
smartboy75
07-17 06:29 PM
Get back to work....next you would come up with the idea of personally visiting her....lets no get overboard....send in a thank you note..
raysaikat
04-17 12:46 AM
Here's our situation:
Both of our GC applications were filed in EB3 categories, by our individual employers, independent of each other.
My priority date is Apr 2002. My 140 is approved and 485 was filed in 2007 and is currently pending.
My husband's 140 is also approved and 485 was filed back in 2005. His priority date is Sep 2003.
Is there any way now to link both our applications, so he can take advantage of my earlier priority date without him having to withdraw his 485 application?
Here is what I understand, but make sure you seek professional opinion before making any move.
He can simply submit another I-485 as the derivative of your application. Of course that can only happen when your PD becomes current. He does not have to withdraw his own application. If he gets GC as your derivative, his other I-485 will automatically become invalid.
Both of our GC applications were filed in EB3 categories, by our individual employers, independent of each other.
My priority date is Apr 2002. My 140 is approved and 485 was filed in 2007 and is currently pending.
My husband's 140 is also approved and 485 was filed back in 2005. His priority date is Sep 2003.
Is there any way now to link both our applications, so he can take advantage of my earlier priority date without him having to withdraw his 485 application?
Here is what I understand, but make sure you seek professional opinion before making any move.
He can simply submit another I-485 as the derivative of your application. Of course that can only happen when your PD becomes current. He does not have to withdraw his own application. If he gets GC as your derivative, his other I-485 will automatically become invalid.
nmember
05-25 05:54 AM
fax send
surabhi
05-21 09:29 AM
(a) I am currently in L1 and have a priority date of May 2004 and I am in EB3 category
(b) I have an approved I-140
(c) My 485 has not been filed yet
(d) I just got my H1 approved and it would be effective from Oct 1 2008
So, if I change my current job from Employer A to Employer B and if Employer B agrees to take over my Green Card Process,
1) Should I re-file my I-140? (I presume the answer is Yes, but don't want to be a smart a**, wanted to get it clarified to the maximum extent possible)
2) Will my current Priority Date be carried over? That is, can I re-file my I-140 with my new Employer B with the same priority date of May 2004?
3) If I can move from Employer A to Employer B and file my new I-140, should this be done asap and before Employer A revokes my current approved I-140?
4) How much time does it take when I file I-140 with premium processing? (I can probably find this from USCIS website, but wanted to know real-time experiences)
5) Within how many days of joining my new Employer B should I file my new I-140?
6) I understand that the Employer A can revoke my I-140 and use my approved labor for any other viable applicant, but I also know that the Labor Substitution concept ceased to exist from July 2007. What is the benefit for my Employer A to revoke the I-140?
7) Last, but not the least - Should I file for a new labor where I will get a new Priority date and go back to that (god forsaken) square 1?
Thanks in advance for your time and I am finding it difficult to assimilate the answers from various posts.
1. yes, you should refile your I-140 . In fact you should start from labor ( to your Q# 7)
2. You cannot directly file I-140 . you should start from labor, but you can port your eariler PD
3. Revoking earlier I-140 has noo bearing on new labor / I-140 app, since you are not in I-1485 yet.
4.there is no premium processing yet for I-140
5.It has no bearing. Its upto you.
6. Even if it cannot be used for another person, one genuine reason why employers would want to revoke is to avoid RFEs regarding "Ability to Pay" for other employees they are still sponsoring. By not revoking your I-140, their ability to pay will be reduced by that much amount.
7. See above
this is all based on my knowledge of a friend who has gone thru similar process. Please validate with an attorney.
(b) I have an approved I-140
(c) My 485 has not been filed yet
(d) I just got my H1 approved and it would be effective from Oct 1 2008
So, if I change my current job from Employer A to Employer B and if Employer B agrees to take over my Green Card Process,
1) Should I re-file my I-140? (I presume the answer is Yes, but don't want to be a smart a**, wanted to get it clarified to the maximum extent possible)
2) Will my current Priority Date be carried over? That is, can I re-file my I-140 with my new Employer B with the same priority date of May 2004?
3) If I can move from Employer A to Employer B and file my new I-140, should this be done asap and before Employer A revokes my current approved I-140?
4) How much time does it take when I file I-140 with premium processing? (I can probably find this from USCIS website, but wanted to know real-time experiences)
5) Within how many days of joining my new Employer B should I file my new I-140?
6) I understand that the Employer A can revoke my I-140 and use my approved labor for any other viable applicant, but I also know that the Labor Substitution concept ceased to exist from July 2007. What is the benefit for my Employer A to revoke the I-140?
7) Last, but not the least - Should I file for a new labor where I will get a new Priority date and go back to that (god forsaken) square 1?
Thanks in advance for your time and I am finding it difficult to assimilate the answers from various posts.
1. yes, you should refile your I-140 . In fact you should start from labor ( to your Q# 7)
2. You cannot directly file I-140 . you should start from labor, but you can port your eariler PD
3. Revoking earlier I-140 has noo bearing on new labor / I-140 app, since you are not in I-1485 yet.
4.there is no premium processing yet for I-140
5.It has no bearing. Its upto you.
6. Even if it cannot be used for another person, one genuine reason why employers would want to revoke is to avoid RFEs regarding "Ability to Pay" for other employees they are still sponsoring. By not revoking your I-140, their ability to pay will be reduced by that much amount.
7. See above
this is all based on my knowledge of a friend who has gone thru similar process. Please validate with an attorney.
more...
nayekal
02-17 11:29 AM
Hi Nayekal,
I am in the same situation as you. My wife's employment is expected to end in the Middle of March.
1. Is it necessary to have receipt number from I-539 in hand by the time the employment is ending or is it ok to mail the I-539 after the employment end date. I am asking this since my H1 is up for extension after April 1st. I am trying to understand whether there is any risk in applying for my wife's COS H1-H4 along with my H1 extension. In this case, there would be gap of 15 days between my wife's last working day and when I plan to send documents for my H1 extension and my wife's H1-H4 COS.
2. Also, if we change it to H4, is it the end of H1. Do we have the option of switching back to H1 at later date without having to go for a fresh H1.
Can you please share your experience.
Thanks....
1. Is it necessary to have receipt number from I-539 in hand by the time the employment is ending or is it ok to mail the I-539 after the employment end date. I am asking this since my H1 is up for extension after April 1st. I am trying to understand whether there is any risk in applying for my wife's COS H1-H4 along with my H1 extension. In this case, there would be gap of 15 days between my wife's last working day and when I plan to send documents for my H1 extension and my wife's H1-H4 COS.
What I understood from your question is your H1 expires on End of March and you need to apply for H1 extension from Aril 1 2009. If this case, you can apply for extension right now as well. Remember, you can apply for H1 extension within 6 months of your current H1 exp date. This is what my company did for me. They applied 5 months earlier. So, when you are applying for H1 extension, you can apply for H1 to H4 for your wife. In that case, your wife status is safe and your wife will get approval for H4 with I-94 period as stated in your new H1 copy (her H4 period equal to your new H1 period).
2. Also, if we change it to H4, is it the end of H1. Do we have the option of switching back to H1 at later date without having to go for a fresh H1.
In case your wife gets a job offer later, her company can file for H1 (independent of quota) and she gets H1 for 6- whatever period she already served on H1, capped at 3 years.
Good Luck.
I am in the same situation as you. My wife's employment is expected to end in the Middle of March.
1. Is it necessary to have receipt number from I-539 in hand by the time the employment is ending or is it ok to mail the I-539 after the employment end date. I am asking this since my H1 is up for extension after April 1st. I am trying to understand whether there is any risk in applying for my wife's COS H1-H4 along with my H1 extension. In this case, there would be gap of 15 days between my wife's last working day and when I plan to send documents for my H1 extension and my wife's H1-H4 COS.
2. Also, if we change it to H4, is it the end of H1. Do we have the option of switching back to H1 at later date without having to go for a fresh H1.
Can you please share your experience.
Thanks....
1. Is it necessary to have receipt number from I-539 in hand by the time the employment is ending or is it ok to mail the I-539 after the employment end date. I am asking this since my H1 is up for extension after April 1st. I am trying to understand whether there is any risk in applying for my wife's COS H1-H4 along with my H1 extension. In this case, there would be gap of 15 days between my wife's last working day and when I plan to send documents for my H1 extension and my wife's H1-H4 COS.
