wordoflife
Apr 22, 10:52 PM
I don't think this will need a data plan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875176172
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875176172
dobbin
Oct 17, 04:32 AM
This is indeed a well known issue with cubes. Some people were affected immediately, and others only after a period of time like you.
My cube has a 'seizure' about once every 4 months and it will do this for an hour or two and then correct itself and be fine again.
There have been numerous causes and solutions suggested and it appears that different things work for different machines.
The usual cause is the proximity switch - the touch sensitive one on top of the cube. Most people report that the switching on and off is caused by a badly fitting or loose gasket around this switch inside the cube.
Some people say that making sure this gasket is seated firmly will cure the problem, and others have had this replaced (for free) by Apple.
I have never found this to be the case with mine, it just seems to have a mind of its own, for short spells every now and again.
Some people have also reported that this happens on hot days or when the air-con is swithed off. I've not noticed this (as I live in the UK it never gets hot!).
There have been hundreds of discussions on this topic since the cube was introduced and you can probably find some useful info on the web.
I'm not sure why Apple have not provided more help on this topic given what a widespread issue it was/is, but I just searched Google for "Apple Cube Switch problem" and it came back with a lot of links. Bear in mind that the solution for one cube may not help yours! I guess this is the price we have to pay for having the coolest computer the world has ever seen :D
Cheers,
Dobbin
My cube has a 'seizure' about once every 4 months and it will do this for an hour or two and then correct itself and be fine again.
There have been numerous causes and solutions suggested and it appears that different things work for different machines.
The usual cause is the proximity switch - the touch sensitive one on top of the cube. Most people report that the switching on and off is caused by a badly fitting or loose gasket around this switch inside the cube.
Some people say that making sure this gasket is seated firmly will cure the problem, and others have had this replaced (for free) by Apple.
I have never found this to be the case with mine, it just seems to have a mind of its own, for short spells every now and again.
Some people have also reported that this happens on hot days or when the air-con is swithed off. I've not noticed this (as I live in the UK it never gets hot!).
There have been hundreds of discussions on this topic since the cube was introduced and you can probably find some useful info on the web.
I'm not sure why Apple have not provided more help on this topic given what a widespread issue it was/is, but I just searched Google for "Apple Cube Switch problem" and it came back with a lot of links. Bear in mind that the solution for one cube may not help yours! I guess this is the price we have to pay for having the coolest computer the world has ever seen :D
Cheers,
Dobbin
Lord Blackadder
Dec 29, 03:51 PM
I was just shopping on Amazon and they had a disaster relief banner on their front page with the assurance that 100% of the donation would go to the Red Cross. So I guess it isn't unreasonable to assume that it could be done by Spymac, now is it??
I nearly joined them instead of Macrumors but I think I made the right choice; they are way too bloated with commercialism - although I do like the little script signature under everybody's avatar. How do they do that, I wonder?
I nearly joined them instead of Macrumors but I think I made the right choice; they are way too bloated with commercialism - although I do like the little script signature under everybody's avatar. How do they do that, I wonder?
ezkimo
Jul 1, 10:58 PM
If think if you hold down a button (either esc, shift, control, option or command:D) when you select shut down it wont come up. I dont remember which button it is and dont really want to experiment;)
-Zach
-Zach
more...
timothysliao
Sep 8, 12:27 AM
Apple will announce Internet Radio capability on new iPod. With WiFi capability new iPods will able to tune into specially designated Internet Radio stations operated by Apple. And with one click listeners will able to purchase, via wireless download the song recently heard via the Apple Internet Radio channels. :o
boxcar
Jul 6, 04:48 PM
alright... no partition!
more...

Andere Ball Caps

Jake T. Austin Hats
more...

back fitted aseball cap

mesh baseball caps
more...

Baseball cap with 3D

Baseball caps, Trucker mesh
more...

Add to Cart Cart_22. Men

Baseball Caps Hats
more...

Sports/Golf/Baseball/Mesh

Matt Damon Mesh Baseball Cap
more...

Superman Brown Mesh Baseball

£13.00, View Product middot; Women

Vintage Mesh Baseball Cap
more...
itickings
Apr 8, 01:12 PM
I seem to be able to receive packets from outside my LAN...
what I do not understand is why I cannot establish a connection with a telnet call...
Pretty simple. You are on your LAN, not the Internet. Use your local IP and it will work fine. If you are connected to the Internet from somewhere outside your LAN, use your router's public IP address.
If you try to connect to your routers public IP address from inside, it won't route back. Some routers can be configured to do that, but most can't.
Since your firewall appears to be correctly opened, the problem is either that you're trying from within the LAN, or there is another firewall between the computer running telnet and your router that stops the traffic.
what I do not understand is why I cannot establish a connection with a telnet call...
Pretty simple. You are on your LAN, not the Internet. Use your local IP and it will work fine. If you are connected to the Internet from somewhere outside your LAN, use your router's public IP address.
If you try to connect to your routers public IP address from inside, it won't route back. Some routers can be configured to do that, but most can't.
Since your firewall appears to be correctly opened, the problem is either that you're trying from within the LAN, or there is another firewall between the computer running telnet and your router that stops the traffic.
SeaFox
Nov 7, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
Was that u, Dahl, who suggested like half a dozen Ween tracks yesterday?
No it was me (if you're talking about a bunch that showed up at like one in the morning and were all from the Mollusk). I was leafing through my library and came across them. So I though, hmmmm, I wonder if the iTMS has any Ween.
Was that u, Dahl, who suggested like half a dozen Ween tracks yesterday?
No it was me (if you're talking about a bunch that showed up at like one in the morning and were all from the Mollusk). I was leafing through my library and came across them. So I though, hmmmm, I wonder if the iTMS has any Ween.
more...
nanofrog
Apr 25, 11:23 PM
Just a few off hand that aren't military specific:TCAD (http://www.synopsys.com/Tools/TCAD/Pages/default.aspx)
LabVIEW (http://www.ni.com/labview/)
Matlab (http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/)
LabVIEW (http://www.ni.com/labview/)
Matlab (http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/)
fabian9
May 3, 11:16 AM
Hi, if I want to update my jailbroken iPhone will I need to restore it before (or at any point during)?
I realise I'll lose my jailbreak, but I'm just wondering if it would require a restore.
(Sorry if it's been asked over and over again but I can't find anything that directly answers this question.)
To answer your question, I just upgraded from JB 4.3.1 to JB 4.3.2 without restoring. Just updated to stock 4.3.2 in iTunes, then ran redsn0w over it to jailbreak, then reinstalled all my JB packages.
Not sure if not going through a full restore will have any adverse affects, I certainly haven't noticed any yet though!
I realise I'll lose my jailbreak, but I'm just wondering if it would require a restore.
(Sorry if it's been asked over and over again but I can't find anything that directly answers this question.)
To answer your question, I just upgraded from JB 4.3.1 to JB 4.3.2 without restoring. Just updated to stock 4.3.2 in iTunes, then ran redsn0w over it to jailbreak, then reinstalled all my JB packages.
Not sure if not going through a full restore will have any adverse affects, I certainly haven't noticed any yet though!
more...
Perdification
Nov 25, 10:01 PM
I'd suggest that you add some screenshots at every step, at least it'll be easier to follow and gives people reassurance that they're on the right track.
Love
Apr 9, 07:10 PM
I liked PowerBookMedic - dealt with them a few times, pricey but good.
($3 or something for a MacBook key)
($3 or something for a MacBook key)
more...
simsaladimbamba
Jan 25, 10:08 AM
http://sbooth.org/Max/
gentleman00
Jun 22, 01:56 PM
Does it make a difference where I purchase my iPhone 4?:confused:
more...
jbembe
Oct 30, 07:34 PM
I've been trying to reorganize Jetson's recs by genre or artist and it takes me to my recs and shows me the songs I rec'd? Some bug?
Also could we rank others recs by date added?
Also could we rank others recs by date added?
alust2013
May 3, 06:28 PM
1. It's because you're mirroring. Mirroring limits the resolution to the native res of the lower res display. Unchecking that will allow you to use the native res of the monitor, and you get the functionality of dual screens as well.
2. Drag the bottom right corner to make it full screen. That should make it so that the green button maximizes a small window in that app.
2. Drag the bottom right corner to make it full screen. That should make it so that the green button maximizes a small window in that app.
more...
lee50539310
May 4, 04:31 AM
3)DC Cable
Original:
Color of DC cable is soft white or we say a little grey, and you can feel friction because the cable is not total smooth but rough.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=711
Replacement:
Pure white and smooth, you can�t even feel frication. But some factories also use original cables like ours to ensure the quality.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=229&pictureid=759
It�s not only used in DC cables, also the same way for AC cables and earphone cables.
Original:
Color of DC cable is soft white or we say a little grey, and you can feel friction because the cable is not total smooth but rough.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=711
Replacement:
Pure white and smooth, you can�t even feel frication. But some factories also use original cables like ours to ensure the quality.
http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=229&pictureid=759
It�s not only used in DC cables, also the same way for AC cables and earphone cables.
macEfan
Dec 3, 08:19 PM
I have a PC laptop, but is is note up to your standards... it has
366mhz processor,
128mb ram
12gb hard drive
CD/Floppy drive
Built in CD player
If you are interested the Price is $155 OR:
trade laptop for ipod mini and $25
366mhz processor,
128mb ram
12gb hard drive
CD/Floppy drive
Built in CD player
If you are interested the Price is $155 OR:
trade laptop for ipod mini and $25
bedifferent
Mar 14, 09:57 AM
There are others copies in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Resources.
Yeah I noticed that too, it was almost an exact copy of the Finder.app/Resources folder. I modified that as well. Interesting that Lion seems to be using frameworks much more so than previous OS X incarnations.
Yeah I noticed that too, it was almost an exact copy of the Finder.app/Resources folder. I modified that as well. Interesting that Lion seems to be using frameworks much more so than previous OS X incarnations.
Airforcekid
May 5, 02:14 PM
Depends if you have a decent phone wait youll be glad you did however if you do not have a phone get the 4 and enjoy it for at least another month:p Apple usually supports the phones for 2.5-3 years so the 4 still has plenty of life left.
Brother tn350
May 4, 02:36 AM
The fact, that you were deceived the first time, you should no longer engage in any transaction with the man because it will be possible that in the end, you will be losing more.:(
elVince
May 6, 11:25 PM
I had the same heating issues while playing WoW on my 15" Late-2009 MBP. I began looking at coolers and decided on the Rain Design mStand. While not an active cooler, it does lift the notebook off the desk surface, providing better air circulation. The aluminum design also helps dissipate heat. As an added bonus, it looks great too.
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
bartelby
Aug 6, 01:38 PM
Right! Competition closed, we have a winner!!!
For an awful second I thought it was going to be e :D
For an awful second I thought it was going to be e :D
itsme92
Apr 16, 07:47 PM
Okay then, it seems like from what I'm hearing I'll go for the Elite. Not thrilled about it being black (I like white stuff, I guess), but I think the HDMI is worth it.
P.S. Does anybody have any idea when the 65nm chips will come out? Because I'm not planning to buy my Xbox until this summer, so I hope they have 65nm chips then.
P.S. Does anybody have any idea when the 65nm chips will come out? Because I'm not planning to buy my Xbox until this summer, so I hope they have 65nm chips then.
No comments:
Post a Comment