mowogg
Jan 10, 09:07 PM
Hi all, I recently rebooted and have noticed a small blue "bubble" on my screen. It is transparent and turns opaque when you mouse over it. If you click on it, it activates the function usually assigned to the F10 key for Expose. I can move it around the screen like something from Konfabulator. I do have both Konfabulator and Growl installed, but they are both off right now.. and this thing still won't go away. Any help?
That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.
That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.
ajvizzgamer101
May 2, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Same here. The Offline contacts shows the name while online contacts show numbers.
Dagless
Apr 5, 07:09 PM
:confused: Resident Evil 4 isn't a rail shooter.
RE4 is one of my favorite games. I'm not sure I would buy it again just to use Wiimotes, they would have to add something extra.
The first bit was for RE4. The 2nd was for REWii.
RE4 is one of my favorite games. I'm not sure I would buy it again just to use Wiimotes, they would have to add something extra.
The first bit was for RE4. The 2nd was for REWii.
Transeau
Dec 1, 02:47 PM
still waiting on a 64-Bit SMP client
more...
China Diapers
Apr 16, 04:04 AM
Hi,
I am trying to run a java solution remotely on a server, I am using the below command in the terminal:
java RemoteShellClient 87.120.209.147 50001 "cmd" "java -jar -Dusername=xxx -Dpassword=xxx -DcCodes=all C:\BetInTime.jar ServiceSF"
Confidential info hidden with x's.
But am getting the below error:
Invalid input data
Could this be a syntax error?
Thanks
OK, on further inspection, the shellscript seems to rely on some batch files:
CommandRunner.class
RemoteShell.jar
SockData.class
CommandRunner.java
RemoteShellClient.class
SockData.java
JavaBuild.bat
RemoteShellClient.java
java
JavaClient.bat
RemoteShellServer.class
JavaServer.bat
RemoteShellServer.java
Contents of which are:
set ClassPath=RemoteShell.jar
java RemoteShellServer %1 %2
set ClassPath=RemoteShell.jar
java RemoteShellClient %1 %2 %3 %4
javac -g:none *.java
jar cvf RemoteShell.jar *.class
Do you think it would help to rewrite these as bash files?
I am trying to run a java solution remotely on a server, I am using the below command in the terminal:
java RemoteShellClient 87.120.209.147 50001 "cmd" "java -jar -Dusername=xxx -Dpassword=xxx -DcCodes=all C:\BetInTime.jar ServiceSF"
Confidential info hidden with x's.
But am getting the below error:
Invalid input data
Could this be a syntax error?
Thanks
OK, on further inspection, the shellscript seems to rely on some batch files:
CommandRunner.class
RemoteShell.jar
SockData.class
CommandRunner.java
RemoteShellClient.class
SockData.java
JavaBuild.bat
RemoteShellClient.java
java
JavaClient.bat
RemoteShellServer.class
JavaServer.bat
RemoteShellServer.java
Contents of which are:
set ClassPath=RemoteShell.jar
java RemoteShellServer %1 %2
set ClassPath=RemoteShell.jar
java RemoteShellClient %1 %2 %3 %4
javac -g:none *.java
jar cvf RemoteShell.jar *.class
Do you think it would help to rewrite these as bash files?
loby
May 3, 12:33 AM
Does anyone know "if" or when a refresh for Time Capsule 1T is coming out? It has been some time now, and I have read users have had issues with it.
Some users have had their hard drives go out, losing their data after about 1.5 years of use. :confused: It is in multiple feedback entries on Apple's Store site...
Any thoughts? I would like to purchase one, but I am reconsidering...would like some advise. Thanks
Some users have had their hard drives go out, losing their data after about 1.5 years of use. :confused: It is in multiple feedback entries on Apple's Store site...
Any thoughts? I would like to purchase one, but I am reconsidering...would like some advise. Thanks
more...
