jaggu bhai
07-27 10:35 AM
Hi Friends
My status is I 140 is cleared, waiting for the next step.
Question is....
My wife is on H4 and as it is difficult to get a job now and change to H1 (civil engineer),
We intend to use this time for her studies.
We need your suggestion (few people based on their own experience),
1.As we cannot afford financially to study in a full time college, we wanted to make it part time or online (whatever-which costs us less).
2.Is it good to study on H4 or betterto convert to F1 and study (so that SEVIS and further usage of it down the line!!!!)
3.If some seniors has done like this, pl advise some universities.
Thanks
My status is I 140 is cleared, waiting for the next step.
Question is....
My wife is on H4 and as it is difficult to get a job now and change to H1 (civil engineer),
We intend to use this time for her studies.
We need your suggestion (few people based on their own experience),
1.As we cannot afford financially to study in a full time college, we wanted to make it part time or online (whatever-which costs us less).
2.Is it good to study on H4 or betterto convert to F1 and study (so that SEVIS and further usage of it down the line!!!!)
3.If some seniors has done like this, pl advise some universities.
Thanks
jasmin45
08-02 04:54 PM
EB-1s for Indians and Chinese are also expected to be current. For EB-2, India is expected to have a cut off date of January 8, 2003 and for China the cut off date will be April 22, 2005.
For EB-3, according to Jan, the worldwide cut off date will be August 1, 2002, India will be May 8, 2001 and China will be April 22, 2005.
Jan also reports that 18,000 EB-3 for Indians have been processed in this fiscal year with 8,000 of those cases approved in June and 7,000 in July. By the way, the annual EB-3 limit for Indians is 2,800 so go figure.
Also, approximately 40,000 cases were received at the Texas Service Center on July 2nd and 35,000 were received in Nebraska.
One final amazing fact that Jan has learned - USCIS requested 66,600 (666!) visa numbers from the beginning of the fiscal year through the end of May and 66,800 numbers in June and July.
These are old statistics which can be found in many threads in IV post july 2nd fiasco... Just wanted to add .. there were some news articles which also mention about USCIS returning some of the requested numbers as early as July 5th. So they did not use all the numbers that they have requested for. Hon. Congresswomen Zoe Lofgren also mentioned about this return of visa numbers in her letter to Secretary as well.
For EB-3, according to Jan, the worldwide cut off date will be August 1, 2002, India will be May 8, 2001 and China will be April 22, 2005.
Jan also reports that 18,000 EB-3 for Indians have been processed in this fiscal year with 8,000 of those cases approved in June and 7,000 in July. By the way, the annual EB-3 limit for Indians is 2,800 so go figure.
Also, approximately 40,000 cases were received at the Texas Service Center on July 2nd and 35,000 were received in Nebraska.
One final amazing fact that Jan has learned - USCIS requested 66,600 (666!) visa numbers from the beginning of the fiscal year through the end of May and 66,800 numbers in June and July.
These are old statistics which can be found in many threads in IV post july 2nd fiasco... Just wanted to add .. there were some news articles which also mention about USCIS returning some of the requested numbers as early as July 5th. So they did not use all the numbers that they have requested for. Hon. Congresswomen Zoe Lofgren also mentioned about this return of visa numbers in her letter to Secretary as well.
kondur_007
08-17 10:47 PM
This is actually a very important matter for you; my best advise would be to contact a good attorney and get the advise. You do not want to put your GC in jeopardy based on opinion from other people who may have incomplete information.
Just my opinion.
Good Luck.
Just my opinion.
Good Luck.
ramus
06-15 09:14 AM
Great.. Thank you..
Very good thred.
contribution close to 500$ so far wiling to contribute another 500$ in next 5 months.
Very good thred.
contribution close to 500$ so far wiling to contribute another 500$ in next 5 months.
more...
tonyHK12
11-07 10:00 AM
Guys the person who wrote this article is a Democratic political consultant - in short political propaganda.
I would like to hear views from someone who is neutral.
If I recall Birthright citizenship was only being opposed for those who were not legally in the US. But as someone said this will be a very tough change to achieve anyway.
I am all for both parties working together, doing what is better for the country, rather than passing Bills in 1 week that no one knows the contents of.
I really want to see some concrete facts showing they oppose legal immigration.
I would like to hear views from someone who is neutral.
If I recall Birthright citizenship was only being opposed for those who were not legally in the US. But as someone said this will be a very tough change to achieve anyway.
I am all for both parties working together, doing what is better for the country, rather than passing Bills in 1 week that no one knows the contents of.
I really want to see some concrete facts showing they oppose legal immigration.
sodh
07-18 03:21 PM
Hello guys,
First of all thank you very much for your answers in advance.
I am currently on H1-B (valid till 2010) and recently applied for PERM LC. I work for a non-profit organization and the category is EB-2. Nationality: Turkey.
I was planning to go for my GC but my plans have recently changed. I am planning to get married in 2009 Summer (earlier is not possible). I have done my research and found out that if I receive my GC before I get married, it will be very difficult to get my spouse here.
I am expecting to get the LC in about 4 months. Then, most probably I can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently as the visa numbers will be available for my case. However, I am not planning to do it anymore due to the reasons mentioned above.
So, here are my questions:
Now, the new rule tells that LC certification must be used within 180 days. So, can I just file I-140 while single and even though my visa numbers are current for I-485 (Can I seperate I-140 and I-485 and save I-1485 for after marriage - Summer 2009). Does it matter for the purposes of I-140, if I am single - and then add my spouse to I-485 in the US (She will be on H-4 with me here)?
I am not planning to change my job. So, would my I-140 have an expiration date?
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!
Apply I-485 as soon as you are eligible to apply you never know when they change the rules, getting your wife here is in future, she can always educate herself and come to US on H-1 or any other visa just to accompany you, this is just a suggestion decision is yours.
First of all thank you very much for your answers in advance.
I am currently on H1-B (valid till 2010) and recently applied for PERM LC. I work for a non-profit organization and the category is EB-2. Nationality: Turkey.
I was planning to go for my GC but my plans have recently changed. I am planning to get married in 2009 Summer (earlier is not possible). I have done my research and found out that if I receive my GC before I get married, it will be very difficult to get my spouse here.
I am expecting to get the LC in about 4 months. Then, most probably I can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently as the visa numbers will be available for my case. However, I am not planning to do it anymore due to the reasons mentioned above.
So, here are my questions:
Now, the new rule tells that LC certification must be used within 180 days. So, can I just file I-140 while single and even though my visa numbers are current for I-485 (Can I seperate I-140 and I-485 and save I-1485 for after marriage - Summer 2009). Does it matter for the purposes of I-140, if I am single - and then add my spouse to I-485 in the US (She will be on H-4 with me here)?
I am not planning to change my job. So, would my I-140 have an expiration date?
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!
Apply I-485 as soon as you are eligible to apply you never know when they change the rules, getting your wife here is in future, she can always educate herself and come to US on H-1 or any other visa just to accompany you, this is just a suggestion decision is yours.
more...
Pagal
02-02 02:33 PM
:) Yes, one of the founding principles of USA "No taxation without representation" has gone down the drain for all 'temporary' workers...
Some countries have tax treaties with USA whereby, their citizens are not required to pay medicare/social security taxes, wonder if India can have such a treaty...
Some countries have tax treaties with USA whereby, their citizens are not required to pay medicare/social security taxes, wonder if India can have such a treaty...
bho123
08-11 11:33 PM
Guys
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?
yes that is true, Local uscis no longer provides interim EAD. they just place a request for interim EAD from their office only after your application has crossed 90 days from the receipt date (not notice date).
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?
yes that is true, Local uscis no longer provides interim EAD. they just place a request for interim EAD from their office only after your application has crossed 90 days from the receipt date (not notice date).
more...
ajju
03-01 12:04 PM
Hi All,
I used to commute across the border from Canada to work(on h1b) between 2004 and 2006. My passport was stamped just the first time and never after that.
I've heard of this behavior at PoE especially for Mexico and Canada.. I think we need to remind and ask for stamping.. even if they say its okay...
I landed in Canada in 2004 and came back in 2 weeks... My original I-94 had expired.. but I 'd new one on my new H1 approval.. So they gave me a new I-94.. My wife's I-94 was valid.. so she didn't get a new I-94... But her passport was stamped... May be because it was first trip...
I agree with gokhale35 to provide evidence from CC... but if its older than a year.. most CC bills won't be available... lease copy may be possible... I think affidavit plus letter from employer may suffice.. But a lawyer would be your best bet anyways...
Good luck... should be resolved soon.. and you'll get GC soon...
Where's mine :-(
I used to commute across the border from Canada to work(on h1b) between 2004 and 2006. My passport was stamped just the first time and never after that.
I've heard of this behavior at PoE especially for Mexico and Canada.. I think we need to remind and ask for stamping.. even if they say its okay...
I landed in Canada in 2004 and came back in 2 weeks... My original I-94 had expired.. but I 'd new one on my new H1 approval.. So they gave me a new I-94.. My wife's I-94 was valid.. so she didn't get a new I-94... But her passport was stamped... May be because it was first trip...
I agree with gokhale35 to provide evidence from CC... but if its older than a year.. most CC bills won't be available... lease copy may be possible... I think affidavit plus letter from employer may suffice.. But a lawyer would be your best bet anyways...
Good luck... should be resolved soon.. and you'll get GC soon...
Where's mine :-(
gcformeornot
12-06 12:24 PM
case transfered from CSC to NSC. See signature for details.
more...
knowDOL
05-22 09:30 AM
I don't think there is any clause related to NON-RIR or RIR or PERM labor when it comes to 7th year extension according to yates memo. Once your application has been filed 365 days before and if you have a case number assigned you can use that case number to show USCIS that your labor was indeed pending for 365 days. Since you already approved for 7th year extension and looking for 8th year extension you have no problem and with the new employer you can get 8th year extension plus H1 transfer together.
Look at the following url's for detailed information.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yath1b.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yatmay.html
Look at the following url's for detailed information.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yath1b.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yatmay.html
kumar1
03-20 11:35 AM
I do not think, number of employees matter. I work for a desi company and it has just 2 employees. Labor was breeze and 140 got approved in 4 weeks. Never got any RFE. However, I was in EB-3 despite having 4 years bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience.
more...
smartboy75
10-01 06:35 PM
If you did ask for a fee waiver could you check that you entered the right receipt number? This could be someone else's case as I don't think you would qualify for a fee waiver.
My cheques got encashed last week ...I have the receipt numbers from the back of the chq...have not yet received the physical receipt notices yet...
My cheques got encashed last week ...I have the receipt numbers from the back of the chq...have not yet received the physical receipt notices yet...
omved
08-14 08:38 PM
Thanks Krsk,
My current AP expires on October 15th. So if I apply for AP renewal now, and the go out for H1B stamping in September. Lets say if for some reason my H1B doesn't get stamped/denied, and meanwhile I try to come back in USA on my current AP - Would this be a problem at POA..IO may cause problem that I don't have valid H1B and AP renewal is pending, and on the top - my current AP expires within next few weeks..
What do you think..??
Om
My current AP expires on October 15th. So if I apply for AP renewal now, and the go out for H1B stamping in September. Lets say if for some reason my H1B doesn't get stamped/denied, and meanwhile I try to come back in USA on my current AP - Would this be a problem at POA..IO may cause problem that I don't have valid H1B and AP renewal is pending, and on the top - my current AP expires within next few weeks..
What do you think..??
Om
more...
samcam
05-19 10:57 AM
Welcome to our newest member TheHumanist
3869 and counting!!!
3869 and counting!!!
i4u
04-20 07:46 AM
What is IV team's take on marching with this group? Should IV members join in?
Want to know the strategies.........
Want to know the strategies.........
more...
whitecollarslave
02-13 01:27 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/78355623a0ffd5d61a20d391bee048804g.jpg
Can we have the scanned copy of this letter posted on IV's homepage? Either replace the image for Sept 18th rally or put it above it so that its the first thing people see on the homepage. After the campaign is over we can change it back to what it was.
This is in no way to undermine anything about the Sept 18th rally. I just think that this would really help inspire a lot of people.
Can we have the scanned copy of this letter posted on IV's homepage? Either replace the image for Sept 18th rally or put it above it so that its the first thing people see on the homepage. After the campaign is over we can change it back to what it was.
This is in no way to undermine anything about the Sept 18th rally. I just think that this would really help inspire a lot of people.
rb_248
04-15 11:07 AM
Is it B1 or B2 visa ?

hopelessGC
11-12 04:24 PM
Updates are coming in fast.
It turns out my wife is not yet elegible to get an ID card. She can get her license when I get my real copy of birth certificate and that will happen in about a week when it should come in by mail.
The problem is that she can get some sort of temporary paperwork but the official drivers license will take up to another 6 weeks to get.
Is there still no problem with traveling? I would guess not but again, as the story changes, helpful insight is very much welcome. Thanks!
A valid passport will do just fine.
It turns out my wife is not yet elegible to get an ID card. She can get her license when I get my real copy of birth certificate and that will happen in about a week when it should come in by mail.
The problem is that she can get some sort of temporary paperwork but the official drivers license will take up to another 6 weeks to get.
Is there still no problem with traveling? I would guess not but again, as the story changes, helpful insight is very much welcome. Thanks!
A valid passport will do just fine.
uffyegc
10-16 02:51 PM
Hi,
My friend is in a unique situation and needs help. Please guide him with his queries.
**************************************************
I'm in USA on H1B since Apr-17-2004 with out any break. I'll complete my 6 year stay in USA H1B by Apr-16-2010.
My current H1B & I-94 extension was applied on Jun-06-2008 (applied in a group) and approved till May-01-2011.
My GC labor was applied on May-29-2008 and approved on Oct-11-2008. But..
We didn't specify about GC labor on H1B/I-94 extension petition.
My GC I-140 was appilied on Nov-12-2008 and approved on Apr-20-2009.
Can you please suggest when should I apply for my next H1B & I-94 extensions (based on 'Apr-16-2010' OR 'May-01-2011') ?
************************************************** *********
My friend is in a unique situation and needs help. Please guide him with his queries.
**************************************************
I'm in USA on H1B since Apr-17-2004 with out any break. I'll complete my 6 year stay in USA H1B by Apr-16-2010.
My current H1B & I-94 extension was applied on Jun-06-2008 (applied in a group) and approved till May-01-2011.
My GC labor was applied on May-29-2008 and approved on Oct-11-2008. But..
We didn't specify about GC labor on H1B/I-94 extension petition.
My GC I-140 was appilied on Nov-12-2008 and approved on Apr-20-2009.
Can you please suggest when should I apply for my next H1B & I-94 extensions (based on 'Apr-16-2010' OR 'May-01-2011') ?
************************************************** *********
sangmami
08-16 09:45 AM
CALLED USCIS .they said they cant transfer to level 2 operator to check receipt number...Is there any other way to find out?...will the bank be able to read and tell?
Thanks
Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment