jkmc
02-15 05:03 PM
Hi everyone.
i entered usa on j-1 visa. it expired on october 1, 2007. i got married a little before that - in the first week of september.
in november i filed i-130, i-485 together with AP and EAD. a week ago i received my AP and EAD. as i planned a trip to Europe for 3 weeks to see my parents - my wife consulted a lawyer (a friend of a friend). the lawyer said that i should not leave the country since i have been out of status since october 1st and it is now dangerously close to 6 months and if i leave i can get a 3 year bar and will not be admitted back. my i-130 and i-485 are still pending. my j-1 does not have 2 year rule.
PS. i did use search and didn't find a similar situation. my wife is freaked and i just wanted to hear second opinion from others.
will be very grateful.
thank you.
HI Surge
As far as i have understood , if you have filed your I485 before expiry of your I-94 then you are legal in the country and you can use your AP to travel.
i entered usa on j-1 visa. it expired on october 1, 2007. i got married a little before that - in the first week of september.
in november i filed i-130, i-485 together with AP and EAD. a week ago i received my AP and EAD. as i planned a trip to Europe for 3 weeks to see my parents - my wife consulted a lawyer (a friend of a friend). the lawyer said that i should not leave the country since i have been out of status since october 1st and it is now dangerously close to 6 months and if i leave i can get a 3 year bar and will not be admitted back. my i-130 and i-485 are still pending. my j-1 does not have 2 year rule.
PS. i did use search and didn't find a similar situation. my wife is freaked and i just wanted to hear second opinion from others.
will be very grateful.
thank you.
HI Surge
As far as i have understood , if you have filed your I485 before expiry of your I-94 then you are legal in the country and you can use your AP to travel.
wallpaper justin bieber wallpaper 2011
kart2007
05-21 09:02 PM
b. Do not make photocopies of official US Documents. Its a violation.
This is news to me.
This is news to me.
snowshoe
12-18 01:33 PM
I called Carnival, the CSR mentioned that I only need a passport and a US visa. However, their website says check with the country's embassy for immigration documents. I guess I will err on the side of caution and get Mexican tourist visa.
Buddy
When I took VISA and entered into Mexico and asked Mexican Immigration Officer please stamp my passport as I entered in Mexico, but he said if you are in Mexico for less than 72 hours then you don't need to take VISA or special permission if your stay is going to more than 72 hours then you need to take visiting VISA...I took it because I was going with my entire family...but I knew my collegues went to Mexico for stamping..without taking any Mexico VISA..hope this helps..if you need any additional info please let me know.
Thanks
Raj
Buddy
When I took VISA and entered into Mexico and asked Mexican Immigration Officer please stamp my passport as I entered in Mexico, but he said if you are in Mexico for less than 72 hours then you don't need to take VISA or special permission if your stay is going to more than 72 hours then you need to take visiting VISA...I took it because I was going with my entire family...but I knew my collegues went to Mexico for stamping..without taking any Mexico VISA..hope this helps..if you need any additional info please let me know.
Thanks
Raj
2011 justin bieber wallpaper 2011

calboy78
01-09 12:47 PM
which service center? You can ask your employer to ask USCIS as 140 is employer's application.
more...
Hassan11
03-26 11:53 AM
no, it is not the same position. the two positins have 2 different classifications and requirements. the first position (I have LC certified for) is a financial analyst which requires a bachelor degree. the second position is a senior financial analyst (for which LC was denied) which requires a masters degree and it is supervisory position. I asked my employer to request masters + 2 years experience for the senior position but lawyer said that my experience was acquired while working for the employer (while I was working as a financial analyst) so that experience can not count toward the senior position. this was a genuine promotion and not just to apply for EB2.
any feedback is appreciated.
There is a little chance to overcome this issue. Because of promotion in same occupation classification, one can not upgrade the education requirement to Master degree, if the same occupation required Bachelors degree in junior level. If your employer requested more experience (rather than education), probabaly they may approve the second LC, as it is geneune for asking more experience for senor level.
Now DOL and USCIS is tightening the requirement as everyone is shooting for higher requirement to apply in EB2.
any feedback is appreciated.
There is a little chance to overcome this issue. Because of promotion in same occupation classification, one can not upgrade the education requirement to Master degree, if the same occupation required Bachelors degree in junior level. If your employer requested more experience (rather than education), probabaly they may approve the second LC, as it is geneune for asking more experience for senor level.
Now DOL and USCIS is tightening the requirement as everyone is shooting for higher requirement to apply in EB2.
terpcurt
January 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Simple technique:-
Add a duplicate layer
Desaturate the top layer, make it the shade you like etc etc
select the eraser tool
make sure it's flowing 100% and you're viewing the picture at 100%
erase the area you want coloured and the colour from the bottom layer will come through.
flatten
bingo!!!
Like this??
Thanks for the quick lesson............... just another weapon in digital ...........
Add a duplicate layer
Desaturate the top layer, make it the shade you like etc etc
select the eraser tool
make sure it's flowing 100% and you're viewing the picture at 100%
erase the area you want coloured and the colour from the bottom layer will come through.
flatten
bingo!!!
Like this??
Thanks for the quick lesson............... just another weapon in digital ...........
more...
rb_248
07-23 08:55 AM
Friends-
One of my coleagues just got another FP notice yesterday. Did any July 2007 filers got second FP notice this year ? Does it mean that things are moving ?Please share your views.
Admin-
Please delete this thread if it generates a lot of negative responses.
Thanks
One of my coleagues just got another FP notice yesterday. Did any July 2007 filers got second FP notice this year ? Does it mean that things are moving ?Please share your views.
Admin-
Please delete this thread if it generates a lot of negative responses.
Thanks
2010 justin bieber backgrounds 2011
chanduv23
10-09 11:57 AM
I initially volunteered to steer the Arizona chapter but my job schedule has changed so much and now involves a lot of in-country and overseas traveling. Would someone please lead this chapter? I will attend any of the chapter activities whenever I am in the country.
U are a very dedicated IV member. Do stay active as much as possible.
Someone, please help fromnaija build this chapter.
U are a very dedicated IV member. Do stay active as much as possible.
Someone, please help fromnaija build this chapter.
more...
permfiling
02-01 09:52 PM
Hello there
I am student from Tri-valley university. On Jan 20th the college got shut down. I am working on CPT. I came to know about the shut down through my friends, with whom immigration officers met. Although no immigration officers contacted me by any means, my friends suggested me to look for another college and get enrolled as soon as within 30 days. While I tried to enroll in another college, I came to know that still the sevis is not yet released. Until the college releases our sevis, we are unable to enroll in any other college. We are elible to work only if we enroll into the college, get an I-20 and CPT. Now I am worried because until they release our sevis, the admissions in other colleges will meet deadline and what happens if they no more take admissions. Do you have any idea how long can it take for them to release our sevis ? Will it be safe for students like me hereafter to work fulltime on CPT ?
Thank you
Chaitanya
If you came to know that your school got shutdown from friends which indicates that you did not go physically to school. I myself was a student 10 yrs ago and I understand the hardships the student goes through but rules where rules always which are
1. Working on F1 without work authorization from school is deport able
2. Not maintaining grades also will result in loss of admission
It looks like your concern is to get a CPT to work rather then study. Until you are enrolled in school, you cannot work without proper authorization.
I am student from Tri-valley university. On Jan 20th the college got shut down. I am working on CPT. I came to know about the shut down through my friends, with whom immigration officers met. Although no immigration officers contacted me by any means, my friends suggested me to look for another college and get enrolled as soon as within 30 days. While I tried to enroll in another college, I came to know that still the sevis is not yet released. Until the college releases our sevis, we are unable to enroll in any other college. We are elible to work only if we enroll into the college, get an I-20 and CPT. Now I am worried because until they release our sevis, the admissions in other colleges will meet deadline and what happens if they no more take admissions. Do you have any idea how long can it take for them to release our sevis ? Will it be safe for students like me hereafter to work fulltime on CPT ?
Thank you
Chaitanya
If you came to know that your school got shutdown from friends which indicates that you did not go physically to school. I myself was a student 10 yrs ago and I understand the hardships the student goes through but rules where rules always which are
1. Working on F1 without work authorization from school is deport able
2. Not maintaining grades also will result in loss of admission
It looks like your concern is to get a CPT to work rather then study. Until you are enrolled in school, you cannot work without proper authorization.
hair justin bieber wallpapers 2011
Apollon
06-30 12:16 AM
The answer is that there are restrictions on using experience gained in the position with the same company. The reason being that you cannot say that the minimum requirement for the position is a BA + 5 when you were hired for the position with less than a BA + 5 experience.
If you use experience gained with the same company the PERM application will be audited. One way to respond to the audit is by showing that you are filing for a different position than the one you gained the experience in and that the position for which you are filing is not substantially comparable to the position where you gained the experience.
My suggestion to you is that you use an experienced immigration attorney that you trust. The laws and procedures involved in filing a PERM application are so complicated and subtle that there are many immigration law attorneys who do not handle PERM cases. I know there are lots of companies that fumble their way through the process without an attorney and are lucky enough not to get audited, but that is just trusting your future to the luck of the draw.
Thank you very much for prompt and precise response. The reason you listed makes perfect sense. However, my situation is a little different and I have a couple of questions, directly related to your answer:
1. As I've mentioned, I do have close to 10 years of accumulated overall experience in my field - only half of it came before I graduated. I was already employed in this field before I started college and during it, and I have experience letters from employers to back that up. The only thing is, since I didn't have a degree, my job title didn't include "engineer" in it, although I was working same field, doing similar jobs. So, it's not that when this sponsor hired me for this position I did not have 5 years of relevant experience in the field - I did, it's just that half of it came before I got the degree and unlike DOL EB2 requirement - my sponsor did not have the restriction for this experience to be post graduate.
My first question is: will this argument work with DOL, saying that when the sponsor hired me I had over 5 years of relevant experience (I can prove it), just not post graduate experience and that is why the sponsor claims this job indeed requires B.Sc. + 5 years experience, although for them it's OK if the experience didnt come after I got the degree?
2. Hypothetically speaking, lets say I found another consulting company, which is willing to apply for my green card through EB2 track, without transferring my H1 visa and before I actually start working for them - will I be able to count these 15 months of experience with current sponsor, when the new company (who I don't work for) will be applying for my green card through EB2?
If you use experience gained with the same company the PERM application will be audited. One way to respond to the audit is by showing that you are filing for a different position than the one you gained the experience in and that the position for which you are filing is not substantially comparable to the position where you gained the experience.
My suggestion to you is that you use an experienced immigration attorney that you trust. The laws and procedures involved in filing a PERM application are so complicated and subtle that there are many immigration law attorneys who do not handle PERM cases. I know there are lots of companies that fumble their way through the process without an attorney and are lucky enough not to get audited, but that is just trusting your future to the luck of the draw.
Thank you very much for prompt and precise response. The reason you listed makes perfect sense. However, my situation is a little different and I have a couple of questions, directly related to your answer:
1. As I've mentioned, I do have close to 10 years of accumulated overall experience in my field - only half of it came before I graduated. I was already employed in this field before I started college and during it, and I have experience letters from employers to back that up. The only thing is, since I didn't have a degree, my job title didn't include "engineer" in it, although I was working same field, doing similar jobs. So, it's not that when this sponsor hired me for this position I did not have 5 years of relevant experience in the field - I did, it's just that half of it came before I got the degree and unlike DOL EB2 requirement - my sponsor did not have the restriction for this experience to be post graduate.
My first question is: will this argument work with DOL, saying that when the sponsor hired me I had over 5 years of relevant experience (I can prove it), just not post graduate experience and that is why the sponsor claims this job indeed requires B.Sc. + 5 years experience, although for them it's OK if the experience didnt come after I got the degree?
2. Hypothetically speaking, lets say I found another consulting company, which is willing to apply for my green card through EB2 track, without transferring my H1 visa and before I actually start working for them - will I be able to count these 15 months of experience with current sponsor, when the new company (who I don't work for) will be applying for my green card through EB2?
more...

GcInLimbo
12-01 11:45 PM
Thanks for the response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
hot JUSTIN BIEBER 2011 WALLPAPER
GCard_Dream
07-09 02:07 AM
Both my wife and I applied for our AOS together during the July fiasco. My wife received a RFE for another medical exam today. We both did our medical at the same time and were submitted with the AOS application but only my wife received the RFE for medical. I did receive another RFE but not for medical.
Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?
Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?
more...
house i love justin bieber wallpaper
skagitswimmer
November 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I have one of those overpriced twirly brushes sold by Arctic Butterfly but have used it exactly once. Blower bulbs work fine. If you don't have a photo store nearby you can buy exactly the same thing at a drug store - except that it is white and called an ear syringe. Make sure you follow the camera directions for sensor cleaning - you will have to lock the mirror up to be able to direct the air at the sensor.
