needhelp!
07-25 10:57 AM
Not flowers ... any other time, an emphatic YES.
But we just used flowers as a sarcastic "Thank You, USCIS" .... so it is not the best idea ... just a note of Thanks, email or letter - to let her know we are grateful for her stance. It is important that we acknowledge the efforts of people who work to help us.
Everyone is going to think twice now when they get a bouquet of flowers.. lol
But we just used flowers as a sarcastic "Thank You, USCIS" .... so it is not the best idea ... just a note of Thanks, email or letter - to let her know we are grateful for her stance. It is important that we acknowledge the efforts of people who work to help us.
Everyone is going to think twice now when they get a bouquet of flowers.. lol
wallpaper fat boy clipart. fat boy
shana04
12-31 01:54 PM
If you had bothered to search these forums you would have got your answers in 5 minutes. However its just easier to ask something and sit there waiting, right? instead of reaching out, researching a bit?
Now that someone has answered your questions, would you consider atleast contributing (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905) to IV? The same questions you have asked here, if you ask some of the good lawyers, would have cost you $300!
Please do not hurt any ones feelings and sentiments (think about your self in that situation and then answer.
People come to IV because they think that there are some good people who would suggest and help.
And please remember one thing, if you are in a hurry and dont have time. you would not think about browing or searching, but post your quesiton. And who knows he might have even done his browsing and asking for experts opinion.
And IV is an org and it at their wish and will of individual whether to contribute or not.
so please do not force any one.
Good luck to you.
Now that someone has answered your questions, would you consider atleast contributing (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905) to IV? The same questions you have asked here, if you ask some of the good lawyers, would have cost you $300!
Please do not hurt any ones feelings and sentiments (think about your self in that situation and then answer.
People come to IV because they think that there are some good people who would suggest and help.
And please remember one thing, if you are in a hurry and dont have time. you would not think about browing or searching, but post your quesiton. And who knows he might have even done his browsing and asking for experts opinion.
And IV is an org and it at their wish and will of individual whether to contribute or not.
so please do not force any one.
Good luck to you.
ItIsNotFunny
09-22 03:06 PM
Please post how many people you called!
Trent Franks (R-Ariz.)202- 225-4576
Steve King (R-Iowa)202- 225-4426 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Mike Pence (R-Ind.) 202-225-3021
Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) 202-225-3035
Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas), Ranking Member 202- 225-4236 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) 202-225-2216
Chris Cannon (R-Utah)202- 225-7751
Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) 202-225-2676
Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.)202- 225-5431
J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.)202- 225-6365
Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) 202-225-2706 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Ric Keller (R-Fla.)202- 225-2176
Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.)202- 225-5811
Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)202- 225-3906 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Dan Lungren (R-Calif.)202- 225-5716
Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) 202-225-5911
Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.)202- 225-4176
Rick Boucher (D-Va.) 202-225-3861
Robert C. Scott (D-Va.) (202) 225-8351
Betty Sutton (D-Ohio) 202-225-3401
Howard Coble (R-N.C.) 202-225-3065
Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)202- 225-3265
John Conyers (D-Mich.), Chairman 202-225-5126
William D. Delahunt (D-Mass.)202- 225-3111
Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) 202-225-4755
Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)202- 225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.) 202-225-4695
Trent Franks (R-Ariz.)202- 225-4576
Steve King (R-Iowa)202- 225-4426 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Mike Pence (R-Ind.) 202-225-3021
Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) 202-225-3035
Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas), Ranking Member 202- 225-4236 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) 202-225-2216
Chris Cannon (R-Utah)202- 225-7751
Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) 202-225-2676
Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.)202- 225-5431
J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.)202- 225-6365
Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) 202-225-2706 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Ric Keller (R-Fla.)202- 225-2176
Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.)202- 225-5811
Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)202- 225-3906 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Dan Lungren (R-Calif.)202- 225-5716
Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) 202-225-5911
Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.)202- 225-4176
Rick Boucher (D-Va.) 202-225-3861
Robert C. Scott (D-Va.) (202) 225-8351
Betty Sutton (D-Ohio) 202-225-3401
Howard Coble (R-N.C.) 202-225-3065
Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)202- 225-3265
John Conyers (D-Mich.), Chairman 202-225-5126
William D. Delahunt (D-Mass.)202- 225-3111
Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) 202-225-4755
Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)202- 225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.) 202-225-4695
2011 fat boy clipart. some days it
pmat
07-17 09:54 AM
This case is complicated as your I485 is already approved. If you refile your wife's I485, it might get rejected.