Omad0n
Feb 20, 01:13 PM
Actually it feels fine in lecture. Though I must admit I'man upper classman, so all my courses are like 30 people max, and they're all in my department at this point. As to the 2GB RAM question, well I don't know cause i've still only got 512 in this beast (soon to have another gig on order) and I know that the mac chokes a bit on not having enough memory when I've got a bunch of things open. The only reason I know it's memory bound is my old dual 867 Mac handles some things better than my powerbook does, and the only difference is my powerbook is lacking in RAM.
WGoins88
Mar 22, 07:12 PM
Well, I didn't want to consider it dead... but it is.
It sad mac chimes, so I tried a number of ways to stop it, including removing the memory, reseating it, trying different memory combos, removing the AV video card, resetting the PRAM, etc. It chimes either way....:(
Oh well, what to do......I guess it lived a good life!
It sad mac chimes, so I tried a number of ways to stop it, including removing the memory, reseating it, trying different memory combos, removing the AV video card, resetting the PRAM, etc. It chimes either way....:(
Oh well, what to do......I guess it lived a good life!
more...
miles01110
Mar 12, 06:31 PM
No thanks. This has been discussed before; you can post a link to your Youtube video and people can choose to load it that way.
Surely
Jan 20, 04:58 PM
Here's an earlier related thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=701926&highlight=instrumentals
:)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=701926&highlight=instrumentals
:)
more...
jimthorn
Jul 4, 01:04 AM
No, I haven't installed any hacks, themes, or anything like that. I think altering the OS is just asking for trouble.
The only beta software I'm running is iChat AV, but I haven't done much with it and I rarely run it. I also ran Safari when that was beta (though I never ran any of the "unofficial" versions).
There also aren't any error messages in the Console.
The only beta software I'm running is iChat AV, but I haven't done much with it and I rarely run it. I also ran Safari when that was beta (though I never ran any of the "unofficial" versions).
There also aren't any error messages in the Console.
xUKHCx
Aug 6, 04:20 PM
Aren't we playing strip poker? ;)
To bad, iBlue just lost her current hand. Let's see, have to remove something. What could that be? :D
Sorry e. :eek:
The thing that is holding her hair up.
Nice picture BTW.
To bad, iBlue just lost her current hand. Let's see, have to remove something. What could that be? :D
Sorry e. :eek:
The thing that is holding her hair up.
Nice picture BTW.
more...
jsw
Mar 7, 11:48 AM
You cannot - unless you use a 3rd party product - pasword protect a folder. You can, however, change it's properties so that only you can access it (which would fail of people could access your desktop while you were away) or, better, use Disk Utility to create a new, encrypted folder which is extremely secure and which no one can open unless they have the password to decrypt the files.
I can give more details later.
I can give more details later.
dsharits
Feb 9, 10:48 AM
Wow, it looks great! Just a quick note, the 17" PB should be 100 GB, not 10 GB.
Daniel
Daniel
more...
Laird Knox
Mar 11, 01:20 PM
It has been a while since I have played with PHP and SQL. Does using a query string like that open you up to any vulnerabilities? Offhand I'm thinking no because it is run on the server side and the user doesn't have any control over the input in this case.
The code itself is pretty straight forward. Two things to note:
You are pulling everything from the photo_atelier table and then building an array with five elements. If the table contains 100 photos that's a lot of extra data that you are just dropping on the ground.
Also you are pulling every column from that table and only using the name of the photo. You can change the select statement to:
'SELECT photo FROM photo_atelier' to just pull the information you are using.
On a personal note, I find the rotation to be too fast. You also might want to consider adding a pause to the rotation when the mouse is hovering over the image.
Overall I like the design of the site. You have a few CSS issues to work out but it is looking good.
The code itself is pretty straight forward. Two things to note:
You are pulling everything from the photo_atelier table and then building an array with five elements. If the table contains 100 photos that's a lot of extra data that you are just dropping on the ground.
Also you are pulling every column from that table and only using the name of the photo. You can change the select statement to:
'SELECT photo FROM photo_atelier' to just pull the information you are using.
On a personal note, I find the rotation to be too fast. You also might want to consider adding a pause to the rotation when the mouse is hovering over the image.
Overall I like the design of the site. You have a few CSS issues to work out but it is looking good.
vniow
Dec 21, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Giggles
Thats probably the gayest trailer I have ever seen, save for the ending logo.
more...

Nicole Kidman#39;s retro high

Chelsea Staub - Retro Updos

Retro Hairstyles 2011-2012
Thats probably the gayest trailer I have ever seen, save for the ending logo.
more...
alex_ant
Jul 26, 12:09 AM
Only 4 Xserves? That might explain why I couldn't connect to either of the keynote streams. :)
kevin2223
May 4, 12:05 AM
There is a minor difference - the new iMacs have an ambient light sensor which will provide ideal brightness whether you are in a dark or well-lit environment.
If you manually set the brightness, does it return? Perhaps the display was set too bright/dim for the conditions?
From Apple's site: "To conserve power and relieve eyestrain, a built-in ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen brightness on MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac to suit the ambient light of whatever room you�re in."
If you manually set the brightness, does it return? Perhaps the display was set too bright/dim for the conditions?
From Apple's site: "To conserve power and relieve eyestrain, a built-in ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen brightness on MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac to suit the ambient light of whatever room you�re in."
exhibit.b
Jun 18, 07:12 PM
I will be. I didn't reserve one so I was a little nervous about what would be a good time to show up. I already have one being shipped tomorrow but I need to get another one. 4:30 or 5 sounds like a good time.
Macmaniac
Oct 20, 07:59 PM
Blackspot was a very active user of the Mac collecters section, he had a pretty big collection.
Cleo was like the oldschool vinow;)
Cleo was like the oldschool vinow;)
Macabron
Sep 27, 11:14 AM
Besides what everyone else has said, you can also lower the transmission power so that it covers a small area around the express base station.
That and bieng a hidden network should work.
That and bieng a hidden network should work.
skybolt
Mar 2, 10:40 AM
I got some relief from a similar problem when I set my mail to check for new mail less often than I had previously set it. Seems some servers don't like it when you access too often. I'm at every 5 minutes now, with no problems. Maybe this would work for you?
gr8tfly
Apr 29, 02:00 AM
I should add that I used the install disks that came with the computer.
As someone else mentioned, try running Disk Utility Repair Disk off of your install disc (while booted off it). Or, just reformat (which will erase the contents). The correct format would be "Mac OS Extended". That should give you a clean slate, provided there are no hardware issues (with the drive, in particular). Memory problems would show with different symptoms.
If those are the original discs, it should work. Though, from what I can find on the earliest model (desk lamp style), the minimum it shipped with was 10.1.3. If it was any later model, it should have shipped with 10.2. Original discs should be grey.
10.4, Tiger, should work just fine on that model. I used to run it on a slower 667MHz PowerBook.
As someone else mentioned, try running Disk Utility Repair Disk off of your install disc (while booted off it). Or, just reformat (which will erase the contents). The correct format would be "Mac OS Extended". That should give you a clean slate, provided there are no hardware issues (with the drive, in particular). Memory problems would show with different symptoms.
If those are the original discs, it should work. Though, from what I can find on the earliest model (desk lamp style), the minimum it shipped with was 10.1.3. If it was any later model, it should have shipped with 10.2. Original discs should be grey.
10.4, Tiger, should work just fine on that model. I used to run it on a slower 667MHz PowerBook.
gkarris
Mar 27, 10:09 PM
Star Wars Pod Racing looked better with it.
The actual Nintendo ones go for a lot of money.
There are a bunch of third party ones out there for less...
The actual Nintendo ones go for a lot of money.
There are a bunch of third party ones out there for less...
No comments:
Post a Comment