sameet
09-15 12:20 PM
Lets get statistics on numbers on pending I-485 application for EB2-India by year of PD.
My PD is Aug 06 .. post yours :-)
Can we start one for EB3 - India too?
My PD is Aug 06 .. post yours :-)
Can we start one for EB3 - India too?
helpful_leo
06-17 01:44 PM
..if someone started now?
If a major corporation (i.e. bonafide company, no fraud, etc) started the labor process for an employee tomorrow, how long (in a ballpark sense) would it take before the person could file for I140 and I1485 concurrently?
...and do you think the dates wd remain current (for India) till then? And is there anything that can be done from the employee or employer's side to speed up the process? All comments will be appreciated.
Thanks all for your time
leo
If a major corporation (i.e. bonafide company, no fraud, etc) started the labor process for an employee tomorrow, how long (in a ballpark sense) would it take before the person could file for I140 and I1485 concurrently?
...and do you think the dates wd remain current (for India) till then? And is there anything that can be done from the employee or employer's side to speed up the process? All comments will be appreciated.
Thanks all for your time
leo

walking_dude
12-05 04:53 PM
If I'm not wrong AILF is the litigation arm of AILA, meaning AILF is a subsidiary of AILA. Not an independent org.
AILF is a non-profit organization. You are probably right regarding AILA :)
AILF is a non-profit organization. You are probably right regarding AILA :)
greencardvow
08-03 06:59 PM
H1B and 485 are two different processes. H1B extension has nothing to do with your 485 filing. If the priority dates are not current at the time of filing H1B extension and 140 is approved you are eligible for 3 year extension...
Fire your company lawyer for incorrect information.
Fire your company lawyer for incorrect information.
more...

sareesh
03-30 08:10 AM
Thank You all for your feedback and I am still not clear if I can attend Halifax for my H1B visa, which is expired on 12/09/2006(from company A).
txh1b
08-17 05:39 PM
One looks like a PM position involving lot of admin stuff and the other sounds technical enough. May have problems using AC21.
more...
senthil1
02-19 12:27 PM
In the case of retrogession it is always better to apply EB2 if job description requires Master degree and if the candidate has approved master degree. Past history shows EB2 is atleast 2 years ahead of EB3 for India even if it is moving slower. But if you think any problem in eligiblity then it is better to apply EB3.
One question for I-140 for EB-2 versus EB-3.
If one applies for EB-2 at I-140 stage under premium processing and they turn it down. Does the application automatically go into EB-3, or do they ask you to re-apply for EB-3 at I-140? In that case, I am guessing that the premium processing fees that one has paid for EB-2 goes down the drian, right?
Please confirm your views, as I have heard different versions.
Thanks!
One question for I-140 for EB-2 versus EB-3.
If one applies for EB-2 at I-140 stage under premium processing and they turn it down. Does the application automatically go into EB-3, or do they ask you to re-apply for EB-3 at I-140? In that case, I am guessing that the premium processing fees that one has paid for EB-2 goes down the drian, right?
Please confirm your views, as I have heard different versions.
Thanks!
pxu7728
07-20 07:32 PM
cut paste from website : murthy
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intead.html
Interim EAD Procedure
Posted Feb 23, 2007
�MurthyDotCom
The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has advised that they have instituted a new procedure for issuing interim Employment Authorization Documents (EADs). These are appropriate in situations where the EAD request has been pending for at least 90 days. The expected termination of interim EADs at local USCIS offices was reported in our June 30, 2006 MurthyBulletin article, June 2006 Conference Update: Interim EADs to End, available on MurthyDotCom.
�MurthyDotCom
The new procedure requires that an individual go to the local USCIS office to make the interim EAD request. The local office then will contact the VSC. The VSC will review the file and try to adjudicate the initial EAD application and avoid the need for an interim EAD. If they cannot complete the initial application, however, they can issue an interim EAD.
�MurthyDotCom
The interim EAD will not be issued if there are "national security issues." Therefore, if the case is held up due to security concerns, there may be instances where the interim EAD is not given. Whether or not it is issued depends upon the severity of the security matter.
�MurthyDotCom
This procedure will help some people with delayed EADs. MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who will be renewing their EADs should not wait until they are close to their expiration dates to request new ones. We recommend filing four months in advance to avoid a lapse in employment authorization.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intead.html
Interim EAD Procedure
Posted Feb 23, 2007
�MurthyDotCom
The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has advised that they have instituted a new procedure for issuing interim Employment Authorization Documents (EADs). These are appropriate in situations where the EAD request has been pending for at least 90 days. The expected termination of interim EADs at local USCIS offices was reported in our June 30, 2006 MurthyBulletin article, June 2006 Conference Update: Interim EADs to End, available on MurthyDotCom.
�MurthyDotCom
The new procedure requires that an individual go to the local USCIS office to make the interim EAD request. The local office then will contact the VSC. The VSC will review the file and try to adjudicate the initial EAD application and avoid the need for an interim EAD. If they cannot complete the initial application, however, they can issue an interim EAD.
�MurthyDotCom
The interim EAD will not be issued if there are "national security issues." Therefore, if the case is held up due to security concerns, there may be instances where the interim EAD is not given. Whether or not it is issued depends upon the severity of the security matter.
�MurthyDotCom
This procedure will help some people with delayed EADs. MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who will be renewing their EADs should not wait until they are close to their expiration dates to request new ones. We recommend filing four months in advance to avoid a lapse in employment authorization.
more...
payur
03-10 07:37 AM
I guess I should agree with Jerrome because I am going to India 2 weeks from now and My friend who recently had been to India mentioned the same. I have asked the same question to my immigration lawyer, I will post it when I get a reply.
In mean time I have another question, My flight is from Chicago to Delhi, but I have to take a loacl flight from Miami to Chicago, all my international baggage check in's are at the Miami. My question here is should I surrender the I-94 at Miami since I am doing all my International baggage check in's or should it be in Chicago.
Please let me know if anybody had this situation.
-Success.
In mean time I have another question, My flight is from Chicago to Delhi, but I have to take a loacl flight from Miami to Chicago, all my international baggage check in's are at the Miami. My question here is should I surrender the I-94 at Miami since I am doing all my International baggage check in's or should it be in Chicago.
Please let me know if anybody had this situation.
-Success.
martinvisalaw
10-15 03:47 PM
I have had situations where CIS has issued more than one RFE, but only about twice in 12 years of immigration practice.
more...
senthil1
04-08 02:15 AM
I think all the issue will be resolved if number 5 is done. No need for H1 extension, and even there is a in efficiency in USCIS you can get gc within 3 years if they double or triple EB quota. So no need to meet President just meet Congressmen and try pressing them to increase EB quota.
Can we get an appointment with the President and explain the problems faced by EB immigrants....
1. Travel restrictions (no travel during H1 extension etc..)
2. Driver license issues
3. Wasted Visa numbers
4. Inefficiency of USCIS
5. Need to increase EB quota
I know that law makers should make these changes, but President has a strong voice and if he hears our pathetic position, he may do something, just a hope :rolleyes:
Can we get an appointment with the President and explain the problems faced by EB immigrants....
1. Travel restrictions (no travel during H1 extension etc..)
2. Driver license issues
3. Wasted Visa numbers
4. Inefficiency of USCIS
5. Need to increase EB quota
I know that law makers should make these changes, but President has a strong voice and if he hears our pathetic position, he may do something, just a hope :rolleyes:
FredG
January 31st, 2005, 12:09 PM
(not a tight crop, which is probably what it sounded like I meant).The difference was probably in my interpretation, rather than in your presentation.
more...

rpulipati
10-05 03:11 PM
I had similar situation in labor process. The new company attorney mentioned me to do an amendment for labor processing, however I was reluctant and did not continue with it. An year later on pending labor, I received RFE: something like unable to find company. Attorney then sent the company acquisition details. Months later labor got approved.
Talk to your attorney.
Talk to your attorney.
akred
06-23 01:38 AM
Generating receipt may take 7-8 days but if they open it
Monday June 25th they may reject it saying its not current .... ??
That rejection will probably come back after 7 days too :-)
Yeah, its not worth the risk. Just curious about how this timeline works though.
Monday June 25th they may reject it saying its not current .... ??
That rejection will probably come back after 7 days too :-)
Yeah, its not worth the risk. Just curious about how this timeline works though.
more...

lskreddy
11-18 07:20 PM
Do not mean to hijack the thread but the question hopefully is related.
When I submitted my 485 application, my wife and I requested just the EADs. We have the receipt notice as well as the EAD in our hands. Our FP is done as well.
We are now submitting our AP applications. If anyone has submitted late like myself in the recent past, I would appreciate this information.
1.) Could anyone let me know the appropriate documents for this?
2.) Also, what are the fees associated with it, especially with all the old vs new stuff?
Thanks much.
When I submitted my 485 application, my wife and I requested just the EADs. We have the receipt notice as well as the EAD in our hands. Our FP is done as well.
We are now submitting our AP applications. If anyone has submitted late like myself in the recent past, I would appreciate this information.
1.) Could anyone let me know the appropriate documents for this?
2.) Also, what are the fees associated with it, especially with all the old vs new stuff?
Thanks much.
chanduv23
06-18 02:24 PM
I received the very heartbreaking news that my EB3 PERM application filed OCT 2007 (with audit) was denied. Audit was requesting a copy of the Newspaper AD which the lawyer sent last NOV 2007. Reson for denial was because the copy that the DOL recieved was not clear and some words as part of the Newspaper name was missing.... An appeal will be filed soon.
Any suggestions from the gurus?
I have bachelors with more than 5 years of experience, is it adviseable to file new PERM under EB2 category?
For people who filed motion for an appeal, could you please post your feedbacks/experiences?
Appeal or motion is specific to USCIS - not sure how this is done with DOL. Try asking in lawyer section
Any suggestions from the gurus?
