simsaladimbamba
Apr 28, 07:28 PM
TextExpander and TypeIt4Me.
Simgar988
May 25, 01:00 AM
This game is amazing. Well both of em have been. I didn't play as the default character and I can picture my specific one very well in my head. All I want is ME3
katie ta achoo
Nov 3, 10:56 PM
I also like this.
So much the fun to look at the leaks!
Hopefully it'll grow, this seems REALLY cool! :)
So much the fun to look at the leaks!
Hopefully it'll grow, this seems REALLY cool! :)
GekiRed
Dec 31, 11:40 AM
Why even buy an iPod Touch like the millions of other sheep and continue to line God Jobs' pockets when you could buy some other device and give Steve-O the finger?:confused:
May I say that you have a very good point there, but at the same time there's a lot of Apps on iOS which aren't available on Android, especially my Epilepsy medication reminder App which has been a godsend to me, especially as I had a seizure a couple of weeks ago which put me in hospital!:(
At the end of the day, I bought the product, so surely I should be able to do what I want with it within reason.
May I say that you have a very good point there, but at the same time there's a lot of Apps on iOS which aren't available on Android, especially my Epilepsy medication reminder App which has been a godsend to me, especially as I had a seizure a couple of weeks ago which put me in hospital!:(
At the end of the day, I bought the product, so surely I should be able to do what I want with it within reason.
more...
amacgenius
Oct 16, 08:48 PM
We'll be doing another entry tomorrow, and hopefully with better lighting and such, heck we might not even be in it ;).
mcdj
Apr 24, 12:30 AM
They CANNOT be compared. Two totally different IEM's. Two totally different prices.
Exactly. I was pointing out that Ajays Four are nowhere near high end, by comparing them to something high end.
Exactly. I was pointing out that Ajays Four are nowhere near high end, by comparing them to something high end.
more...
zelmo
Mar 31, 07:52 AM
:confused: My son loves Pokemon and, since his birthday is at the end of April, I am thinking of getting him the new Pokemon DS games. I don't know jack about Pokemon. Is there a difference between Diamond and Pearl, or is the existance of multiple versions just a means of generating revenue?
PhoneyDeveloper
May 4, 01:40 PM
I don't know offhand of any sources like you're asking for.
Have you read the UIPickerView class reference? There are several sample code projects listed there.
Your questions seem to be of two kinds: How do I make the pickerview do X? and what's a good way to implement the data model for a picker view? The first questions should be answered by the class reference. The picker view asks its datasource and delegate for information.
The data model is different and depends on what you want to display. Having an array for each component is an obvious way to implement this. If it's possible to calculate the value of a row you might not need a data model for it at all. This might be the case for a simple picker that showed numbers from, say, 0 to 99.
Have you read the UIPickerView class reference? There are several sample code projects listed there.
Your questions seem to be of two kinds: How do I make the pickerview do X? and what's a good way to implement the data model for a picker view? The first questions should be answered by the class reference. The picker view asks its datasource and delegate for information.
The data model is different and depends on what you want to display. Having an array for each component is an obvious way to implement this. If it's possible to calculate the value of a row you might not need a data model for it at all. This might be the case for a simple picker that showed numbers from, say, 0 to 99.
more...
quasinormal
Apr 1, 06:29 PM
I just did clean installs on two 2011 MBPs. I'll mention what i did when I transferred my information , because for once everything turned out well. The data was on a HD removed from a dead MBP that was running 10.5.
I upgraded the old HD in firewire enclosure to 10.6 and ran all updates on it. I then ran the app CleanApp (http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/) to remove programs from the old drive I didn't want any more. Migration agent was used transfer the applications. It appears 3rd party apps have the registration code transferred, but Pages asked for a reg. no.
With iTunes, i deleted the iTunes folder in Music on the new HD and then copied over the old iTunes folder. This worked and preserved all metadata.
edit- i should mention that Migration agent made a mess of transferring itunes. This could have been because i had my music files away from where itunes would normally find it. Before swapping itunes folders, I moved and renamed a few files so that both itunes folders matched.
I upgraded the old HD in firewire enclosure to 10.6 and ran all updates on it. I then ran the app CleanApp (http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/) to remove programs from the old drive I didn't want any more. Migration agent was used transfer the applications. It appears 3rd party apps have the registration code transferred, but Pages asked for a reg. no.
With iTunes, i deleted the iTunes folder in Music on the new HD and then copied over the old iTunes folder. This worked and preserved all metadata.
edit- i should mention that Migration agent made a mess of transferring itunes. This could have been because i had my music files away from where itunes would normally find it. Before swapping itunes folders, I moved and renamed a few files so that both itunes folders matched.
miles01110
Apr 11, 01:23 PM
Err... perhaps you could be a bit more clear. If you actually have two connections to the internet, both of them connect to the internet...
more...
