bindas74
01-17 06:15 PM
I see that Dream Act folks are trying to get > 60000 points, to showcase their support. We need to match for the posts like Legal Immigration in there. Currently the top posts for "legal immigration" are around 2000 points. Not many ppl are not taking interest.
Please vote up on our causes! Easy job..but please act!
I think anti-immigrant groups are voting down on pro-immigrant policies. So, one should vote down on all anti-immigrant policies as well. Just voting up on pro-immigrantion policies wont help I guess
Please vote up on our causes! Easy job..but please act!
I think anti-immigrant groups are voting down on pro-immigrant policies. So, one should vote down on all anti-immigrant policies as well. Just voting up on pro-immigrantion policies wont help I guess
wallpaper Content on this page requires
boldm28
05-19 11:35 AM
According to murthy, several of these cases were tied to companies that are under fraud investigations
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
this company is def not under fraud investigations .. this company has operations in asiapac/ europe/Canada .. and is among the top level companies like info and hcl ..
believe me those ICE officers would grind u down in a minute .. put yourself in the victims shoes .. and i am sure they(CBP) said ok you dont want to sign this document .. lets take you guys to the holding cell and u can wait for your turn ( whenever that comes) in front of the judge .. that can take 90 days .. nobody wants to go that route
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
this company is def not under fraud investigations .. this company has operations in asiapac/ europe/Canada .. and is among the top level companies like info and hcl ..
believe me those ICE officers would grind u down in a minute .. put yourself in the victims shoes .. and i am sure they(CBP) said ok you dont want to sign this document .. lets take you guys to the holding cell and u can wait for your turn ( whenever that comes) in front of the judge .. that can take 90 days .. nobody wants to go that route
singhsa3
02-28 10:20 AM
Renewal of one of my friend got rejected on the ground of FP unavailability see my post "Biometric Issue: EAD renewal denied"
2011 Content on this page requires
nashorn
08-12 03:02 PM
They are still processing application received on July 2nd now. I bet none of the application received on July 3rd and later has not been opened yet. So they are safe.
Yeah so far only TWO notices though. I am seriously beginning to wonder if filers between July 2 - July 17 are actually going to be penalized coz NOTHING in USCIS is ever "FIFO".
Yeah so far only TWO notices though. I am seriously beginning to wonder if filers between July 2 - July 17 are actually going to be penalized coz NOTHING in USCIS is ever "FIFO".
more...
thomachan72
09-01 02:05 PM
Got the email this morning...
EB2I
PD : 10/04
RD : 07/02/07
Beat the 10 year deadline by couple of months :)
Congrads!! you seem to be lucky. I noticed that several other of our regular posters have PDs earlier than you and are still waiting. Why do you say 10 years? your PD is 04 so that makes it 5 years :D:D
EB2I
PD : 10/04
RD : 07/02/07
Beat the 10 year deadline by couple of months :)
Congrads!! you seem to be lucky. I noticed that several other of our regular posters have PDs earlier than you and are still waiting. Why do you say 10 years? your PD is 04 so that makes it 5 years :D:D
kiru_99
10-30 02:25 PM
I called the USCIS they told me that it is rejected b'couse of Filing Fee. I left a message to my lawyer & my employer they didn't get back to me yet. Waiting for there reply
more...
Axilleus
10-23 11:36 AM
I found that EADs from NSC are being issued for filers until Aug13, as of now. I guess the processing time is like a week and half of the week, for every day. So you could be getting in 3 weeks.
Just wondering how do you know that EADs are being issued for Aug 13 filers?
Just wondering how do you know that EADs are being issued for Aug 13 filers?
2010 Lizzie Cundy in Swimwear
Rsamuga
07-24 04:31 PM
Hi -
Thank you guys ...I really appreciate your prompt response for this query...
Answer for Punjabi's question-
My old employer is a very small body shopping company and so far he was never successful for finding me any client/project. I have to find the client by myself. Now, me getting married in the next few months, I have an additional responsibility to take care of. If I join him, with the current market condition, if he is not able to find any client I don't want to sit on bench for few weeks/months without getting paid (especially when you are newly married, you have more expenses than being single) and keep moving once in few months to different places with the family.
Also, he pays the paycheck only when the client pays to him. So every time there will be a gap of 45 days where I need to wait for the paycheck.