What I understood from your question is your H1 expires on End of March and you need to apply for H1 extension from Aril 1 2009. If this case, you can apply for extension right now as well. Remember, you can apply for H1 extension within 6 months of your current H1 exp date. This is what my company did for me. They applied 5 months earlier. So, when you are applying for H1 extension, you can apply for H1 to H4 for your wife. In that case, your wife status is safe and your wife will get approval for H4 with I-94 period as stated in your new H1 copy (her H4 period equal to your new H1 period).
2. Also, if we change it to H4, is it the end of H1. Do we have the option of switching back to H1 at later date without having to go for a fresh H1.
In case your wife gets a job offer later, her company can file for H1 (independent of quota) and she gets H1 for 6- whatever period she already served on H1, capped at 3 years.
Good Luck.
sanju
02-03 06:22 PM
Thanks! And no, I have not gotten my green card, not even close!!
However, let's assume that PERM does take 6 to 12 months (from filing date) and then, the I-140/I-485 stage take another year...that would be 2 years, right? Why do you say 5 to 10?
Because data you are referring is incorrect and fake. Data you are referring is produced by a business to make people come to that site.
And, if you seem know the answer, then why are you asking? Sorry that I wasted my time replying to your initial post.
.
However, let's assume that PERM does take 6 to 12 months (from filing date) and then, the I-140/I-485 stage take another year...that would be 2 years, right? Why do you say 5 to 10?
Because data you are referring is incorrect and fake. Data you are referring is produced by a business to make people come to that site.
And, if you seem know the answer, then why are you asking? Sorry that I wasted my time replying to your initial post.
.
more...
sw33t
01-18 12:40 AM
From San Antonio. Count me in.
CyberCucina
02-09 04:26 PM
The swarm creeps me out! I like Perlin circles.
more...
JunRN
07-18 08:59 AM
I was thinking about that as well...but I have minor problems that might not be solved within July so it better for me to apply in August.
lskreddy
10-10 02:03 PM
Paranoia at its helm. There are things that protect you like AC-21 when you don't have a GC. You have a GC, move on to the client job..
The only concern is if you had a contract signed with your consulting firm that you would not join your client for x number of years yada yada, so check your contract, if nothing is in there, you should be fine..
The only concern is if you had a contract signed with your consulting firm that you would not join your client for x number of years yada yada, so check your contract, if nothing is in there, you should be fine..
more...
kondur_007
07-27 06:47 PM
Thank you for the post.
This is a nice comprehensive analysis by Ron.
Eventhough the issue of maitaining other non-immigrant status (like H or L) is still up for the debate, he did clarify the very confusing memo from CIS.
This is a nice comprehensive analysis by Ron.
Eventhough the issue of maitaining other non-immigrant status (like H or L) is still up for the debate, he did clarify the very confusing memo from CIS.
reddymjm
10-04 11:17 PM
HE likes RED though..
more...
GKBest
09-29 03:24 PM
Looks like an unique situation...no reply from anybody...
I'm just wondering why would they waive the fee. Are you exempt from paying?
I'm just wondering why would they waive the fee. Are you exempt from paying?
Aura M.
01-15 04:29 PM
I am in the same boat. They are taking way too long to process H1-B extensions.
Guys please advised how is the process for the extension...
I need to do mine.... Please I know my company will need to do, I just need the steps. I'm not willing to pay a lawyer for this also...
Tks for any info.....
Guys please advised how is the process for the extension...
I need to do mine.... Please I know my company will need to do, I just need the steps. I'm not willing to pay a lawyer for this also...
Tks for any info.....
more...
pa_arora
02-10 06:32 PM
The usage for Eb4(religious worker)+Eb5(investment) for 2008 was 3699.
These two categories are undersubscribed so the real spill over impact is closer to 3699. (which might bump up Eb2 india by 1 month more than otherwise.)
Good analysis.. but whatever it is - every drop counts. ;-)
These two categories are undersubscribed so the real spill over impact is closer to 3699. (which might bump up Eb2 india by 1 month more than otherwise.)