Mariusz1977
Mar 5, 09:41 PM
While running Handbrake, open the OSX Activity Monitor and look at the CPU usage meter (Command-2). Are both your processors maxed out at full? If so, then it's probably not a question of the Hard drive being too slow, as it's feeding the program with enough data to keep it running full blast.
cas85
Apr 26, 02:06 PM
first just select the cell you want to format. then click that little arrow that i circled in the image. in the dropdown, just select "numerical system" and you should be good to go. you can add decimal places also in that same menu.
more...
Smoothness
May 4, 11:50 PM
I have a booq Vyper xs3 sleeve for my 13" MBP. I'd recommend it to anybody. Great protection and not bulky at all.
may look into this, i got a regular sleeve. just for scratch protection.
may look into this, i got a regular sleeve. just for scratch protection.
robots3humans0
Apr 11, 07:30 PM
If you're looking for thin.. I'd say go with the pinlo slice 3. Doesn't do much for drop protection. Works for scratches though and looks pretty damn good. I've got one on my i4 and love it
more...
Dimwhit
Jan 14, 01:54 PM
Anyone know why they don't do like streams anymore? Is it a technology issue, or just the way they prefer it?
viperviper
Mar 22, 06:43 PM
Hey Guys!
I was surprised Ottawa wasn't up here already. Anyone planning on standing in the long lines this Friday? Where are you going? What time?
more...

Marques Houston Omari

Omarion#39;s tax problems stem

includes jennifer freeman
I was surprised Ottawa wasn't up here already. Anyone planning on standing in the long lines this Friday? Where are you going? What time?
more...
macbook123
Feb 20, 09:53 AM
I posted this question in an older thread but realized that the topic was somewhat different.
Here is my problem.
I am in the process of migrating my iPhoto pictures over to Aperture. Because I have close to 100k pictures and short clips, I can not import my entire 500 GB library at once because I don't have enough hard drive space to support both iPhoto and Aperture libraries at the same time. I also thought it might make sense to not have one gigantic library. Also I would like to have my old photos separated by years, and I don't know if Aperture would do this if I imported the entire iPhoto library (which does only separate them by events) at once. So it appears to me that the only import method that would work (please correct me if this is wrong) would be to open the "Masters" directory of iPhoto in the Finder, and drag and drop each year's directory into the "Projects/Library" panel in Aperture. Note that I do not want any editing information preserved from iPhoto, so using the Masters seems to be the most space efficient thing. So far so good but there appear to be at least two big snags. Firstly the yellow projects folders within each blue years folder in Aperture are not in chronological but in alphabetical order and I can't find out how to fix this. Secondly (and much more importantly) the dates on many old photos have been altered in an apparent random manner during the import into Aperture! Therefore they do appear in the wrong locations in my events library, according to the altered date. There are many too many photos that have been changed to undo this manually (I estimate it would take several weeks to do this).
But how and why could this have happened in the first place?
I also noticed that even when I change the dates of the Aperture masters to the true ones (by comparing to the masters in iPhoto), they still remain in the same wrong location in my Projects/Events library, according to the date originally (and falsely) assigned by Aperture.
There surely has to be a way to import photos into Aperture without ruining their date stamp?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Here is my problem.
I am in the process of migrating my iPhoto pictures over to Aperture. Because I have close to 100k pictures and short clips, I can not import my entire 500 GB library at once because I don't have enough hard drive space to support both iPhoto and Aperture libraries at the same time. I also thought it might make sense to not have one gigantic library. Also I would like to have my old photos separated by years, and I don't know if Aperture would do this if I imported the entire iPhoto library (which does only separate them by events) at once. So it appears to me that the only import method that would work (please correct me if this is wrong) would be to open the "Masters" directory of iPhoto in the Finder, and drag and drop each year's directory into the "Projects/Library" panel in Aperture. Note that I do not want any editing information preserved from iPhoto, so using the Masters seems to be the most space efficient thing. So far so good but there appear to be at least two big snags. Firstly the yellow projects folders within each blue years folder in Aperture are not in chronological but in alphabetical order and I can't find out how to fix this. Secondly (and much more importantly) the dates on many old photos have been altered in an apparent random manner during the import into Aperture! Therefore they do appear in the wrong locations in my events library, according to the altered date. There are many too many photos that have been changed to undo this manually (I estimate it would take several weeks to do this).
But how and why could this have happened in the first place?
I also noticed that even when I change the dates of the Aperture masters to the true ones (by comparing to the masters in iPhoto), they still remain in the same wrong location in my Projects/Events library, according to the date originally (and falsely) assigned by Aperture.
There surely has to be a way to import photos into Aperture without ruining their date stamp?
Thanks in advance for your help!
nerdykarim
Sep 23, 03:32 PM
Your in luck. There are a few in your price range with semi-reasonable shipping:
thanks for your help--unfortunately, i can't get reimbursed for an ebay purchase. so i need to buy from an actual store (not necessarily a bricks-and-mortar store, but an online store would work, also)
thanks for your help--unfortunately, i can't get reimbursed for an ebay purchase. so i need to buy from an actual store (not necessarily a bricks-and-mortar store, but an online store would work, also)

Kasalic
Mar 31, 02:33 AM
Can anyone give me the right amount to partition off for Windows XP+Games+Bootcamp?
Thanks in advance,
K.
Simple answer - No we can't.
Longer answer - Only you know how many games you will be wanting to install on XP, similar to the above poster, I only play one game which requires Windows, so I set mine to 40GB, which was enough for OS and the game.
One piece of advice I would give you is to partition your drive into 3, one for Mac OS, one for Windows and a third 'spare' partition. THat way if you find yourself running out of space on either Mac or Windows you can format the 'spare' partition appropriately, or even split the spare into two.
Thanks in advance,
K.
Simple answer - No we can't.
Longer answer - Only you know how many games you will be wanting to install on XP, similar to the above poster, I only play one game which requires Windows, so I set mine to 40GB, which was enough for OS and the game.
One piece of advice I would give you is to partition your drive into 3, one for Mac OS, one for Windows and a third 'spare' partition. THat way if you find yourself running out of space on either Mac or Windows you can format the 'spare' partition appropriately, or even split the spare into two.
timothysliao
Sep 8, 12:27 AM
Apple will announce Internet Radio capability on new iPod. With WiFi capability new iPods will able to tune into specially designated Internet Radio stations operated by Apple. And with one click listeners will able to purchase, via wireless download the song recently heard via the Apple Internet Radio channels. :o
rx7dude
Apr 25, 11:35 AM
Cool.
Any comments about the battery life?
Hard for me to say. I've only charged it twice since xmas. I only have 2GB card (22 mins at 720P 60hz). The battery is more than enough to fill that up a few times.
The anti shake feature works really well and is probably the main reason the footage is better than the Iphone 4.
Any comments about the battery life?
Hard for me to say. I've only charged it twice since xmas. I only have 2GB card (22 mins at 720P 60hz). The battery is more than enough to fill that up a few times.
The anti shake feature works really well and is probably the main reason the footage is better than the Iphone 4.
Gamdoan
Jan 9, 09:54 AM
Is it strange that I am more excited about iWork than iLife anymore as the only iLife app I use is iPhoto? I use Pages and Keynote all the time. Heck, I only use Word when absolutely necessary, and even though I'd like to see an Apple spreadsheet app in iWork, Excel is the best Micro$haft app. My business oriented mind does have that special place for Excel....
Okay, so here's hoping for a better iWork today, and that STeve gives it more time this year than the 15 seconds he did last year.
Okay, so here's hoping for a better iWork today, and that STeve gives it more time this year than the 15 seconds he did last year.
hollerz
Sep 7, 07:46 AM
Good thread, I'm also fairly obsessed with tagging and artwork :D
Mine are sorted into 5 genres and then use groupings as a kind of sub genre.
Anything that has a featured artist is put into the comments field (I think it looks so much cleaner than if it's "Song Name (Ft. Some Artist)")
All Bonus Tracks, B-Sides and Music Videos are set to Disc 2 and have no track number and are unchecked so they don't carry on playing once the album is finished. They also have comments saying which single the B-Side came from etc.
As much as I love iTunes I find it quite frustrating as it could be so much better. I'd love to be able to tag each song with multiple genres, as you said it can be hard to lump them into one category. And I wish you could "tag" a song with a music video, so instead of having two entries for "The Dead Dog", you'd just have the song within the album and have the little video icon on the right, which you'd click if you want to watch the video (if that makes sense!) :D
And while I'm at it... year, record label, and country of origin in the album artwork column please :P
Mine are sorted into 5 genres and then use groupings as a kind of sub genre.
Anything that has a featured artist is put into the comments field (I think it looks so much cleaner than if it's "Song Name (Ft. Some Artist)")
All Bonus Tracks, B-Sides and Music Videos are set to Disc 2 and have no track number and are unchecked so they don't carry on playing once the album is finished. They also have comments saying which single the B-Side came from etc.
As much as I love iTunes I find it quite frustrating as it could be so much better. I'd love to be able to tag each song with multiple genres, as you said it can be hard to lump them into one category. And I wish you could "tag" a song with a music video, so instead of having two entries for "The Dead Dog", you'd just have the song within the album and have the little video icon on the right, which you'd click if you want to watch the video (if that makes sense!) :D
And while I'm at it... year, record label, and country of origin in the album artwork column please :P
ReverendCharm
Mar 27, 08:01 PM
well i bought a new firewire cable thinking maybe that was the problem but now the dam external drive wont even show up on the desktop (or system profiler).. neither cable is able to bring the drive up on the desktop but it works fine with USB 2 ...it must be either my mac mini firewire port or the port on the drive and since i never used my firewire port on the mini before then my money is on the drive being faulty
No comments:
Post a Comment