I have been at this Employer as permanent for the last 3 years and they know what I can do and they keep giving me new project/responsibility to take care of & also the chances of growth is more. If I work as a consultant, I need to keep thinking will my client extend my contract after 5~ 6 months....or not ???? what if I get a project with the lesser billing rate etc etc...
Last but not least, my old employer does not provide a good medical/health/Dental insurance + benefits. I get all these stuffs with my current employer.
With considering all these points, I'm planning to stick on to the current employer and apply for the new GC process.
Once again thanks for your responses.....
Thank you guys ...I really appreciate your prompt response for this query...
Answer for Punjabi's question-
My old employer is a very small body shopping company and so far he was never successful for finding me any client/project. I have to find the client by myself. Now, me getting married in the next few months, I have an additional responsibility to take care of. If I join him, with the current market condition, if he is not able to find any client I don't want to sit on bench for few weeks/months without getting paid (especially when you are newly married, you have more expenses than being single) and keep moving once in few months to different places with the family.
Also, he pays the paycheck only when the client pays to him. So every time there will be a gap of 45 days where I need to wait for the paycheck.
I have been at this Employer as permanent for the last 3 years and they know what I can do and they keep giving me new project/responsibility to take care of & also the chances of growth is more. If I work as a consultant, I need to keep thinking will my client extend my contract after 5~ 6 months....or not ???? what if I get a project with the lesser billing rate etc etc...
Last but not least, my old employer does not provide a good medical/health/Dental insurance + benefits. I get all these stuffs with my current employer.
With considering all these points, I'm planning to stick on to the current employer and apply for the new GC process.
Once again thanks for your responses.....
more...
perujames
01-12 10:32 PM
I browsed the site gtrr.net you mentioned. I applied and also tried to contact the numbers few times but not getting any response.
I am currently in US on H4. I am qualified teacher and also worked in India. Regarding my qualifications I completed B.Ed and MSc from India. I am looking for applying for H1 this year. I really appreciate if you can give some details regarding any companies that can file for H1B for teachers.
I am currently in US on H4. I am qualified teacher and also worked in India. Regarding my qualifications I completed B.Ed and MSc from India. I am looking for applying for H1 this year. I really appreciate if you can give some details regarding any companies that can file for H1B for teachers.
hair Lizzie Cundy; Shayne Ward
krishnam70
05-04 10:12 PM
Hi All,
I used to commute across the border from Canada to work(on h1b) between 2004 and 2006. My passport was stamped just the first time and never after that.
In 2006 we moved to US by road and started living here. Haven't left States since then. Our passports were checked as usual but not stamped at the border although the U-Haul I was driving was inspected and our luggage and other stuff was inspected too.
Now I have received a RFE from USCIS on our pending I- 485's that were filed last August. They want us to prove that our last date of entry was indeed what we have entered in the I-485 form.
Any suggestions on how to respond to this RFE.
Thanks
It happened to me too, though my attorney advised to correct this before filing our 485. I was forced to take a vacation by my employer to go out of country and enter getting us a new I-94. Do u have any inspection documents etc that were given at the POE you might be able to provide that as proof.
- cheers
kris
I used to commute across the border from Canada to work(on h1b) between 2004 and 2006. My passport was stamped just the first time and never after that.
In 2006 we moved to US by road and started living here. Haven't left States since then. Our passports were checked as usual but not stamped at the border although the U-Haul I was driving was inspected and our luggage and other stuff was inspected too.
Now I have received a RFE from USCIS on our pending I- 485's that were filed last August. They want us to prove that our last date of entry was indeed what we have entered in the I-485 form.
Any suggestions on how to respond to this RFE.
Thanks
It happened to me too, though my attorney advised to correct this before filing our 485. I was forced to take a vacation by my employer to go out of country and enter getting us a new I-94. Do u have any inspection documents etc that were given at the POE you might be able to provide that as proof.
- cheers
kris
more...
sangmami
08-15 09:10 PM
hi,
where do we get to read the receipt number from the back of the check ?..i see so many ppl write that they cud get the receipt number from the back of the check and with that the cud track the fate of receipt notice.The back of my cleared check has so many numbers but they are all overlapping and unreadable.Do any1 else has the same issue?
can any1 tell what is the window period b ween check clearance and recipt notice?
Thanks.
where do we get to read the receipt number from the back of the check ?..i see so many ppl write that they cud get the receipt number from the back of the check and with that the cud track the fate of receipt notice.The back of my cleared check has so many numbers but they are all overlapping and unreadable.Do any1 else has the same issue?
can any1 tell what is the window period b ween check clearance and recipt notice?
Thanks.
hot Elizabeth quot;Lizziequot; Cundy#39;s
jingi1234
08-19 05:30 PM
Hi Friends,
My PD is Mar, 2005 filed under EB2. Me & My wife got an RFE asking status for a particular period [like May 01, xxxx to Feb xxxx]. These dates exactly fall under just one month before graduation to OPT expiration.
For my case �.. no issues providing evidence and everything is straight forward.
But for my wife �.we have some issue (I think)
USCIS wants her status from May 01, 2003 to Mar 01 2006.
She graduated on May 23, 2003. She used 60 days grace period before applying for EAD.
OPT from July 31, 2003 to July 30, 2004 [exactly one year and was looking for job�didn't find one]
We filed H1B in April, 2004 so that she can start working from Oct, 2004 [H1B approved for Oct 2004 to Sep 2007 ..extension approved too�]
But No status from July 31, 2004 to Sep 30, 2004 [USCIS issued a gap relief for all the F1 students like this]�.
What are odds that her case might we rejected�any opinions here.
Thanks,
Jingi
My PD is Mar, 2005 filed under EB2. Me & My wife got an RFE asking status for a particular period [like May 01, xxxx to Feb xxxx]. These dates exactly fall under just one month before graduation to OPT expiration.
For my case �.. no issues providing evidence and everything is straight forward.
But for my wife �.we have some issue (I think)
USCIS wants her status from May 01, 2003 to Mar 01 2006.
She graduated on May 23, 2003. She used 60 days grace period before applying for EAD.
OPT from July 31, 2003 to July 30, 2004 [exactly one year and was looking for job�didn't find one]
We filed H1B in April, 2004 so that she can start working from Oct, 2004 [H1B approved for Oct 2004 to Sep 2007 ..extension approved too�]
But No status from July 31, 2004 to Sep 30, 2004 [USCIS issued a gap relief for all the F1 students like this]�.
What are odds that her case might we rejected�any opinions here.
Thanks,
Jingi
more...
house lizzie cundy
MAC
March 28th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Goin ok Indy-bud! Travelin lots! Did a shoot! Looks like your site is doin really well now! Nice goin!
MAC
MAC
tattoo camp it up on lizzie cundy
arnet
11-22 09:28 PM
this issue has been discussed before in IV. please check the following threads and also search for "FOIA" keyword in this forum you will find couple of threads regd this issue.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1206&highlight=foia
Dear my friends Can I get copy of LC filing copy and 45 letter copy through
FOIA? I recently got laid off after working 4 years in same company. My employer is refusing to give LC filing copy. In my knowledge to get new H1 as I am 8th year extension from my new employer, I need to have copy of LC filing. I am in dilemma; please guide me if you can. I will really appreciate any guidance from 1V members.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1206&highlight=foia
Dear my friends Can I get copy of LC filing copy and 45 letter copy through
FOIA? I recently got laid off after working 4 years in same company. My employer is refusing to give LC filing copy. In my knowledge to get new H1 as I am 8th year extension from my new employer, I need to have copy of LC filing. I am in dilemma; please guide me if you can. I will really appreciate any guidance from 1V members.
more...
pictures Lizzie Cundy and Gail Porter
gc_on_demand
08-03 10:46 AM
See my new Signature..
dresses Staying strong: Lizzie Cundy,
WeShallOvercome
07-23 02:14 PM
C. UHRMACHER @ 8:26am on July 2
No particular significance but I think it is just to relieve some nerves... If there are other applicants signed by the same person, you can be sure your file reached the right place :) (Or you are not alone if your lawyer screwed up and sent it to wrong address)
No particular significance but I think it is just to relieve some nerves... If there are other applicants signed by the same person, you can be sure your file reached the right place :) (Or you are not alone if your lawyer screwed up and sent it to wrong address)
more...
makeup Lizzie Cundy, TV broadcaster

Pineapple
08-05 11:53 PM
I put in "maybe", because I'm not sure of my schedule.. (I have to travel monday to friday..every freaking week.. I hate it more than you can imagine, but I don't have a choice there).. if my schedule changes, I'll be there for sure. I've updated my profile.
girlfriend Bond girl Lizzie Cundy,
willgetgc2005
03-22 07:38 PM
We have prepared a new document for public release analyzing this problem.
You can find it here (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=36) and at least for now directly on our home page.
It appears that the community of affected parties does not realize this yet -- please circulate this memo widely -- send it to your own lawyer too.
sent to my attorney. Hope they understand it :--))
You can find it here (http://www.immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=36) and at least for now directly on our home page.
It appears that the community of affected parties does not realize this yet -- please circulate this memo widely -- send it to your own lawyer too.
sent to my attorney. Hope they understand it :--))
hairstyles Lizzie Cundy IMG_3277.jpg
amohale
11-18 10:11 PM
Hello,
I had to go to India due to a family emergency (death in family) in middle of my project. I have a new H1B and went for Stamping at Delhi Consulate on Nov 2nd. I got issued a 221G green form, to which I submitted the document requested on same day. 3 business days later I received a email from Consulate with another 221 G green form asking for all the documents. I sent all the documents via VFS on Nov 10th.
I haven't heard back from the consulate yet. In the mean time, my husband used his contacts to approach a congresswoman who has been involved in immigration cases. She has agreed to take my case with the Consulate. But what I am seeing on the forums is that if Congresswoman write letter to the consulate can jeopardize the case by unnecessarily pressuring the Consular.
It has been little over a week I submitted documents and I see that consulate is usually taking 2-3 weeks to respond. Please suggest if I should have the congresswoman write to the consulate or wait for the it to take the natural process and pray for the best?
Any help/suggestion is appreciated.
-Ritu
I had to go to India due to a family emergency (death in family) in middle of my project. I have a new H1B and went for Stamping at Delhi Consulate on Nov 2nd. I got issued a 221G green form, to which I submitted the document requested on same day. 3 business days later I received a email from Consulate with another 221 G green form asking for all the documents. I sent all the documents via VFS on Nov 10th.
I haven't heard back from the consulate yet. In the mean time, my husband used his contacts to approach a congresswoman who has been involved in immigration cases. She has agreed to take my case with the Consulate. But what I am seeing on the forums is that if Congresswoman write letter to the consulate can jeopardize the case by unnecessarily pressuring the Consular.
It has been little over a week I submitted documents and I see that consulate is usually taking 2-3 weeks to respond. Please suggest if I should have the congresswoman write to the consulate or wait for the it to take the natural process and pray for the best?
Any help/suggestion is appreciated.
-Ritu
amsgc
02-22 08:34 PM
Paskal,
You mentioned that if one has a J1, the 2 Yr. HRR applies. I am not sure if it is true for all "categories" of J1 visas.
A friend of mine has come on a J1 visa for six months (research scholar), and on her DS2019, the visa officer has noted that the 2Yr. HRR is not applicable. Also, her visa does not say that she is subject to INA 212(e).
Could you please throw some light on the following:
- Inspite of the visa officer's determination, is she still "a marked man"?
- If you are subject to the 2 Yr. HRR, is mentioned on your visa?
By the way, her research:
- Is not funded by any govt. agency
- Has nothing to do with medicine
I will really appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks.
you cannot apply for an H4 until your waiver is complete
does not matter how long you are on a J1, once you get one, you are a marked man.
similarly there is no question of filing a 485, even if you could file it there cannot be an approval till the waiver is done, likely will be rejected.
do please ask an attorney though.
You mentioned that if one has a J1, the 2 Yr. HRR applies. I am not sure if it is true for all "categories" of J1 visas.
A friend of mine has come on a J1 visa for six months (research scholar), and on her DS2019, the visa officer has noted that the 2Yr. HRR is not applicable. Also, her visa does not say that she is subject to INA 212(e).
Could you please throw some light on the following:
- Inspite of the visa officer's determination, is she still "a marked man"?
- If you are subject to the 2 Yr. HRR, is mentioned on your visa?
By the way, her research:
- Is not funded by any govt. agency
- Has nothing to do with medicine
I will really appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks.
you cannot apply for an H4 until your waiver is complete
does not matter how long you are on a J1, once you get one, you are a marked man.
similarly there is no question of filing a 485, even if you could file it there cannot be an approval till the waiver is done, likely will be rejected.
do please ask an attorney though.
pappu
09-23 01:33 AM
There is a lot of media coverage for the rally. Could everyone post links on the thread. We will then prepare a list and add it to 'IV in the news' page.
No comments:
Post a Comment