Rower_CPU
Feb 15, 11:38 AM
How do you know what it stands for, BrittasMac? :confused:
And actually it's Demi-God Vigilante Press Gang, and the acronym can be attributed to dukestreet. :p
And actually it's Demi-God Vigilante Press Gang, and the acronym can be attributed to dukestreet. :p
Steve99
May 4, 01:40 PM
Excellent news! I think we can infer from this that Apple has nothing more then a skeleton crew working on 4.x at this point. I am sure all resources are hard at work on 5.x .
Dyne
May 3, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from back when the mid-2010 iMacs launched, but I purchased one, and despite loving the system, I ended up having to return it due to having a lot of eye strain while using it for even five minutes. With the new iMacs having been launched today, I decided to pick up a new one to attempt to adjust to the screen again, as I really, REALLY loved the system, and I hated being back on a Windows machine.
I'm not certain why, but I'm having next to no issues this time around; I've been using the system nearly non-stop for the last two hours, and I've had very minimal eyestrain compared to last year's model! Absolutely NOTHING has changed whatsoever with my vision or lighting conditions in my PC room.
Was something possibly changed with the displays for this release that has alleviated my issues almost entirely? If so, I'm certainly not complaining. :) And hopefully those other individuals besides myself that were having the same issues previously will be able to use the new iMacs with relative ease, as well!
I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from back when the mid-2010 iMacs launched, but I purchased one, and despite loving the system, I ended up having to return it due to having a lot of eye strain while using it for even five minutes. With the new iMacs having been launched today, I decided to pick up a new one to attempt to adjust to the screen again, as I really, REALLY loved the system, and I hated being back on a Windows machine.
I'm not certain why, but I'm having next to no issues this time around; I've been using the system nearly non-stop for the last two hours, and I've had very minimal eyestrain compared to last year's model! Absolutely NOTHING has changed whatsoever with my vision or lighting conditions in my PC room.
Was something possibly changed with the displays for this release that has alleviated my issues almost entirely? If so, I'm certainly not complaining. :) And hopefully those other individuals besides myself that were having the same issues previously will be able to use the new iMacs with relative ease, as well!
GFLPraxis
Mar 16, 01:10 PM
Good time to buy in my book. Apple stock in particular, especially because of all the release events in the pipe line this year.
This.
Except Apple stock seems like a terrible time to buy, with Steve Jobs' current health issues.
This.
Except Apple stock seems like a terrible time to buy, with Steve Jobs' current health issues.
more...
Vylen
May 5, 06:01 AM
Yep, and if you take good care of it and it loves you back (i.e. no hardware faults) it should last you 5+ years :)
ItouchMe
Jun 20, 05:11 PM
Tommorow
more...
Voidness
May 2, 12:27 PM
I call shenanigans. Why sell a cheaper model when people would buy up the more expensive one if the cheaper one wasn't offered.
Same reason Apple sells both iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
Same reason Apple sells both iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
twoodcc
Oct 30, 06:14 PM
Oh, I got the core i7 started with bigadv it seems to be running at about 58 min/frame which would put it at 4.17 days.
something seems wrong with 58 min a frame. at stock 2.66 ghz i was getting 43 min a frame. you might want to look over it and see if you can find any issues going on
something seems wrong with 58 min a frame. at stock 2.66 ghz i was getting 43 min a frame. you might want to look over it and see if you can find any issues going on
more...
ulbador
Feb 24, 01:14 PM
Does this script run for an unusually long time or something? I believe the default timeout for MySQL is around 8 hours.
Your code below is calling mysql_ping, but your error message is for mysqli_ping, make sure you are using the right type of connection.
mysql_ping will not do automatic reconnection, however mysqli_ping will if you set the mysqli.reconnect option in php.ini or your code.
Sorry, I just typed up the test cases I had used from memory quickly and copied and pasted (poorly). It is actually using mysqli_ping in the real tests. Thanks for pointing it out. I corrected this in my original post
8 hours is far too long of a timeout for our busy website. We are running a 30 second timeout right on the database out of necessity. Otherwise the resources sit there and are never released and aren't reallocated and used quickly enough.
I know mysqli_ping won't auto-reconnect (at least in some versions of PHP no matter what option you set), I just use it to test if the connection is still open. If not, I grab a new connection. Even if the ping worked and autoreconnected, the code would be fine. I just can't figure out why sometimes it tosses that error, or how to test for it beforehand.
Your code below is calling mysql_ping, but your error message is for mysqli_ping, make sure you are using the right type of connection.
mysql_ping will not do automatic reconnection, however mysqli_ping will if you set the mysqli.reconnect option in php.ini or your code.
Sorry, I just typed up the test cases I had used from memory quickly and copied and pasted (poorly). It is actually using mysqli_ping in the real tests. Thanks for pointing it out. I corrected this in my original post
8 hours is far too long of a timeout for our busy website. We are running a 30 second timeout right on the database out of necessity. Otherwise the resources sit there and are never released and aren't reallocated and used quickly enough.
I know mysqli_ping won't auto-reconnect (at least in some versions of PHP no matter what option you set), I just use it to test if the connection is still open. If not, I grab a new connection. Even if the ping worked and autoreconnected, the code would be fine. I just can't figure out why sometimes it tosses that error, or how to test for it beforehand.

AuroraProject
Apr 3, 12:32 AM
The world as you know it, will cease to exist. You will be sucked into the black hole that is no phone land. Pack accordingly.
more...
Black.Infinity
Apr 4, 11:14 AM
You can use this software to write and read ntfs on mac computers
http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/
http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/
chrisperro
Apr 29, 06:57 PM
i spilled vine in mine and took everything apart and dipped in alcohol 95% or more(motherboard and keyboard and fan) and cleaned it with a toothbrush ,let it dry and put it back, is been 4 months now and everything works fine.
try that.
try that.
more...
fcortese
Mar 24, 11:31 AM
The second example is really significantly front-focused, and is shot at f/2.8, so I don't think your focus and recompose technique is to blame (I'd expect a lot less change in focus using the slight focus and recompose you've used here).
Did you lock focus on the eyes and then recompose? Is it possible that you re-focused after you recomposed?
i had a similar problem with my nikon 50mm, inconsistent focus and hunting for focus, even after i locked it. Problem was, I thought i locked it, but i didn't check the settings on the camera iteself. I was set up for continuous focus instead of single focus, which accounted for the lens hunting and refocusing everytime i tried to compose a shot.
not sure if this helps, but once i did realize my error of not resetting the camera for what i was trying to do, the problem was gone.
Both of these sound like a good analysis of what may ahve caused your issues. I have a nifty 50 which I got recently but have only had it out once so far and did not notice any issues. But I was not doing potrait like fotos either. good luck.
Did you lock focus on the eyes and then recompose? Is it possible that you re-focused after you recomposed?
i had a similar problem with my nikon 50mm, inconsistent focus and hunting for focus, even after i locked it. Problem was, I thought i locked it, but i didn't check the settings on the camera iteself. I was set up for continuous focus instead of single focus, which accounted for the lens hunting and refocusing everytime i tried to compose a shot.
not sure if this helps, but once i did realize my error of not resetting the camera for what i was trying to do, the problem was gone.
Both of these sound like a good analysis of what may ahve caused your issues. I have a nifty 50 which I got recently but have only had it out once so far and did not notice any issues. But I was not doing potrait like fotos either. good luck.
ThunderLounge
Oct 20, 10:05 PM
Quite clever. ;)
more...
chrismacguy
Apr 25, 11:22 AM
Thing is, SandyBridge comes with slightly worse graphics. Would worse graphics affect music-creating software? I heard Garageband is GPU-intensive. Not so sure about Logic Pro.
Neither is what I would call GPU-intensive. As a matter of fact GarageBand '11 runs perfectly happilly on my iMac 1.83 Core Duo with a ATI X1600, and my MacBook White with a Intel X3100 - neither of which is remotely powerful compared to the GPU in my 11" Air. The situation is the same with Logic Pro, however the big downside with an Air is the lack of FireWire. If it fits in your workflow then a MBA w 4/8GB RAM should handle GarageBand/Logic Express/Logic Pro just fine (Heck my low-end 11"/1.4/2GB MBA handles Final Cut Pro for basic editing and even Motion 4 at a pinch, so Graphics definitely shouldn't be an issue).
Neither is what I would call GPU-intensive. As a matter of fact GarageBand '11 runs perfectly happilly on my iMac 1.83 Core Duo with a ATI X1600, and my MacBook White with a Intel X3100 - neither of which is remotely powerful compared to the GPU in my 11" Air. The situation is the same with Logic Pro, however the big downside with an Air is the lack of FireWire. If it fits in your workflow then a MBA w 4/8GB RAM should handle GarageBand/Logic Express/Logic Pro just fine (Heck my low-end 11"/1.4/2GB MBA handles Final Cut Pro for basic editing and even Motion 4 at a pinch, so Graphics definitely shouldn't be an issue).
Alvesang
Oct 31, 05:48 PM
Wow that's amazing. How much did it cost roughly and how long did it take you to collect so many?
I started collecting DVDs in 2001/2002 (can't really tell exactly) and bought my last one in 2009. Before that I bought laserdiscs (still have a nice collection of those, too). Here in Germany it was quite difficult to get movies without dubbed sound (Germans dub everything) and I absolutely hate not hearing the original actor's voice. We're talking pre-internet era here, early to mid nineties. So I went for (expensively) imported LDs. When DVDs were introduced it was a dream come true. Next to the German dubbing almost every DVD contained the original sound and was much cheaper compared to an LD, plus the picture quality was way better. I sometimes still watch an LD, though, because the analog audiotracks rule. ;)
Summing it up: Nine years, lots of cash, no regrets. Now I'm all digital with a Mac mini and 6TB connected to my flatscreen. It's really comfortable.
I started collecting DVDs in 2001/2002 (can't really tell exactly) and bought my last one in 2009. Before that I bought laserdiscs (still have a nice collection of those, too). Here in Germany it was quite difficult to get movies without dubbed sound (Germans dub everything) and I absolutely hate not hearing the original actor's voice. We're talking pre-internet era here, early to mid nineties. So I went for (expensively) imported LDs. When DVDs were introduced it was a dream come true. Next to the German dubbing almost every DVD contained the original sound and was much cheaper compared to an LD, plus the picture quality was way better. I sometimes still watch an LD, though, because the analog audiotracks rule. ;)
Summing it up: Nine years, lots of cash, no regrets. Now I'm all digital with a Mac mini and 6TB connected to my flatscreen. It's really comfortable.
more...
MacRumorUser
Mar 10, 04:03 AM
I'd buy a DSi if I was buying for 1 game. We have them for sale for around €100 brand new now. Considering 3DS is retailing at €260 here that's one hell of a difference.
DSi = 13 hour battery life, less than 1/2 price
3DS may be more powerful, but 2.5-3 hour battery life & twice the price to do what?
play a game designed for the ds. It seems like a poor trade off.
DSi = 13 hour battery life, less than 1/2 price
3DS may be more powerful, but 2.5-3 hour battery life & twice the price to do what?
play a game designed for the ds. It seems like a poor trade off.

amberashby
Jan 11, 08:08 PM
Well, after it reboots it is booting to the CD but it comes up with the intial install screen all over again.
What is weird is the last thing it does before it reboots is the system optimization which I think is the very last thing that happens before the install is complete. But it is still on the first CD.
Thanks for your response, I wasn't expecting any responses till after the Macworld hysteria calmed down.
I keep reinstalling, but it does the same thing. Anyone have any idea?
What is weird is the last thing it does before it reboots is the system optimization which I think is the very last thing that happens before the install is complete. But it is still on the first CD.
Thanks for your response, I wasn't expecting any responses till after the Macworld hysteria calmed down.
I keep reinstalling, but it does the same thing. Anyone have any idea?
mkrishnan
Jan 10, 09:49 PM
Here's info on what the freaky thing does:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
tehreflex
Apr 14, 01:30 PM
Hello guys,
twistedlegato
Apr 9, 06:53 AM
Wii has sold over 6 million!
And the DS lite over 23 million!!
And the DS lite over 23 million!!
GodBless
Jan 25, 02:47 AM
I've had a similar experience on several occasions, most recently today. I have my inbox sorted by date received, with newest mail at the top, but for some reason new mail (received 'Today') will be at the bottom. Mail received 'Yesterday' will be at the top.
My message counter (in the dock icon) will indicate new mail, but when I look for it (at the top of my date-sorted list), it won't be there. I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list, and there, below the oldest of my already-read e-mails, is my new mail.
I've had the same issue in Mail countless times. I hope this bug is fixed in Tiger. :rolleyes:
My message counter (in the dock icon) will indicate new mail, but when I look for it (at the top of my date-sorted list), it won't be there. I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list, and there, below the oldest of my already-read e-mails, is my new mail.
I've had the same issue in Mail countless times. I hope this bug is fixed in Tiger. :rolleyes:
johnnj
Apr 22, 12:35 PM
I understand that part of the equation, but I was wondering if windows would give me the option to install programs (like office and photoshop) to the second hard drive. For example, would the installer be able to tell that it is a hard drive that windows can use to install programs?
You can put them anywhere you want them. There might be some dlls that'll end up somewhere in the Windows directory, but the bulk, if not all, of the app will reside where you put it.
My current MBP config has Win7 system on a partition on my drive bay drive and the games on another partition on my optibay drive.
You can also use Paragon NTFS to be able to read/write the Windows drives.
John
You can put them anywhere you want them. There might be some dlls that'll end up somewhere in the Windows directory, but the bulk, if not all, of the app will reside where you put it.
My current MBP config has Win7 system on a partition on my drive bay drive and the games on another partition on my optibay drive.
You can also use Paragon NTFS to be able to read/write the Windows drives.
John
dsprack
Oct 28, 08:41 PM
To be honest, I hate Pitchfork - they only seem to value indie music. While I love Arcade Fire and Stars, I do like to listen to slightly more mainstream music too.
It almost seems like Pitchfork will automatically rate an album between 4.8 and 6 if it's by a rock artist. I guess it's their opinion, but I'd like to see positive reviews of other music every once in a while.
It almost seems like Pitchfork will automatically rate an album between 4.8 and 6 if it's by a rock artist. I guess it's their opinion, but I'd like to see positive reviews of other music every once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment