RedTomato
Nov 22, 07:47 AM
Seems a good idea because of iOS convergence.
I wouldn't label it just the 'iOS forum' though. Not many people in the street are fully cognisant of iOS. Everyone knows Macs run OSX but the iOS brand is a bit more hidden behind the ranks of iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
You could label it something like ' iOS - the software that runs your iPod, iPhone, and iPad' then the other forums could become 'iPhone hardware', iPad hardware' etc.
I wouldn't label it just the 'iOS forum' though. Not many people in the street are fully cognisant of iOS. Everyone knows Macs run OSX but the iOS brand is a bit more hidden behind the ranks of iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
You could label it something like ' iOS - the software that runs your iPod, iPhone, and iPad' then the other forums could become 'iPhone hardware', iPad hardware' etc.
Shawnpk
May 4, 02:08 PM
Check out the book "Beginning iPhone 4 Development". It's from Apress books. There is a full chapter on pickers (Chapter 7). Sounds like what you are looking for is exactly what is in that chapter.

snap58
Mar 5, 10:05 AM
It's a worthy cause, and gives my old mac's something to do.

FortWorthMac
May 4, 03:24 PM
Hey all,
I've got a friend I am going to meet ti help JB his phone. He currently has 4.3 installed so before the JB I need/want to get his phone current. My question is, is there a way to manually update the phone by having 4.3.2 downloaded before we meet? Tried to do it last night through iTunes at a Statbucks and the download was going to take over an hour on there network and neither of us wanted to wait that long.
Thanks
David
I've got a friend I am going to meet ti help JB his phone. He currently has 4.3 installed so before the JB I need/want to get his phone current. My question is, is there a way to manually update the phone by having 4.3.2 downloaded before we meet? Tried to do it last night through iTunes at a Statbucks and the download was going to take over an hour on there network and neither of us wanted to wait that long.
Thanks
David
more...

nomad01
Sep 21, 06:58 AM
Verify if the Seagate warranty does apply if you buy an OEM drive.
I will but if it's just replacement warranty, for the cost, I wouldn't be *too* bothered if it wasn't covered. I'll be backing everything up anyway.
Good point though.
Thanks.
I will but if it's just replacement warranty, for the cost, I wouldn't be *too* bothered if it wasn't covered. I'll be backing everything up anyway.
Good point though.
Thanks.
onlnagent
May 3, 07:11 PM
I have used Crucial in all my MacBook Pros and have never had a problem. If cost is a issue OWC usually has great deals on their ram and seems to have a great warranty to back it up and will let you trade in old ram to knock the price down even further.
more...

Brooke5
Feb 22, 06:23 AM
Hi,..
Things made for vinyl don't sound right digital, similarly things made for digital sound stupid on vinyl (though many artists still sell vinyls in this way). At least this has been my experience.
regards,..
Things made for vinyl don't sound right digital, similarly things made for digital sound stupid on vinyl (though many artists still sell vinyls in this way). At least this has been my experience.
regards,..

job
Nov 10, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
don't forget sneaking into the Capital in DC or abandoned mental assylums...
...without pants... ;) :p
don't forget sneaking into the Capital in DC or abandoned mental assylums...
...without pants... ;) :p
more...

ayeying
May 6, 11:05 PM
No. I've moved up early before on previous betas like Snow Leopard... didn't turn out that well. Learned my lesson. Waiting until Final, then I'll deal with the bugs.
tl01
Jun 29, 02:03 PM
Arrived at about 7:10AM and was about number 30 out of 40 phones. The line took around 3.5 hours. Not too bad. They were expecting their second shipment this afternoon but it ended up arriving around 11AM. The people at the end of the line were stoked! They were sold out of phones though once the line gets their phones.
more...

mike.coulter
Apr 28, 07:40 AM
In my experience, SL has been absolutely stable since day one of using it.
bella92108
Mar 28, 06:16 PM
As a new iPad 2 owner this thread is torturing me, haha. Seeing all the fun jailbreak can make a bland iPad 2, and I have no way to JB. :-(
more...

Ibanez Strummer
Sep 23, 07:54 AM
I have Logic 8 Express, but am hoping to upgrade to 9 Studio whilst still at university (lovely discount :D ). On the interface front, I would not buy through the apple store as very expensive. Try somewhere like dolphin music (www.dolphinmusic.co.uk) or Guitar, Amp and Keyboard Centre (www.gak.co.uk). These are both reputable music stores.
Just for comparison - the M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB
Apple Store = �205.95
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TQ919ZM/A?mco=OTE4MzMxNQ
Dolphin Music = �134.99
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/7475-m-audio-fast-track-pro-4-x-4-mobile-usb-audio-midi-interface-with-preamps.html
Gak = �131
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fast-track/68482
I haven't really used the interfaces myself to give a good opinion. I have an Fast Track USB which is the most basic and cheap available and its been ok. Guess more expense should mean better quality!
Oh and if you meant the midi keyboards then again just shop around and see. I want an M-Audio Oxygen 61 when get the money....
Just for comparison - the M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB
Apple Store = �205.95
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TQ919ZM/A?mco=OTE4MzMxNQ
Dolphin Music = �134.99
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/7475-m-audio-fast-track-pro-4-x-4-mobile-usb-audio-midi-interface-with-preamps.html
Gak = �131
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fast-track/68482
I haven't really used the interfaces myself to give a good opinion. I have an Fast Track USB which is the most basic and cheap available and its been ok. Guess more expense should mean better quality!
Oh and if you meant the midi keyboards then again just shop around and see. I want an M-Audio Oxygen 61 when get the money....
GGJstudios
May 5, 05:13 PM
You already asked about heat issues in another thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1145803) and were told that you don't have heat issues. Your MBP is working as designed. You don't need to do anything to your thermal paste.
more...
bbydon
Jan 10, 12:37 PM
when i saw this i read about the patents at the same time....so it seemed credible.

wrldwzrd89
Oct 20, 07:24 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
I knew this was coming - Java 6u20 has security issues that this update addresses, albeit later than I hoped for. I hope this does not break my existing Java apps.
I knew this was coming - Java 6u20 has security issues that this update addresses, albeit later than I hoped for. I hope this does not break my existing Java apps.
more...
Dagless
Apr 14, 10:05 AM
None. There will be no difference between the 2.
Unless you want 4D graphics of course...
Unless you want 4D graphics of course...

Hrududu
May 3, 11:40 AM
I have acquired an iMac g4 700 with only a cd drive. I would like to install Tiger via a retail DVD. Can I place the DVD in another machine and install via FireWire?
Thx rob
Sure can. I've done it a few times. Just boot the iMac G4 in Target Disk Mode and then install the OS onto its drive from another PowerPC Mac with a DVD drive.
Thx rob
Sure can. I've done it a few times. Just boot the iMac G4 in Target Disk Mode and then install the OS onto its drive from another PowerPC Mac with a DVD drive.

Legion93
Apr 8, 11:04 AM
I've heard from AppleInsider that TRIM is long due to the macs and that Apple will enable TRIM support in Lion update...
After I've installed an Intel x25-m G2 SSD onto my 2010 MBP 13", the benchmarks were low compared to that on Windows platform. I also noticed the Apple's own stock SSD (mostly Toshiba or Samsung) have aggressive GC, but their read/write speeds are off compared to many decent SSD's on the market, like sandforce powered OCZ Vertex 3, or intel G3.
Funny thing is that Apple's own solid state drives has their own GC, and enables TRIM on-the-fly, as reported by Anandtech, but I wasn't very sure.
Has anyone have any ideas if and when TRIM will be implemented on macs, since it is really needed for people with SSD's in their macs?
After I've installed an Intel x25-m G2 SSD onto my 2010 MBP 13", the benchmarks were low compared to that on Windows platform. I also noticed the Apple's own stock SSD (mostly Toshiba or Samsung) have aggressive GC, but their read/write speeds are off compared to many decent SSD's on the market, like sandforce powered OCZ Vertex 3, or intel G3.
Funny thing is that Apple's own solid state drives has their own GC, and enables TRIM on-the-fly, as reported by Anandtech, but I wasn't very sure.
Has anyone have any ideas if and when TRIM will be implemented on macs, since it is really needed for people with SSD's in their macs?
Dagless
Mar 20, 11:43 AM
Its a great version of lemmings in fairness and works very well. And at �3.50 you cant really complain about faults etc.
Nice way of telling me it's worth avoiding :D
Nice way of telling me it's worth avoiding :D
zimv20
Mar 25, 03:22 PM
though my production is down as of late, i'm still the #6 folder on team 3446.
flyfish29
Mar 10, 09:36 PM
I generally advise people to avoid having their camera gear on a homeowner's rider anyway- the last thing you want is the HO insurance canceled because of a claim. Talk to any licensed insurance agent- Traveller's has a nice "personal professional property" policy, or just ask about an "inland marine" policy for your gear.
Paul
Great advice!
Paul
Great advice!
Xephian
Dec 6, 09:54 AM
The plugin error is most likely becouse you haven't installed Windows Media Player 9 yet.
mkrishnan
Feb 23, 11:38 PM
If you just type "cd New" then press Tab, it'll autocomplete the rest of the command for you.
Learn something new everyday! :D But to clarify, you have to be in the volumes directory first, and it does actually have to start with "New" right? ;) But I did the same trick with another volume and it worked nicely. Very cool. :cool:
Learn something new everyday! :D But to clarify, you have to be in the volumes directory first, and it does actually have to start with "New" right? ;) But I did the same trick with another volume and it worked nicely. Very cool. :cool:
No comments:
Post a Comment