I have bachelors with more than 5 years of experience, is it adviseable to file new PERM under EB2 category?
For people who filed motion for an appeal, could you please post your feedbacks/experiences?
Appeal or motion is specific to USCIS - not sure how this is done with DOL. Try asking in lawyer section
more...
linuxra
09-24 07:52 AM
Hi All,
Thanks in Advance...
I got an email from USCIS that my and my wife's I-485 got RFE''s
I files my 485 through lawyer,I recently moved to new location...
Will the rfe notice come to me or my lawyer...
I updated the old address on the day i got RFE notice?
Please advise...
Thanks in Advance...
I got an email from USCIS that my and my wife's I-485 got RFE''s
I files my 485 through lawyer,I recently moved to new location...
Will the rfe notice come to me or my lawyer...
I updated the old address on the day i got RFE notice?
Please advise...
ItIsNotFunny
09-22 03:06 PM
Please post how many people you called!
Trent Franks (R-Ariz.)202- 225-4576
Steve King (R-Iowa)202- 225-4426 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Mike Pence (R-Ind.) 202-225-3021
Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) 202-225-3035
Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas), Ranking Member 202- 225-4236 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) 202-225-2216
Chris Cannon (R-Utah)202- 225-7751
Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) 202-225-2676
Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.)202- 225-5431
J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.)202- 225-6365
Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) 202-225-2706 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Ric Keller (R-Fla.)202- 225-2176
Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.)202- 225-5811
Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)202- 225-3906 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Dan Lungren (R-Calif.)202- 225-5716
Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) 202-225-5911
Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.)202- 225-4176
Rick Boucher (D-Va.) 202-225-3861
Robert C. Scott (D-Va.) (202) 225-8351
Betty Sutton (D-Ohio) 202-225-3401
Howard Coble (R-N.C.) 202-225-3065
Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)202- 225-3265
John Conyers (D-Mich.), Chairman 202-225-5126
William D. Delahunt (D-Mass.)202- 225-3111
Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) 202-225-4755
Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)202- 225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.) 202-225-4695
Trent Franks (R-Ariz.)202- 225-4576
Steve King (R-Iowa)202- 225-4426 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Mike Pence (R-Ind.) 202-225-3021
Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) 202-225-3035
Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas), Ranking Member 202- 225-4236 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) 202-225-2216
Chris Cannon (R-Utah)202- 225-7751
Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) 202-225-2676
Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.)202- 225-5431
J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.)202- 225-6365
Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) 202-225-2706 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Ric Keller (R-Fla.)202- 225-2176
Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.)202- 225-5811
Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)202- 225-3906 (NOT IN FAVOR)
Dan Lungren (R-Calif.)202- 225-5716
Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) 202-225-5911
Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.)202- 225-4176
Rick Boucher (D-Va.) 202-225-3861
Robert C. Scott (D-Va.) (202) 225-8351
Betty Sutton (D-Ohio) 202-225-3401
Howard Coble (R-N.C.) 202-225-3065
Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)202- 225-3265
John Conyers (D-Mich.), Chairman 202-225-5126
William D. Delahunt (D-Mass.)202- 225-3111
Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) 202-225-4755
Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)202- 225-8203
Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.) 202-225-4695
askreddy
12-11 11:57 PM
Hi
My wife need to travel to india urgently. Our visa/I94 expired in Oct. We already applied 485 and is pending.
1) Will there be any issue at airpot as I94 is expired.A xerox copy of 485 receipt is sufficient.
2) Does she need to travel any path in this case( I heard thru London is issue if visa is expired.France/Amsterdam Etcc..)
Thanks in advance.
Sree
My wife need to travel to india urgently. Our visa/I94 expired in Oct. We already applied 485 and is pending.
1) Will there be any issue at airpot as I94 is expired.A xerox copy of 485 receipt is sufficient.
2) Does she need to travel any path in this case( I heard thru London is issue if visa is expired.France/Amsterdam Etcc..)
Thanks in advance.
Sree
hnordberg
October 24th, 2005, 12:40 AM
A weekend based in the City? If the weather is good, Marin, Point Reyes, and urban shooting... If the weather is bad, the city museums, food, and entertainment...
Sounds great. I haven't been to Point Reyes in a while and maybe we can get some shots of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Marin Headlands at sunset.
I'll share my bag of glass ;)
Cool! You can borrow my new lenspen! ;)
I don't have as much glass as you do, but I'll bring my 5D, which I am still very excited about.
I am available most weekends. How about you Bob, Kevin, others? It would be great to meet you all.
Sounds great. I haven't been to Point Reyes in a while and maybe we can get some shots of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Marin Headlands at sunset.
I'll share my bag of glass ;)
Cool! You can borrow my new lenspen! ;)
I don't have as much glass as you do, but I'll bring my 5D, which I am still very excited about.
I am available most weekends. How about you Bob, Kevin, others? It would be great to meet you all.
helpfriends
04-15 11:23 AM
L1A non-immigrant visa. Thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment