raysaikat
10-10 05:58 PM
Thank you very much for all your support. If they are able to transfer his visa, then I am suspecting that they will do fraud with me. Can I inform USCIS about our domestic problem ? If they receive any application about visa transfer. How can I know that ? I don't want my visa used by them at all.After that they can do anything with me. Please help. Thanks!
There is nothing called "VISA transfer". All VISA petitions are "new". In some cases, if the person is already in US in legal status, then USCIS will provide I-94 with the VISA approval notice so that the person does not have to go out; otherwise s/he has to go out of US, get a VISA stamp (if s/he has no VISA stamp for that category) and return on that VISA.
At the time of his new VISA petition, if your dependent wants to claim the he is in H-4 status (so that USCIS gives him I-94), he has to submit copies of primary's (yours) I-797, VISA stamp, etc., with his own application to prove that the primary is in status. In your case, ask your employer to withdraw the H1-B application from USCIS once you leave US. This way your dependent will not be able to use your I-797 to prove his status. AFAIK, usually an employer does not do so since it is additional cost for them. Keep a copy of the letter/email you send to your employer requesting them to withdraw the H1-B petition, and the letter/email you send to your dependent informing him about your departure and that he will be out of status from that time (keep proof of delivery for any physical mail). That should protect you.
You may choose to tip off ICE (1-866-DHS-2-ICE) after your departure that your dependent has not left US, and is out of status. He will not start accruing "illegal presence" until 6 months, but he will be "out of status" from the day you quit your US position. I believe he cannot stay in US as "out of status" (i.e., if ICE wants, they will be able to deport him). In any case, you should take a decision to do such a thing only after considerable thought and keeping aside any anger from the decision process.
There is nothing called "VISA transfer". All VISA petitions are "new". In some cases, if the person is already in US in legal status, then USCIS will provide I-94 with the VISA approval notice so that the person does not have to go out; otherwise s/he has to go out of US, get a VISA stamp (if s/he has no VISA stamp for that category) and return on that VISA.
At the time of his new VISA petition, if your dependent wants to claim the he is in H-4 status (so that USCIS gives him I-94), he has to submit copies of primary's (yours) I-797, VISA stamp, etc., with his own application to prove that the primary is in status. In your case, ask your employer to withdraw the H1-B application from USCIS once you leave US. This way your dependent will not be able to use your I-797 to prove his status. AFAIK, usually an employer does not do so since it is additional cost for them. Keep a copy of the letter/email you send to your employer requesting them to withdraw the H1-B petition, and the letter/email you send to your dependent informing him about your departure and that he will be out of status from that time (keep proof of delivery for any physical mail). That should protect you.
You may choose to tip off ICE (1-866-DHS-2-ICE) after your departure that your dependent has not left US, and is out of status. He will not start accruing "illegal presence" until 6 months, but he will be "out of status" from the day you quit your US position. I believe he cannot stay in US as "out of status" (i.e., if ICE wants, they will be able to deport him). In any case, you should take a decision to do such a thing only after considerable thought and keeping aside any anger from the decision process.
wallpaper 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
nitkad
03-20 04:28 PM
Hi,
I heard that USCIS revoked the I140s for all the applicants who were employee of certain company as the company was fraud. In this case what happens? I have a very genuine case but I think my company may be doing some weird things.
Thanks
I heard that USCIS revoked the I140s for all the applicants who were employee of certain company as the company was fraud. In this case what happens? I have a very genuine case but I think my company may be doing some weird things.
Thanks
psaxena
03-09 05:18 PM
I had dream last night, part of which I still remember.
As usual in the evening I went to check my mails and found a mail from USCIS. I opened with surprise , preparing myself mentally , which document would they be requesting now. and.......
I screamed in excitement , it was my greencard. I was shocked, and now I was thinking what can I do with the greencard, I thought I should change my jobs which I always wanted, as my job sucks, but realizing that after a month I am going to retire so, dropped that idea and then I started thinking what else I wanted to do when I'll get my GC, and told my wife the idea of now buying the house, but she told me that as you are going to retire next month lets go back to india and the savings that we are left with after paying the taxes , social security and immigration attorneys, will buy a 2 bedroom apartment in India only.
I asked her what about travelling to Europe that you always wanted, but which we never did for the reason, that what if there will be an issue on travelling with AP,but she told me with my blood pressure and and her arthiritis, it won't be possible.
And then..... I started thinking what I lost in the race to get the GC and what I am left after getting the GC. Sadly threw the GC in the trash and again started browsing the forums on immigrationvoice.org. As after these many years,browsing IV forums became my habit.
And then the alarm woke me up and as usual I started to get ready to spend another day in Paradise, in the country of DREAMS.
As usual in the evening I went to check my mails and found a mail from USCIS. I opened with surprise , preparing myself mentally , which document would they be requesting now. and.......
I screamed in excitement , it was my greencard. I was shocked, and now I was thinking what can I do with the greencard, I thought I should change my jobs which I always wanted, as my job sucks, but realizing that after a month I am going to retire so, dropped that idea and then I started thinking what else I wanted to do when I'll get my GC, and told my wife the idea of now buying the house, but she told me that as you are going to retire next month lets go back to india and the savings that we are left with after paying the taxes , social security and immigration attorneys, will buy a 2 bedroom apartment in India only.
I asked her what about travelling to Europe that you always wanted, but which we never did for the reason, that what if there will be an issue on travelling with AP,but she told me with my blood pressure and and her arthiritis, it won't be possible.
And then..... I started thinking what I lost in the race to get the GC and what I am left after getting the GC. Sadly threw the GC in the trash and again started browsing the forums on immigrationvoice.org. As after these many years,browsing IV forums became my habit.
And then the alarm woke me up and as usual I started to get ready to spend another day in Paradise, in the country of DREAMS.
2011 2008 Toyota Sienna LE Car
gsc999
01-18 01:35 PM
Needhelp, new year greetings!
Its a team effort, nandakumar, abhijit and few others are behind this new effort. You will see, as the day progresses.
Wonderful news!
And gsc is back with a bang!
Its a team effort, nandakumar, abhijit and few others are behind this new effort. You will see, as the day progresses.
Wonderful news!
And gsc is back with a bang!
more...
fall2004us
09-01 01:00 PM
Nice article...
Its really saddening, parents do so much for their kids and when they grow old, the kids cant take good care of them ??
My own cousins are like that two cousins (vice president of a reputed company and another one is a surgeon) put their mom to old age home, another cousin didnt even have medical insurace for his parents reason being he is a Dr and he can take care of them during any situation.
Its really saddening, parents do so much for their kids and when they grow old, the kids cant take good care of them ??
My own cousins are like that two cousins (vice president of a reputed company and another one is a surgeon) put their mom to old age home, another cousin didnt even have medical insurace for his parents reason being he is a Dr and he can take care of them during any situation.
GCeffect
12-16 01:35 AM
I'm EB3 (ROW)...PD: May 2006. My I485 is pending more than 18 months and I140 is approved a year ago. Recently, my boss fired me. I left the company and got a better job within a week. thanks god.
Now my ex-employer is calling my lawyer and bringing some alligation against me and asking my lawyer to withdraw my case. He also mentioned to my lawyer that he is going to call the immigration and take action against me by withdrawing my case.
1...Does anyone have any idea how the immigration going to react after listening to his alligation against me?
2...by submitting any paperwork to them can he hamper my proessing?
3...Do i have anything to scare about?
4...what should i do now?
This issues a very crutial to me now. he is one of those nasty desi employer's who underpaid me last 6 years not just acting funny when I'm asking for my rights. He setup the whole alligation against me and have some office staff working and supporting him.
I need help.....please let me know what should i do....please people help me....
Now my ex-employer is calling my lawyer and bringing some alligation against me and asking my lawyer to withdraw my case. He also mentioned to my lawyer that he is going to call the immigration and take action against me by withdrawing my case.
1...Does anyone have any idea how the immigration going to react after listening to his alligation against me?
2...by submitting any paperwork to them can he hamper my proessing?
3...Do i have anything to scare about?
4...what should i do now?
This issues a very crutial to me now. he is one of those nasty desi employer's who underpaid me last 6 years not just acting funny when I'm asking for my rights. He setup the whole alligation against me and have some office staff working and supporting him.
I need help.....please let me know what should i do....please people help me....
more...
don840
04-10 10:58 AM
bump
2010 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
Munna Bhai
07-12 11:47 AM
any more help??
more...
GcInLimbo
12-01 11:45 PM
Thanks for the response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
H1B extension was denied in Feb 2009 after almost 2 and half years of processing.
??: H-1B ext denied?
I spoke to my lawyer and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again thank you very much for your response.
hair 2008 Toyota Sienna LE
hariswaminathan
01-10 02:57 PM
Its been 5 months , I'vent recieved the FP for myself. My case status still shows "The case has been transferred to Nebraska etc etc.."
Anybody in the same shoes?
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
Anybody in the same shoes?
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
more...
krishmunn
01-20 09:36 AM
We are expecting, so I do not think it is possible to change insurance. We still tried and got rejected. So that we will leave us with COBRA in case my wife chooses to quit or something happens to her job. And does H4 visa affect COBRA coverage? If you can answer this question that will be very helpful.
She should be eligible for COBRA ... no issues.
And I guess she is also eligible for the discount/economic stimulus on COBRA. I did not see anything that suggest one must be a Citizen/LPR for that discount
She should be eligible for COBRA ... no issues.
And I guess she is also eligible for the discount/economic stimulus on COBRA. I did not see anything that suggest one must be a Citizen/LPR for that discount
hot 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
milmuk
07-23 11:24 AM
Hi,
I am planning to renew my AP while in India. What is the procedure to do this?
My details :
Applied for H1 transfer - Dec 15,2008 - normal category -still pending
Ap - valid till Nov 2009
EAD - valid till Nov 2010.Using AC21 for working with the present employer.
I came back to India in March, after completing the project.
My present employer wants me to come to the US only when I have a project in hand.
Based in India, it is very difficult to find the project. Also, most of the projects need US citizen, GC holder, so very less projects available to the H1-B holders. Due to the recession, working on the contract is again a problem, since companies want the permanent employee, instead of contract employee.
I understand that presently working on H1 is difficult, since one should have the project in hand before applying for H1. Sometimes, at the port of entry they ask for paystubs for all the period, ask about the end client details etc. Sometimes people were sent back, since they didn't have all the details at the port of entry.
In this scenario, I am still not sure, if coming back to US will be a good option or not.
But I may need to come if the AP renewal is not possible from India.
In present scenario, If AP renewal is not possible from India, I will have to unnecessarily travel to US on existing AP (till Nov 09).I won't be able to come on H1-B, since my H1 application is still pending even after 6 months. How can one do AP renewal while in India?
Since in the present scenario,I may not get a job(since I don't have GC/citizenship),will it be advisable to come to US just to renew AP?
My ead is valid till Nov 2010,which means If I enter US before ead expiry,I will be able to work on ead.I have lost all the hope for H1 now,since it is more than 7 months.Of course for ead,is it possible to renew it while in India?
I don't have much finances now,so travel to US just to renew ap/ead in the hope of getting gc one day,is bit problematic.I am on EB3 labor 2006 , so GC process will take atleast 5 years.
Even if I reach US for AP renewal, I have to stay there for 2-3 months,till AP gets renewed.
I am not very confortable with this situation.
I just want to keep my GC process going by renewing ap and ead.Is there any way out of this?
I think the rule is , If you don't come to the US while the AP is valid, you abandon the I-485.
Can you give me some guidence on this?
I am planning to renew my AP while in India. What is the procedure to do this?
My details :
Applied for H1 transfer - Dec 15,2008 - normal category -still pending
Ap - valid till Nov 2009
EAD - valid till Nov 2010.Using AC21 for working with the present employer.
I came back to India in March, after completing the project.
My present employer wants me to come to the US only when I have a project in hand.
Based in India, it is very difficult to find the project. Also, most of the projects need US citizen, GC holder, so very less projects available to the H1-B holders. Due to the recession, working on the contract is again a problem, since companies want the permanent employee, instead of contract employee.
I understand that presently working on H1 is difficult, since one should have the project in hand before applying for H1. Sometimes, at the port of entry they ask for paystubs for all the period, ask about the end client details etc. Sometimes people were sent back, since they didn't have all the details at the port of entry.
In this scenario, I am still not sure, if coming back to US will be a good option or not.
But I may need to come if the AP renewal is not possible from India.
In present scenario, If AP renewal is not possible from India, I will have to unnecessarily travel to US on existing AP (till Nov 09).I won't be able to come on H1-B, since my H1 application is still pending even after 6 months. How can one do AP renewal while in India?
Since in the present scenario,I may not get a job(since I don't have GC/citizenship),will it be advisable to come to US just to renew AP?
My ead is valid till Nov 2010,which means If I enter US before ead expiry,I will be able to work on ead.I have lost all the hope for H1 now,since it is more than 7 months.Of course for ead,is it possible to renew it while in India?
I don't have much finances now,so travel to US just to renew ap/ead in the hope of getting gc one day,is bit problematic.I am on EB3 labor 2006 , so GC process will take atleast 5 years.
Even if I reach US for AP renewal, I have to stay there for 2-3 months,till AP gets renewed.
I am not very confortable with this situation.
I just want to keep my GC process going by renewing ap and ead.Is there any way out of this?
