lost_in_gc_land
02-02 03:43 AM
Yes you can fedex the AP to india and yes she can use it while coming back if needed. I got this from USCIS level 2 immigration officer.:D
Hello,
I would like to check with you if you know of someone who has used an AP that was approved while that person had left the US and received it by mail/fedex/etc. to get back in the US. I am in a situation where my H1 stamping is in security/background check and it been that way for over 75 days. I have an AP that was approved and mailed to me but I have been told by my lawyer that it is not ok to use AP or atleast without risk of not being allowed entry
Hello,
I would like to check with you if you know of someone who has used an AP that was approved while that person had left the US and received it by mail/fedex/etc. to get back in the US. I am in a situation where my H1 stamping is in security/background check and it been that way for over 75 days. I have an AP that was approved and mailed to me but I have been told by my lawyer that it is not ok to use AP or atleast without risk of not being allowed entry
chandler_vt
04-30 08:17 AM
Where did you get this info? Could you please point out a reference that says so?
You have to think about it in these terms.
1) Say you show the experience. Then it means you were working in US while being on h4. It doesn't matter if you received salary here or not. Like say if some VP of infosys comes to US for a meeting, he is getting his salary in India. But he is here on proper visa to do his work.
2) On the other hand, h4 prevents you from doing any kind of work while in US. Although u may still be employee of a company in other country, you CAN't work. Simple.
Someone mentioned a British citizen gets paid in pounds while she works in Cali. See my example of Infosys VP. Its important to know which visa she has. I m sure she won't be on H4.
You have to think about it in these terms.
1) Say you show the experience. Then it means you were working in US while being on h4. It doesn't matter if you received salary here or not. Like say if some VP of infosys comes to US for a meeting, he is getting his salary in India. But he is here on proper visa to do his work.
2) On the other hand, h4 prevents you from doing any kind of work while in US. Although u may still be employee of a company in other country, you CAN't work. Simple.
Someone mentioned a British citizen gets paid in pounds while she works in Cali. See my example of Infosys VP. Its important to know which visa she has. I m sure she won't be on H4.
perm2gc
12-30 02:46 PM
Applicable to all retrogessed guys...
Case deatils :
Approved I-140 & H1-B extended for 3 years beyond 6 years because of approved I-140. Can NOT file I-485 because of retrogression
Next step H1-B transferred to new employer & redo Labor & I-140.
Question :
Can you file I-485 for both employers at the same time ???? & choose whichever comes first. Will there be any complicated issue if you filed I-485 with the 2nd employer after 1st employer has filed I-485
Bottom line ... How complicated will the life be if one changes job after 3 yr. extension of H1 based on approved I-140 ????
Please share your info as the attorneys are nuts..
Has this issues beeb discussed in detail at any other place like WWW.immigration - law.com ??
Please provide with the link
CORE TEAM : Can this issue be discussed with the Attorneys in upcoming conference ???
Your questions have been already addressed many times in many threads.Please search the forum.
Thank you
Case deatils :
Approved I-140 & H1-B extended for 3 years beyond 6 years because of approved I-140. Can NOT file I-485 because of retrogression
Next step H1-B transferred to new employer & redo Labor & I-140.
Question :
Can you file I-485 for both employers at the same time ???? & choose whichever comes first. Will there be any complicated issue if you filed I-485 with the 2nd employer after 1st employer has filed I-485
Bottom line ... How complicated will the life be if one changes job after 3 yr. extension of H1 based on approved I-140 ????
Please share your info as the attorneys are nuts..
Has this issues beeb discussed in detail at any other place like WWW.immigration - law.com ??
Please provide with the link
CORE TEAM : Can this issue be discussed with the Attorneys in upcoming conference ???
Your questions have been already addressed many times in many threads.Please search the forum.
Thank you
fearonlygod
11-13 09:54 PM
thanks guys.....will proceed as suggested..also please advice that wether i need to have exp. letter from that guy.i am not optimistic in getting it....
can the client exp. letter and refernce letters of client project manager work...??
can the client exp. letter and refernce letters of client project manager work...??
more...
gccube
06-01 03:23 PM
Because the PDs are valid for the whole month I guess the date of filing should not matter it as long as it is before 30th June, I think.
Do you think it does affect us in some way?
Do you think it does affect us in some way?
trueguy
08-28 02:09 PM
Yes, I can profess a guess, but that does not account for the statement about "A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September"
With all the labor certification being sold on or around June 2007, old labors started getting used up. These applications are probably trickling in during the course of the year, and may have seen a huge rush when they announced that they are going to make EB3 unavailable. Therefore, their earlier assumption that they can move forward was wrong. On the other hand, they probably totally messed up in counting the number of cases they already had on hand.
I dont agree to the continued "heavy demand" comment. What demand? Were they accepting applications when the queue was already closed for the year? If not, there is no case of "heavy demand", unless there was a bunch of applications around Dec02-Mar03 for China but as usual they used a 3 year old to count the number applications
That is exactly what I don't understand. How can they have new applications coming in with PD as old as 2001? I can understand if somebody have family outside US and their new born will be eligible to file with Older PD. But how many people have family outside India, not at all.
With all the labor certification being sold on or around June 2007, old labors started getting used up. These applications are probably trickling in during the course of the year, and may have seen a huge rush when they announced that they are going to make EB3 unavailable. Therefore, their earlier assumption that they can move forward was wrong. On the other hand, they probably totally messed up in counting the number of cases they already had on hand.
I dont agree to the continued "heavy demand" comment. What demand? Were they accepting applications when the queue was already closed for the year? If not, there is no case of "heavy demand", unless there was a bunch of applications around Dec02-Mar03 for China but as usual they used a 3 year old to count the number applications
That is exactly what I don't understand. How can they have new applications coming in with PD as old as 2001? I can understand if somebody have family outside US and their new born will be eligible to file with Older PD. But how many people have family outside India, not at all.
more...
SSSarkar
06-24 06:33 PM
I am also applying 485 and my lawyer told me that the passport should be valid for atleast one year.
Hello All,
I am from India and I am getting ready to file my 485 in 1st week of July. I have an approved 140.
I have two issues I am not sure about how to procced --
1. My wife's name is wrong in her birth certificate. also, my mother's name is not present in my birth certificate. I am getting both of our parents to execute affidavits. Do these affidavits need to be originals when I submit them with my 485 appln? Or my folks in India can scan them and email me and I can submit copies with my 485 appln?
2. My passport is expiring in Oct 2007. Some people have mentioned that your passport needs to be valid for six months at the time you file for your 485 appln. Is this true? I have not found a definitive answer anywhere.
Please let me know if you know anything about these questions. Appreciate all your responses.
Thanks.
Hello All,
I am from India and I am getting ready to file my 485 in 1st week of July. I have an approved 140.
I have two issues I am not sure about how to procced --
1. My wife's name is wrong in her birth certificate. also, my mother's name is not present in my birth certificate. I am getting both of our parents to execute affidavits. Do these affidavits need to be originals when I submit them with my 485 appln? Or my folks in India can scan them and email me and I can submit copies with my 485 appln?
2. My passport is expiring in Oct 2007. Some people have mentioned that your passport needs to be valid for six months at the time you file for your 485 appln. Is this true? I have not found a definitive answer anywhere.
Please let me know if you know anything about these questions. Appreciate all your responses.
Thanks.
eeezzz
08-28 10:12 AM
Ron sent an inquiry and here is the answer he got
Yes I probably should have said Worldwide Employment Third. My primary concern at this point is with the China E3 cut-off date which has an extremely large amount of demand.
Ron also says
He definitely referred to China E3, not India. There has been a huge build up of Chinese E3 cases over the past few years. There has been an even larger buildup of Indian E3 over the years, but that is a given.
Visa Bulletin says
...Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June....
So I predict the EB3 RoW Oct bulletin will be what it was on June Bulletin but EB3 China and India will not be the same as June bulletin.
Yes I probably should have said Worldwide Employment Third. My primary concern at this point is with the China E3 cut-off date which has an extremely large amount of demand.
Ron also says
He definitely referred to China E3, not India. There has been a huge build up of Chinese E3 cases over the past few years. There has been an even larger buildup of Indian E3 over the years, but that is a given.
Visa Bulletin says
...Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June....
So I predict the EB3 RoW Oct bulletin will be what it was on June Bulletin but EB3 China and India will not be the same as June bulletin.
more...
milind70
07-25 12:33 AM
Passport is a travel document and has to be in order if you are travelling or have to stamp a Visa,but your I-94 has to valid when you are applying for AOS.
Passport is much more than a travel document, it is your identity abroad .All you identities here are based on passport.It is a document which proves ur citizenship.It is recognized world wide. If you are living in a foriegn land you are supposed to have a current updated passport that is expected. Try renewing an expired passport it takes much longer than renewing an unexpired passport.
Passport is much more than a travel document, it is your identity abroad .All you identities here are based on passport.It is a document which proves ur citizenship.It is recognized world wide. If you are living in a foriegn land you are supposed to have a current updated passport that is expected. Try renewing an expired passport it takes much longer than renewing an unexpired passport.
boreal
09-02 04:39 PM
Below is the response I got today in email. For the "additional review" part should I be concerned
The status of this service request is:
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
How long did it take them to send the SR response? When did u open the SR? Thanks in advance...
The status of this service request is:
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
How long did it take them to send the SR response? When did u open the SR? Thanks in advance...
more...
johnggberg
08-10 12:00 PM
go to http://www.uscis.gov/ and click on Press Room top right hand corner, but its not realsed yet
vin13
03-09 01:20 PM
Just in-case one gets layed-off and has an EAD, can that person buy a 7-Eleven or a Gas Station?
Can the EAD holder actually run the gas station/7-eleven by working/being present there? (Maybe he/she can work there and take all the profit but no salary).
What happens if there is an RFE asking for proof of employment during this period?
You will have to persue your gas station business parallel to your GC job (or similar job if you are using AC-21 portability).
Can the EAD holder actually run the gas station/7-eleven by working/being present there? (Maybe he/she can work there and take all the profit but no salary).
What happens if there is an RFE asking for proof of employment during this period?
You will have to persue your gas station business parallel to your GC job (or similar job if you are using AC-21 portability).
more...
lvinaykumar
08-05 05:05 PM
i would say apply for the Eb2. I am on Eb3 right now and i will plan to apply for eb2 after Dec 2008.

Whitemonkey
07-15 10:45 PM
This is a hard call. I would probably wait for the EAD before deciding which one to cancel. you might be canceling one that is about to send you your EAD. It is risky.
more...

kartikiran
10-05 02:52 PM
I am sure this will enhance the reputation of IV more than ever...!!!
bindas74
02-05 12:00 AM
If you applied for I-485 on/before August 17th 2007 (Extended deadline after the July 2007 visa bulletin fiasco), you fall into the old fee structure. This means you will have to pay renewal fees for EAD/AP based on your I-485. Hope this helps.
Gurus,
I have a similar question. I filed for my 485 in June 2007. But, did not file for EAD at that time. However, I filed for my EAD in March 2008 with the new filing fee i.e $340. My EAD is up for renewal (it's valid till Jun 12th...but considering the 3 month wait time, I am plannig to file it around 13th of this month ).
Since I have already filed with the new fee structure I am hoping I dont have to pay any fees , right? But, I dont see any instructions to that extent. Can any one please point me to the right link or document?
Regards
Gurus,
I have a similar question. I filed for my 485 in June 2007. But, did not file for EAD at that time. However, I filed for my EAD in March 2008 with the new filing fee i.e $340. My EAD is up for renewal (it's valid till Jun 12th...but considering the 3 month wait time, I am plannig to file it around 13th of this month ).
Since I have already filed with the new fee structure I am hoping I dont have to pay any fees , right? But, I dont see any instructions to that extent. Can any one please point me to the right link or document?
Regards
more...
solaris27
08-06 06:22 PM
congrats
BharatPremi
05-23 02:17 PM
Hello All,
In Interesting article/Video posted by Yahoo Finance
Contrary to popular opinion and the view of many politicians, the "brain drain" issue on Wall Street is real, says Dave Kansas, author of "The End of Wall Street as We Know It."
Kansas, a Wall Street Journal contributing editor, notes the concurrent trends of foreign-born workers returning to their home countries and Wall Street's homegrown "risk-takers" joining smaller firms or opening their own boutiques.
In other words, when CEOs like Morgan Stanley's John Mack and Citigroup's Vikram Pandit complain about the risk of losing the "best and brightest" if the government imposes onerous restrictions on compensation, there's validity to their claims, Kansas says.
These trends - compensation restrictions, the rise of boutique firms, more competition from international competitors and big shops becoming more risk-averse - come in the wake of a largely self-made cataclysm that hit Wall Street in the past 18 months.
And Kansas notes it's "early innings" in terms of both the industry's transformation and the new regulatory environment that's certain to come down the D.C. beltwa
ARTICLE CAN BE ACCESSED AT:
http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/253392/The-New-Wall-Street-%22Brain-Drain%22-Threat-Legit-as-Boutiques-Foreign-Firms-Rise?tickers=GS,JPM,MS,C,XLF,FAS,DB?sec=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=
MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL
Do you think the govt will do something soon about this? Can we expect a merit based point system in the new CIR? Does anyone has information on merit system in new CIR?
Please advise.
Thank you
I hope you already know that the word "Wall-street" itself has already become synonymous to the word "evil" in current situation. I am now worried about all those countries since these " best and brightest" will go there permanently. :)
In Interesting article/Video posted by Yahoo Finance
Contrary to popular opinion and the view of many politicians, the "brain drain" issue on Wall Street is real, says Dave Kansas, author of "The End of Wall Street as We Know It."
Kansas, a Wall Street Journal contributing editor, notes the concurrent trends of foreign-born workers returning to their home countries and Wall Street's homegrown "risk-takers" joining smaller firms or opening their own boutiques.
In other words, when CEOs like Morgan Stanley's John Mack and Citigroup's Vikram Pandit complain about the risk of losing the "best and brightest" if the government imposes onerous restrictions on compensation, there's validity to their claims, Kansas says.
These trends - compensation restrictions, the rise of boutique firms, more competition from international competitors and big shops becoming more risk-averse - come in the wake of a largely self-made cataclysm that hit Wall Street in the past 18 months.
And Kansas notes it's "early innings" in terms of both the industry's transformation and the new regulatory environment that's certain to come down the D.C. beltwa
ARTICLE CAN BE ACCESSED AT:
http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/253392/The-New-Wall-Street-%22Brain-Drain%22-Threat-Legit-as-Boutiques-Foreign-Firms-Rise?tickers=GS,JPM,MS,C,XLF,FAS,DB?sec=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=
MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL
Do you think the govt will do something soon about this? Can we expect a merit based point system in the new CIR? Does anyone has information on merit system in new CIR?
Please advise.
Thank you
I hope you already know that the word "Wall-street" itself has already become synonymous to the word "evil" in current situation. I am now worried about all those countries since these " best and brightest" will go there permanently. :)
Vishal2007
02-04 06:30 PM
definitely your entry should be deneid, you are not uncapale to solve your domestic problem, how come you are going to do good to this country by getting GC. (I agree these people are not good as you, but before they start domestic voilence there are on citizen/GC (either one of them),
little_willy
08-15 11:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^
pbojja
06-02 03:24 PM
Happy Scenario
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - No need to File for 140
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- They approve Faster in a month
Not so Happy scenario and reality
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - You need to File for 140 after the labor approval 6+months
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- Takes 1+ year to get your 140 approved + you need to wait for 6 months+ to get your 485 interfile updated
We are talking about atleast 2 to 3 years to get from EB3 to EB2 , so Please participate in IV campigns , call the representatives
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - No need to File for 140
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- They approve Faster in a month
Not so Happy scenario and reality
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - You need to File for 140 after the labor approval 6+months
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- Takes 1+ year to get your 140 approved + you need to wait for 6 months+ to get your 485 interfile updated
We are talking about atleast 2 to 3 years to get from EB3 to EB2 , so Please participate in IV campigns , call the representatives
No comments:
Post a Comment