
PowerMacMan
Jun 16, 12:06 AM
I always wanted to make a website, now more specifically I want to make one devoted to Apple, good for you for getting in the big stuff! :)
anng12
Mar 9, 06:36 PM
Anyone else coming and at what time?
Smoljan
Jun 3, 12:45 AM
Thanks! :D
Thanks Anthony! lol You should also make one!
Thanks Anthony! lol You should also make one!
Dreadnought
Feb 2, 03:37 PM
I have this weekend a game weekend coming up, so a couple of friends are bringing their pc with them. I really should install folding on all of them :D
more...
Ommid
Apr 23, 03:39 PM
My Apple wireless keyboard lasts 2-3 months on regular AA batteries.
If your wireless keyboard was backlit you'd have to replace the batteries every second day or so...
:( Mine doesn't last that long, but I guess I do use it alot!! And I never turn it off, or my computer!
If your wireless keyboard was backlit you'd have to replace the batteries every second day or so...
:( Mine doesn't last that long, but I guess I do use it alot!! And I never turn it off, or my computer!
cube
Sep 21, 09:58 AM
I myself like the 300Gb maxtor, it is a little bit noiser then the seagate but the 16mb cache does make it feel snappy. Besides it makes the most sense in $. It is jus a little bit more than less storage and a lot less than those with 400 or 500Gb. My 2 cents.
For 3 platters you can get a 400GB Seagate.
For 3 platters you can get a 400GB Seagate.
more...
shenfrey
May 6, 11:40 AM
honestly, it feels like Lion is more of an experiment then an actual upgrade. Maybe preparing not just for the future of IOS but Mac OS to.
Dmac77
Dec 29, 02:14 AM
I check Amazon. The 4GB can really only be found with the bundle. You can get a stand alone 250 gig system.
Exactly. I might just break and buy a 250gb or maybe get the Kinect bundle and flip the Kinect on eBay or something. I hate stores.
-Don
Exactly. I might just break and buy a 250gb or maybe get the Kinect bundle and flip the Kinect on eBay or something. I hate stores.
-Don
more...
buryyourbrideau
Dec 14, 10:12 PM
Talib Kwali thirded. I don't even know what that means, but it gave spell check a hard time.
It's very cool. :cool:
Haha very clever
BLACKSTAR!!!
It's very cool. :cool:
Haha very clever
BLACKSTAR!!!
walkerIV
Mar 12, 10:45 AM
If you installed the program in /Applicaions it should be accessible to anyone on the computer. If you have it installed in ~/Applications/ it will only be accessible to one user.
I believe copying the app folder to /Applications should do the trick in the latter case.
I believe copying the app folder to /Applications should do the trick in the latter case.
more...
pscoble
Dec 28, 06:16 PM
I will be attending the Keynote and conference yay I might be able to meet up if Im not that busy.
racer1441
Feb 12, 07:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
The iPhone 4 was a failure at launch. The antenna is broken. It drops Internet connections and calls if held a certain. The glass claiming to be strong is weak sauce and the only good things on the phone are the cameras and screen.*
Am I the only one who feels this way?
yes you are. Considering how much money Apple has made from the iPhone 4, not even counting ATT and now Verizon, your statement is beyond moronic.
The iPhone 4 was a failure at launch. The antenna is broken. It drops Internet connections and calls if held a certain. The glass claiming to be strong is weak sauce and the only good things on the phone are the cameras and screen.*
Am I the only one who feels this way?
yes you are. Considering how much money Apple has made from the iPhone 4, not even counting ATT and now Verizon, your statement is beyond moronic.
more...
Carl S.
Apr 20, 10:15 PM
I was on Apple.Com checking out the refurbs and got a random idea in my head. I was curious to see what a maxed out mac pro would cost. So 23K later I had a beast of a machine. But I am curious, what is the use of having two 6-core processors and 64gigs of ram. Is there any application in the world that benefits from this much power. whats the point?.. just curious

simsaladimbamba
Apr 28, 06:41 PM
I've always heard of the 4-pin being referred to as iLink on Sony devices or mini firewire everywhere else.
I thought FW400 and 800 refer to the speed, so 600 makes no sense to me at all.
Me too, I never heard of FW600 for the 6-pin port.
The 4-pin port is often referred to as DV-IN or DV-OUT too.
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/482/firewire4final.png
I thought FW400 and 800 refer to the speed, so 600 makes no sense to me at all.
Me too, I never heard of FW600 for the 6-pin port.
The 4-pin port is often referred to as DV-IN or DV-OUT too.
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/482/firewire4final.png
more...
arn
Nov 16, 02:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
Ah thanks. That we can fix
Ah thanks. That we can fix
Vylen
May 5, 05:12 AM
Hyper threading is only useful in multithreaded applications that are used for things like video or photo processing or 3D rendering. In a general sense, hyper threading is useful when multiple threads of execution are similar enough to each other. This is obviously true enough when applications are designed to make use of hyper threading. It will not be useful when doing multiple different things (e.g. running a lot of different applications at once).
As for video RAM, go with 1GB... would be a good idea if you ever decide to plug in a second monitor to your machine.
As for video RAM, go with 1GB... would be a good idea if you ever decide to plug in a second monitor to your machine.
more...
dornoforpyros
Aug 18, 11:17 AM
heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)
I'd like to agree with you, I actually thought Clocks was a decent song. But then I noticed their new single "speed of sound"? sounds exactly the same, so I'm guessing the rest of the album does too.
Besides I'm hookt on the Dandy Warhols for the time being :D
I'd like to agree with you, I actually thought Clocks was a decent song. But then I noticed their new single "speed of sound"? sounds exactly the same, so I'm guessing the rest of the album does too.
Besides I'm hookt on the Dandy Warhols for the time being :D
Paradoxeon
May 1, 09:56 AM
I've recently noticed- some iLife apps are not working. The biggest concern is iPhoto - I've opened up iPhoto '11 (iLife 11) but it says:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2zhlixz.png
However, and here's the catch - iDVD, iMovie, working. Just a couple apps are not working (I can't check every single one for compatibility). Is this a universal problem? How do I fix it? I have iLife '10 and '09 if that helps but I haven't checked if they work. Either way, I would like to use iLife '11 over either older versions... Thanks!
http://i51.tinypic.com/2zhlixz.png
However, and here's the catch - iDVD, iMovie, working. Just a couple apps are not working (I can't check every single one for compatibility). Is this a universal problem? How do I fix it? I have iLife '10 and '09 if that helps but I haven't checked if they work. Either way, I would like to use iLife '11 over either older versions... Thanks!
RosieO
Oct 21, 02:10 PM
The Apple Store here is closing from 4-6 to get ready for the Leopard release. I can't see what they need 2 hours to get ready for.:confused:
b-rad g
Mar 6, 01:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I will have to try Mac the Ripper for the one movie. Thanks for the tip!
I think I fixed the slow handbrake problem. When I was queuing (sp?) up all the movies the last one I tried was the Hunt for Red October. Well with that one possible have region problems it never quit trying to scan source.
So I took all queued movies out of the queue and stopped the super slow encode and restarted. I started over and queued up everything except Hunt for Red October. So far fps is back up to averaging in the 30's. All seems back to normal.
Thanks guys.
I will have to try Mac the Ripper for the one movie. Thanks for the tip!
I think I fixed the slow handbrake problem. When I was queuing (sp?) up all the movies the last one I tried was the Hunt for Red October. Well with that one possible have region problems it never quit trying to scan source.
So I took all queued movies out of the queue and stopped the super slow encode and restarted. I started over and queued up everything except Hunt for Red October. So far fps is back up to averaging in the 30's. All seems back to normal.
Thanks guys.
tpavur
Apr 21, 10:26 PM
I don't know guys, I'm sold on the Mac Pro; after owning the 2.93 iMac the pro feels much faster, and I'm talking just basic tasks so far. The Pro i went with is the 3.2 quad with a 5870 so although the proc isn't much faster, it is night and day, I'm not sure what does it but i'm definitely happy.
yg17
Sep 17, 04:15 PM
I got some Mushkin off of NewEgg for my PMG5. Works great.
Peyote
Dec 20, 05:58 PM
Dynamic Range was one thing I was about to mention. I don't know a lot about 35MM only scanners, but I know that when I'm looking for a flatbed scanner, I won't buy anything with a DMax under 3.4. Even 3.4 is pushing it IMHO, and really 3.8 is where it's at.
That is an often overlooked specification. It basically tells you how wide of a range of contrast it can scan. The higher the better.
That is an often overlooked specification. It basically tells you how wide of a range of contrast it can scan. The higher the better.
Doctor Q
Oct 14, 10:59 PM
I remember cleo and shrek. Does that count?
No comments:
Post a Comment