As for formatting, I generally format the card every time I put it back into the camera rather than delete the images at the desktop. I don't believe it does anything special to prevent problems but it is a just convenient of deleting photos and folders.
I have had one card fail completely.
As for formatting, I generally format the card every time I put it back into the camera rather than delete the images at the desktop. I don't believe it does anything special to prevent problems but it is a just convenient of deleting photos and folders.
I have had one card fail completely.
tattoo justin bieber wallpaper 2011
Refugee_New
07-25 12:05 PM
Gurus, tell me one thing.
After invoking AC21, what will happen if one is out of job at the time of RFE or NOID request from USCIS?
After invoking AC21, what will happen if one is out of job at the time of RFE or NOID request from USCIS?
more...
pictures justin bieber wallpapers 2011
wandmaker
06-19 07:08 AM
Folks,
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
Copy of your biometrics notice is enough in case of missing 485 receipt notices. And USCIS should be able to verify pending 485 with the A#.
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
Copy of your biometrics notice is enough in case of missing 485 receipt notices. And USCIS should be able to verify pending 485 with the A#.
dresses justin bieber backgrounds for
ash12
07-27 02:11 PM
Related to the questions on this thread.
What happens when:
AOS has been filed and it is more than 180 days AND
dependent has started working on EAD AND
primary applicant loses job
Case 1: primary applicant is also on EAD
Case 2: primary applicant continues on H1 without using EAD
Do the primary applicant and/or spouse become out of status in either of these situations? Can the primary applicant invoke AC21 and look for another job - how much time does he/she have? i.e. does the AOS filing provide primary applicant a cushion in case of job loss?
thanks!
What happens when:
AOS has been filed and it is more than 180 days AND
dependent has started working on EAD AND
primary applicant loses job
Case 1: primary applicant is also on EAD
Case 2: primary applicant continues on H1 without using EAD
Do the primary applicant and/or spouse become out of status in either of these situations? Can the primary applicant invoke AC21 and look for another job - how much time does he/she have? i.e. does the AOS filing provide primary applicant a cushion in case of job loss?
thanks!
more...
makeup Justin Bieber wallpaper
centaur
03-28 07:23 AM
Its a report from your employer saying how many people responded, how many were INTERVIEWED and why were citizens not given your position, if they applied for it , based on the recruitment drive. If there were responses, company has no choice but to conduct interviews and come with a legitimate reason for turnig down citizens. So your lawyer is right.
Pay your lawyer after the work is done, not before, or pay in installments. That keeps the pressure on them.
Hello,
My PERM ad was placed and the lawyer said there are responses and company will have to take recruitment steps before he can file.
Company say he has done recruitment and sent report to lawyer. Lawyer says no, I have not received recruitment report. What is this recruitment report ? Is the PERM application not strong if there are responses.
I am really struggling between lawyer and company. Any thoughts. They seem to be dodging me after taking money. If i have some details from experinced gurus, I can talk to them. Else, they just delay after taking legal fee.
Please help
Pay your lawyer after the work is done, not before, or pay in installments. That keeps the pressure on them.
Hello,
My PERM ad was placed and the lawyer said there are responses and company will have to take recruitment steps before he can file.
Company say he has done recruitment and sent report to lawyer. Lawyer says no, I have not received recruitment report. What is this recruitment report ? Is the PERM application not strong if there are responses.
I am really struggling between lawyer and company. Any thoughts. They seem to be dodging me after taking money. If i have some details from experinced gurus, I can talk to them. Else, they just delay after taking legal fee.
Please help
girlfriend dresses justin bieber desktop
Hinglish
01-07 09:21 PM
Hello miss neha ,
Based on your post ....somehow I seriously doubt that you even got accepted into a premium university for MBA in the US of A ... are you sure its really premium? ... How the hell did a premium university accept an essay with such dastardly atrocious english???
your question is interesting .... and a premium university MBA person should be able to decipher the basic H1B regulations ....
The short answer ... yes if you already have a H1B visa and started work on it , you will be "cap-exempt" for subsequent "transfers" ...
Regards
Hinglish
I did my MBA in one of the premium university in USA.
My OPT was ending in May 2008, However since I was in cap-gap, I got a new I-20 from my school till 30-Sep-2008 and I continued working on my I-20 with my previous employer.
I applied for H1-B in FY 2008 under master quota from a small consulting company B.
My case went into RFE so I left USA on 30-Sep-2008.
I got a approved petition on 23-Nov 2008 . I went to New Delhi consulate for H1-B stamping. However I got a Blue 221 G slip. I never submitted any document as the consultant who applied for my visa , needs lots of time to process the documents. In the mean time I got another offer from one of the fortune 500 companies in USA. I am just exploring the possibility of H1-B transfer in this case. Ofcourse they will file a new H1-B application but would I be cap-exempt in this case?
Thanks,
Neha
Based on your post ....somehow I seriously doubt that you even got accepted into a premium university for MBA in the US of A ... are you sure its really premium? ... How the hell did a premium university accept an essay with such dastardly atrocious english???
your question is interesting .... and a premium university MBA person should be able to decipher the basic H1B regulations ....
The short answer ... yes if you already have a H1B visa and started work on it , you will be "cap-exempt" for subsequent "transfers" ...
Regards
Hinglish
I did my MBA in one of the premium university in USA.
My OPT was ending in May 2008, However since I was in cap-gap, I got a new I-20 from my school till 30-Sep-2008 and I continued working on my I-20 with my previous employer.
I applied for H1-B in FY 2008 under master quota from a small consulting company B.
My case went into RFE so I left USA on 30-Sep-2008.
I got a approved petition on 23-Nov 2008 . I went to New Delhi consulate for H1-B stamping. However I got a Blue 221 G slip. I never submitted any document as the consultant who applied for my visa , needs lots of time to process the documents. In the mean time I got another offer from one of the fortune 500 companies in USA. I am just exploring the possibility of H1-B transfer in this case. Ofcourse they will file a new H1-B application but would I be cap-exempt in this case?
Thanks,
Neha
hairstyles JUSTIN BIEBER WALLPAPER 2011
capriol
07-06 02:32 PM
you should be fine. do you have a valid transit visa? i think you need to have one if you are travelling through the European Union.
Dear friends,
I received all the three responses to my queries on AP travel. All three of you have confirmed the same. Thanks a lot, I feel a lot better now. Although, as one of you mentioned about a transit visa through the EU, I will be waiting within the Amsterdam airport for 3 hours to take the connecting U.S flight, and so I don't think I need a transit visa. Thanks a lot.
Dear friends,
I received all the three responses to my queries on AP travel. All three of you have confirmed the same. Thanks a lot, I feel a lot better now. Although, as one of you mentioned about a transit visa through the EU, I will be waiting within the Amsterdam airport for 3 hours to take the connecting U.S flight, and so I don't think I need a transit visa. Thanks a lot.
Roger Binny
08-11 06:48 AM
Answers in bold...
Gurus,
A very close friend of mine has filed EB3-I 485 with Sep 2003 PD. The job, at present, requires EB2 level qualifications, however, the employer is not too keen on sponsoring a change to EB2.
So, what options do we have ?
a) when is EB3-I Sep 2003 PD likely to be come current? 12m? 18m from now?
- As usual no one knows
b) can AC21 approach be used to port this to a EB2 category ?
- Can you be more elaborate on this
c) can his spouse separately file for EB2-I PERM, I140 and file for 485?
(I am assuming that EB2-I will be current approximately around this time next year).
- If he/she is working and qualifies for EB2-I, certainly one can apply during the I-485 stage i guess one can go for a cross charge-ability (not sure of the word) but yes i have seen posts where one can use the spouse's 485 priority dates.
Thanks.
Gurus,
A very close friend of mine has filed EB3-I 485 with Sep 2003 PD. The job, at present, requires EB2 level qualifications, however, the employer is not too keen on sponsoring a change to EB2.
So, what options do we have ?
a) when is EB3-I Sep 2003 PD likely to be come current? 12m? 18m from now?
- As usual no one knows
b) can AC21 approach be used to port this to a EB2 category ?
- Can you be more elaborate on this
c) can his spouse separately file for EB2-I PERM, I140 and file for 485?
(I am assuming that EB2-I will be current approximately around this time next year).
- If he/she is working and qualifies for EB2-I, certainly one can apply during the I-485 stage i guess one can go for a cross charge-ability (not sure of the word) but yes i have seen posts where one can use the spouse's 485 priority dates.
Thanks.
Kumbakonam
11-30 11:55 AM
As the IO officers explained to you, instead of approving some other document(s), USCIS wrongly approved your I-485 application.
Regards
K
Regards
K
No comments:
Post a Comment