I would suggest you to not rely on forums and get an expert lawyer's help ASAP. It will be worth it.
I have to apply for my wife as my derivative of 485. My 485 was approved on July 8th 2010. Below is the timeline
July 1st - Applied Wife's 485
July 8th - My 485 was approved
July 13th - Wife's 485 Denied due to outdated forms
July 14th - My H1, Wife's H4 and I-94 Expired
July 19th - Planning on sending a new 485 application for spouse
I'm mainly concerned about two things
1. Is she out of status for 5 days from July 14th to 19th
2. Can I still apply her as a derivative, as my 485 is already approved.
Thank you,
I would suggest you to not rely on forums and get an expert lawyer's help ASAP. It will be worth it.
I have to apply for my wife as my derivative of 485. My 485 was approved on July 8th 2010. Below is the timeline
July 1st - Applied Wife's 485
July 8th - My 485 was approved
July 13th - Wife's 485 Denied due to outdated forms
July 14th - My H1, Wife's H4 and I-94 Expired
July 19th - Planning on sending a new 485 application for spouse
I'm mainly concerned about two things
1. Is she out of status for 5 days from July 14th to 19th
2. Can I still apply her as a derivative, as my 485 is already approved.
Thank you,
more...
GC4US
08-29 12:10 PM
When were your applications filed? If it was before July 30, your I-485 could be filed at either Nebraska or Texas.
Thank you nefrateedi,
My concurrent filing of I-140 and 485 was filed on August 17th, 2007.
Is it not after July 30?...that you could submit to either to Nebraska or Texas?
Is it ok like this?
Thank you again.
Thank you nefrateedi,
My concurrent filing of I-140 and 485 was filed on August 17th, 2007.
Is it not after July 30?...that you could submit to either to Nebraska or Texas?
Is it ok like this?
Thank you again.

forgerator
07-31 07:08 PM
I hope they did not hire "loser's guild" to do the job :D:D:D
That would be a conflict of interest. If they were hired, I'm sure they would start writing code like "If status == H1B then Add delay = 50 yrs"
That would be a conflict of interest. If they were hired, I'm sure they would start writing code like "If status == H1B then Add delay = 50 yrs"
more...
talash
10-16 08:30 PM
I had also gone to local centre with info pass to buy some more time to reply MTR coz i didnt have enough evidence to prove A2P .they told me file within 30 days with what ever i have as tell them that u got notice on 28th day n buy more time .But advice was to file within 30 days .
2010 Little Boy
manderson
10-30 09:58 AM
stylepoet, I am no lawyer but I still think you can totally resolve this thing with a very good immigration lawyer instead of lobbying for a law change. If you wait around for legislative changes you may wind up waiting forever. Look at us. A multi-million dollar lobby like Compete America (which represent Fortune 500s like Microsoft, Google, Oracle, etc.) have been working towards some of the same goals we have been trying to achieve for the last 4-5 years, and either of us can hardly get anything done in Congress.
Compared to the legal limbo we are in, your case really isn't that difficult. I am not trying to condescend you or anything but you my friend need to get a better lawyer if your current one is telling you that your case it stuck. It isn't! There are a lot of things you can do to manage your transition from E2 to EB5.
One of the things you can do is convert your college-going daughter's status to F-1 (by getting a I-20) perhaps temporarily while you sell your business and apply for EB5. I know someone who was already in the US in May/June but his H1 didn't start till Oct and he didn't want to leave and re-enter becoz of embassy hassles back in his home country, so he applied for a Master's from a university and got an I-20 pretty quickly which helped him bridge the gap between June and Oct (he had to study full-time ofcourse to maintain status during that bridge-time). Another way to avoid missing school, is to do this over next summer when both of your daughters will be off for summer break...
Once your kids turn 21 they will age out anyway. Meaning they will have to pursue their own green cards. So if you want them to get their green cards as your dependants you really need to move now. Take it from us. You really don't want to wait around for law changes!!
:)
Thanks for your input, Manderson. My family has been here for four years. We have two sons in England, one of whom is going through the E2 application process, and two daughters, one at University and one in high school. We would all like to stay permanently, but in order to raise the money for EB5, we would have to sell our business and that would put us in breach of our visa conditions.
The half-centrury old E2 laws need to be updated to reflect the valuable economic input of investors. It is unrealistic to expect people to come here, settle their families and run successful businesses for a few years and then go home. Most decide they would like to stay but have no path to GC.
We can't just leave the country and start again because of our daughters' education. Feels like catch 22, but I believe reform is the way forward.
Compared to the legal limbo we are in, your case really isn't that difficult. I am not trying to condescend you or anything but you my friend need to get a better lawyer if your current one is telling you that your case it stuck. It isn't! There are a lot of things you can do to manage your transition from E2 to EB5.
One of the things you can do is convert your college-going daughter's status to F-1 (by getting a I-20) perhaps temporarily while you sell your business and apply for EB5. I know someone who was already in the US in May/June but his H1 didn't start till Oct and he didn't want to leave and re-enter becoz of embassy hassles back in his home country, so he applied for a Master's from a university and got an I-20 pretty quickly which helped him bridge the gap between June and Oct (he had to study full-time ofcourse to maintain status during that bridge-time). Another way to avoid missing school, is to do this over next summer when both of your daughters will be off for summer break...
Once your kids turn 21 they will age out anyway. Meaning they will have to pursue their own green cards. So if you want them to get their green cards as your dependants you really need to move now. Take it from us. You really don't want to wait around for law changes!!
:)
Thanks for your input, Manderson. My family has been here for four years. We have two sons in England, one of whom is going through the E2 application process, and two daughters, one at University and one in high school. We would all like to stay permanently, but in order to raise the money for EB5, we would have to sell our business and that would put us in breach of our visa conditions.
The half-centrury old E2 laws need to be updated to reflect the valuable economic input of investors. It is unrealistic to expect people to come here, settle their families and run successful businesses for a few years and then go home. Most decide they would like to stay but have no path to GC.
We can't just leave the country and start again because of our daughters' education. Feels like catch 22, but I believe reform is the way forward.
more...
pappu
04-10 12:26 PM
Hello gurus
I filled my 485 in july fiasco at Nebraska service center. Today I recieved an online update on my and my wife case (485) saying that case has been transfered to miami,fl , the reason is because it falls under that jurisdiction.
I am EB3 India, PD Aug 2002.
I already recieved my EAD,AP
Let me know your thoughts or if some one else also recieve the same update.
Thanks in advance..
Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63
IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.
I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.
I filled my 485 in july fiasco at Nebraska service center. Today I recieved an online update on my and my wife case (485) saying that case has been transfered to miami,fl , the reason is because it falls under that jurisdiction.
I am EB3 India, PD Aug 2002.
I already recieved my EAD,AP
Let me know your thoughts or if some one else also recieve the same update.
Thanks in advance..
Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63
IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.
I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.
hair Fat Man Sitting at a Computer
wandmaker
11-07 11:10 AM
Great! You will get the actual receipt notice like paper filing in a week. Also FP notice to take a picture for your EAD.
OK i e-filed and it showed Nebraska address generating LIN no's instead of MSC etc , it prompted me where my 485 is and i think since it is at NSC it routed automatically to NSC
OK i e-filed and it showed Nebraska address generating LIN no's instead of MSC etc , it prompted me where my 485 is and i think since it is at NSC it routed automatically to NSC
more...
newhandle
03-05 05:52 PM
What I'm going to tell you to do is illegal. So do it at your own risk.
I don't think USCIS is ever going to find out about your income unless you disclose it.
Not filing tax returns is illegal no matter how small the income is. 5k is definitely big enough. I think you should go ahead and file tax returns atleast for 2009, so that you won't get into trouble with the IRS.
This is just my opinion.
My SSN and EID is tied to my business. I'm sure CIS has means to find out if they wanted to. Any other suggestions that don't involve lieing?
I don't think USCIS is ever going to find out about your income unless you disclose it.
Not filing tax returns is illegal no matter how small the income is. 5k is definitely big enough. I think you should go ahead and file tax returns atleast for 2009, so that you won't get into trouble with the IRS.
This is just my opinion.
My SSN and EID is tied to my business. I'm sure CIS has means to find out if they wanted to. Any other suggestions that don't involve lieing?
hot fat boy clipart. fat boy
alterego
09-15 02:12 PM
On the other hand, I think something else might happen unless things change quickly.
Growth is slowing down, budget deficit is high, the long term bond curve is inverted, all pointing to a significantly slowing economy. That does not mean recession, but it does mean more layoffs, and more difficulty in getting labor certified. That might impact how things work next year.
I used to be an optimist, but after 1 year of politics similar to my home country, I am starting to think that most of what you hear and see is hogwash.
I do not mean that nothing will change, possibly 485 filing will happen, but do not raise your hopes high on GC number increase.
That is the exact intent of their policy. They percieve that too many Indian IT folks are coming to america. If what you say happens then their intended consequence would be attained.
Just look at the whole EB thing. Why do they call it EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration then impose COUNTRY SPECIFIC quotas on it. They look at all immigration as a sort of social development. They have EB1 for the truly meritable. The rest of EB immigration/H1b system to them is a safety valve to help keep the labour markets more flexible according to the needs of the day. The 40K is mentioned in the stats. of visas issued for last year. It is on a few of the lawyer websites as well.
When they want to act on something you can see it in the speed of action.
Right now someone in EB2 category in ROW can have a green card in 1yr or less. From India, noone can say how long and probably without changes it would be about 7-10 yrs atleast.
You may be more optimistic that Indians will leave. I am under no such illusion. Having looked at the personas a lot, I tend to feel more will cling on for many many years, just waiting and hoping. Indians will do this for a few reasons. The US advantage in terms of quality of life, money, job opportunities etc is much more. Indians generally tend to put up with more C%^% if it means they can get ahead, and Indians tend to live more for tomorrow than other people ie for children, for financial security etc. These are generally good traits, in this situation they will lead to those clinging on. In a sense AC21 has in a way put us in this situation, by allowing 7th yr H1b extensions. Were that not there, your argument would have been more plausible.
Growth is slowing down, budget deficit is high, the long term bond curve is inverted, all pointing to a significantly slowing economy. That does not mean recession, but it does mean more layoffs, and more difficulty in getting labor certified. That might impact how things work next year.
I used to be an optimist, but after 1 year of politics similar to my home country, I am starting to think that most of what you hear and see is hogwash.
I do not mean that nothing will change, possibly 485 filing will happen, but do not raise your hopes high on GC number increase.
That is the exact intent of their policy. They percieve that too many Indian IT folks are coming to america. If what you say happens then their intended consequence would be attained.
Just look at the whole EB thing. Why do they call it EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration then impose COUNTRY SPECIFIC quotas on it. They look at all immigration as a sort of social development. They have EB1 for the truly meritable. The rest of EB immigration/H1b system to them is a safety valve to help keep the labour markets more flexible according to the needs of the day. The 40K is mentioned in the stats. of visas issued for last year. It is on a few of the lawyer websites as well.
When they want to act on something you can see it in the speed of action.
Right now someone in EB2 category in ROW can have a green card in 1yr or less. From India, noone can say how long and probably without changes it would be about 7-10 yrs atleast.
You may be more optimistic that Indians will leave. I am under no such illusion. Having looked at the personas a lot, I tend to feel more will cling on for many many years, just waiting and hoping. Indians will do this for a few reasons. The US advantage in terms of quality of life, money, job opportunities etc is much more. Indians generally tend to put up with more C%^% if it means they can get ahead, and Indians tend to live more for tomorrow than other people ie for children, for financial security etc. These are generally good traits, in this situation they will lead to those clinging on. In a sense AC21 has in a way put us in this situation, by allowing 7th yr H1b extensions. Were that not there, your argument would have been more plausible.
more...
house Moon Star Clipart. thank
JunRN
06-02 06:18 PM
What happens when a new I-140 was filed but was denied, will USCIS consider the previously approved i-140 for the AOS (i-485)?
tattoo So, we survived Thanksgiving
REQUIRE_GC
02-15 12:04 PM
My I140 is pending since MAR 07 (waiting for almost a year)from NSC...still no LUD or decision...its very frustrating:confused:
See my signature
See my signature
more...
pictures fat boy clipart.

mena
11-18 06:02 PM
Hi Sheraz,
I still haven't received the documents yet will post once have received do let us know if you happen to get your's first.
PD: 11/22/2005 (ROW i.e. Pakistan) EB3
I140 : Approved June 2006
EAD : Received October 2007
485: Pending
Thanks
I still haven't received the documents yet will post once have received do let us know if you happen to get your's first.
PD: 11/22/2005 (ROW i.e. Pakistan) EB3
I140 : Approved June 2006
EAD : Received October 2007
485: Pending
Thanks
dresses Day of School Clipart
waitingGC
03-09 08:47 AM
It says India took a total of 41254 visas, but if you total the columns including family pref it comes to 32030. What am I missing?? Anyway how does it matter...
Did you add up the visas issued in Indian?
Did you add up the visas issued in Indian?
more...
makeup fat boy clipart. Fat Person Clipart. Fat Person Clipart. HecubusPro. Sep 1, 12:29 PM. AppleInsider is also now reporting

gc@waiting
09-30 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to if "YATES MEMO(on being able to use AC21 with a pending 140 for 180 days)" is still relevant or overridden by any subsequent memo/law?
girlfriend fat boy clipart.
mikrupee
08-22 02:47 PM
My questions:
While on H1B can a professional engineer sign a design and plans offcourse for free. Say to a friend design and plan.
While on H1B can a professional engineer sign a design and plans offcourse for free. Say to a friend design and plan.
hairstyles stock photo : Fat boy in a
shruthii_1210@yahoo.com
09-30 12:37 PM
1) If the employer revokes i140 before 180 days then what happens ,, is there any way to continue 485 ?
3) 1 1/2 yrs is the current H1-B status
Thanks
Karthik
3) 1 1/2 yrs is the current H1-B status
Thanks
Karthik
m1801b
09-11 12:33 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Today, I discussed my option (H-1b extension and PERM) with a local lawyer. He mentioned that:
1. I can't recapture the time spent outside USA in the last 6 years for the new H-1 extension since I am currently in my 8th year of H-1 extension. I could have recaptured the time only if it was for 7th year extension.
2. If my employer transitions me to the new outsourcing company (my employer is transitioning all IT to this outsourcing company) instead of laying me off, my LC and I-140 won't remain the same since it is not a situation of acquisition or merger where the new company gets all liabilities from the old company. It will depend on the new outsourcing company whether to file a new petition for me or not.
3. If I am laid off with a severance pay (I know for sure that I would get 6 weeks of severance if I am laid off), I can show this amount as my usual salary for the next 1 and half months. This will give me ample grace period for doing the new H-1 and PERM with any new employer.
4. Even though my current H1 extension is valid for another 9 months only, the new H-1b petition with a new employer will get me 1 whole year of H-1b extension.
I felt that the the local lawyer (he is not 100% into immigration) was not 100% sure about the above things.
I am planning to talk to some other attorney (who is only into immigration) this weekend but I would appreciate any suggestions of you friendly and helpful folks over here in IV.
Some folks have suggested me to get a consulting from someone from Sheela Murthy.
Thanks you so much.
1. I can't recapture the time spent outside USA in the last 6 years for the new H-1 extension since I am currently in my 8th year of H-1 extension. I could have recaptured the time only if it was for 7th year extension.
2. If my employer transitions me to the new outsourcing company (my employer is transitioning all IT to this outsourcing company) instead of laying me off, my LC and I-140 won't remain the same since it is not a situation of acquisition or merger where the new company gets all liabilities from the old company. It will depend on the new outsourcing company whether to file a new petition for me or not.
3. If I am laid off with a severance pay (I know for sure that I would get 6 weeks of severance if I am laid off), I can show this amount as my usual salary for the next 1 and half months. This will give me ample grace period for doing the new H-1 and PERM with any new employer.
4. Even though my current H1 extension is valid for another 9 months only, the new H-1b petition with a new employer will get me 1 whole year of H-1b extension.
I felt that the the local lawyer (he is not 100% into immigration) was not 100% sure about the above things.
I am planning to talk to some other attorney (who is only into immigration) this weekend but I would appreciate any suggestions of you friendly and helpful folks over here in IV.
Some folks have suggested me to get a consulting from someone from Sheela Murthy.
Thanks you so much.
H1BDreamer
05-27 09:48 AM
Hi, I'm very tensed. I applied for H-1B under master CAP. I have finished all degree requirements including depositing PhD thesis. However, at the time of filing I could not wait for a letter from the registrar (it takes 5 business days).
So, I filed with a letter from my dept. The letter has the letterhead of the university and states that I completed all degree requirements and will graduate May 13th. It is signed by the dept associate dean.
Would that suffice? Could the petition be denied?
I have seen some denials but all for ppl who hasn't actually completed all requirements at the time of filing.
Thanks for any replies.
So, I filed with a letter from my dept. The letter has the letterhead of the university and states that I completed all degree requirements and will graduate May 13th. It is signed by the dept associate dean.
Would that suffice? Could the petition be denied?
I have seen some denials but all for ppl who hasn't actually completed all requirements at the time of filing.
Thanks for any replies.
No comments:
Post a Comment