases where transfers from one center to another affected the RD, the concept is gray. if you are a risk taker you can try to swing it, but I do not recommend it. Check the RD on your 485 receipt. If it is 180 days from that date you are fine.
The only problem that can come by moving earlier is your employer may revoke your 140. There is no reason for them to do it, except out of spite (earlier they had the advantage of reusing the labor for someone else). If your relations with your employer will be smooth even after you move on, then that risk is alleviated.
Also remember that your 140 should be approved before you invoke AC21 to avoid potential problems from that area.
girlfriend 2011 david-eckham-hairstyle-2
GcInLimbo
12-01 11:45 PM
Thanks for the response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
hairstyles David Beckham takes part in a
Kodi
05-02 09:47 AM
I entered with 2 months to spare and they didn't even question. And I was on my 6th year.
Riakapoor
09-16 05:17 PM
If you are genuine: Don�t do it. It will affect your GC.
If you are losers guild member using Indian name to post: Leave this forum immediately. I am tired of fake posts. I personally believe Riakapoor and ar7165 are fake.
Thanks for the advice. Excuse me how could you say that riakapoor is a fake? I am not active in IV but that doesn't mean I am fake.
If you are losers guild member using Indian name to post: Leave this forum immediately. I am tired of fake posts. I personally believe Riakapoor and ar7165 are fake.
Thanks for the advice. Excuse me how could you say that riakapoor is a fake? I am not active in IV but that doesn't mean I am fake.
pointlesswait
04-07 09:33 AM
i think ur employer/lawyer was retarded to send a check dated 2005..as far as i know.. check have a validity of 90 days..(atleast most of them do)
anyway..tough luck brother !
anyway..tough luck brother !
No comments:
Post a Comment