Good analysis.. but whatever it is - every drop counts. ;-)
xyz2005
08-02 01:09 AM
hi:
I am filing my I140 and i485 togther this week. I have had 2 previous employers to the current one.
I wporked for my first employer for nearly 3 years ( some months less) and then other employer for some 4 months and finally switching to the current employer..where I have been working for 6.5 years.
I am getting experience letter from first employer but second employer where I worked for 4 months has no record.
Is it ok to file I140 with just experienced letters from my first and the present employer and let go the one with just 4 months? Please let me now..I did call the former employer who worked there..but she also does not remmeber because it was 7 years back and that too for short time.
Please let me know..is that is risky or will come back with RFE?
DB
Well few comments:
- For LC you cannot use your current work exp...it has to be relevant prior one
- Your first one (if its relevant is the one you can use) and if second one is not relevant to your LC at current position then you can ignore it. If its relevant then every month will count and you should get one work exp from second one as well.
- Now if there is nobody at second place (in the company who can give this work exp letter) then hunt or locate any colleague and tell him to give work exp letter in his or her current letter head. This has to be done.
- For clarity sake , make one work exp letter with the set of responsibilities and send it everywhere so that all have same set of duties that are in LC.
Thanks and take care
Best Regards,
I am filing my I140 and i485 togther this week. I have had 2 previous employers to the current one.
I wporked for my first employer for nearly 3 years ( some months less) and then other employer for some 4 months and finally switching to the current employer..where I have been working for 6.5 years.
I am getting experience letter from first employer but second employer where I worked for 4 months has no record.
Is it ok to file I140 with just experienced letters from my first and the present employer and let go the one with just 4 months? Please let me now..I did call the former employer who worked there..but she also does not remmeber because it was 7 years back and that too for short time.
Please let me know..is that is risky or will come back with RFE?
DB
Well few comments:
- For LC you cannot use your current work exp...it has to be relevant prior one
- Your first one (if its relevant is the one you can use) and if second one is not relevant to your LC at current position then you can ignore it. If its relevant then every month will count and you should get one work exp from second one as well.
- Now if there is nobody at second place (in the company who can give this work exp letter) then hunt or locate any colleague and tell him to give work exp letter in his or her current letter head. This has to be done.
- For clarity sake , make one work exp letter with the set of responsibilities and send it everywhere so that all have same set of duties that are in LC.
Thanks and take care
Best Regards,
more...
gvenkat
05-17 07:35 AM
I believer you have to show somehow your resposnisbilities include that as well. I don't think it's that difficult
heathere3
10-25 10:12 AM
I'm a July 2nd filer (EB3, ROW, PD Aug 2005) and I got my receipts, fingerprint notices and husband's EAD on Aug 23rd. Still no AP for either, and no EAD for me (but I'm the H1-B, so it could be worse... at least my husband now has a job! :D )
Heather
Heather
satishku_2000
01-18 07:29 PM
I log in every day to see whats happening with my I-140 , Mine filed in september and the processing date moved only 15 days in last month. It took 2.5 years to complete the labor and I think I am struck in I-140 here...
Any one received I-140 approvals recently ? I just want to know what is your receipt date
Any one received I-140 approvals recently ? I just want to know what is your receipt date
Refugee_New
01-03 03:35 PM
hi i have a question here:
suppose some x's labour PD date is 2004 August and some Y's PD date is 2006.
Y Applied I-485 on July2nd 2007 and X applied on Aug10th 2007.
so whose application processed first? is x's or Y's for final GC process.
thanks for your answers.
As per USCIS trend, Z's application would be processed first and finally A and B will get the GC.
suppose some x's labour PD date is 2004 August and some Y's PD date is 2006.
Y Applied I-485 on July2nd 2007 and X applied on Aug10th 2007.
so whose application processed first? is x's or Y's for final GC process.
thanks for your answers.
As per USCIS trend, Z's application would be processed first and finally A and B will get the GC.
Steve Mitchell
March 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
I like. The varying tones are very interesting. I'm sure the black and white version looks better than the color.
No comments:
Post a Comment