I think the rule is , If you don't come to the US while the AP is valid, you abandon the I-485.
Can you give me some guidence on this?
more...
house 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
chanduv23
09-14 02:21 PM
We are employee of employers - not chained slaves of employers.
They can pay me less , they can scare me of revoking 140 , they can make me sign fictitious bonds for getting future employment letter BUT they can not take away my basic civil rights as a human being. As long as you professionally inform that will be taking day off for personal reasons - they are NOT supposed to ask what is that reason. You can tell the later unofficially that you attending Rally for peacefully supporting a good cause.
As long as you are scared - they will play dirty tricks on you
But if you are brave - they wont do it
They can pay me less , they can scare me of revoking 140 , they can make me sign fictitious bonds for getting future employment letter BUT they can not take away my basic civil rights as a human being. As long as you professionally inform that will be taking day off for personal reasons - they are NOT supposed to ask what is that reason. You can tell the later unofficially that you attending Rally for peacefully supporting a good cause.
As long as you are scared - they will play dirty tricks on you
But if you are brave - they wont do it
tattoo This 2008 Toyota Sienna LE has
lazycis
02-13 01:02 PM
"Amnesty to LEGAL immigrants!"
more...
pictures 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Natural
Alabaman
09-01 02:10 PM
It is time USA opens its borders to allow more people from good cultures like India to come and settle here. Americans can learn family values from Indians. If America restricts immigrants it will turn into a country of bigoted, nepotistic creeps who will export their ugly culture of disowning their own parents to our shores and around the world. Programmers have long enjoyed high inflated salaries that are unreasonable. These salaries now need to come down and be competitive globally. Time for a 'change' in immigration and congress to open its arms to immigrants who made this country so great. It is time to make Kennedy's dream a reality. Indians who settle here need to have loyalty to their culture and should not become Americanized. Take the good things from this culture and not lose your own good cultural values that made India the best country in the world until the gora British came and ruined it.
No offence intended, If India is the best country in the world with its "wonderful" cultures why are there so many Indians hell bent on getting the Green Card? Waiting so many years painfully? Why not just return home and live in "best place on earth"? Why would you want to turn America into India? It is good to respect your host country's culture. They are not perfect and so also are many other countries. Please let's call a spade a spade and nothing else.
Having said that, this article reminds us that the debate should be: What group of people does America need to allow into this country on a permanent basis? (Emphasis on permanent basis). Aged parents of US citizens or long time resident and highly skilled immigrants?
If I had a chance to write this part of the immigration law, I would stop a system where US citizens can file green cards for sibblings and parents. I would however, make it almost automatic for parents of citizens/green card holders to be granted 5 to 10 year visitor visas. I dont expect my parents who are in their 60s to move to the US. To do what at that age?? I cant sit at home with them... they will just be lonely!!
I would also stop the green card lottery program. The freed up green quota from these two groups I will move to long time LEGAL residents (say 5 years or 10 years) who have been paying taxes, working and contributing to the economy.
No offence intended, If India is the best country in the world with its "wonderful" cultures why are there so many Indians hell bent on getting the Green Card? Waiting so many years painfully? Why not just return home and live in "best place on earth"? Why would you want to turn America into India? It is good to respect your host country's culture. They are not perfect and so also are many other countries. Please let's call a spade a spade and nothing else.
Having said that, this article reminds us that the debate should be: What group of people does America need to allow into this country on a permanent basis? (Emphasis on permanent basis). Aged parents of US citizens or long time resident and highly skilled immigrants?
If I had a chance to write this part of the immigration law, I would stop a system where US citizens can file green cards for sibblings and parents. I would however, make it almost automatic for parents of citizens/green card holders to be granted 5 to 10 year visitor visas. I dont expect my parents who are in their 60s to move to the US. To do what at that age?? I cant sit at home with them... they will just be lonely!!
I would also stop the green card lottery program. The freed up green quota from these two groups I will move to long time LEGAL residents (say 5 years or 10 years) who have been paying taxes, working and contributing to the economy.
dresses 2008 Toyota Sienna LE Green
Aah_GC
06-06 09:13 PM
Don't worry about your I140 getting revoked, AC21 is built for your career, security and comfort keeping in mind the USCIS delays. Go ahead and use it and Good luck. Make sure you are careful with SOC codes, and do a good job of keeping your status and career in accordance with the rules. The rest will take care of itself.
If you are sure about your I140 getting revoked, make sure you let USCIS know of your AC21 portability. Good luck.
If you are sure about your I140 getting revoked, make sure you let USCIS know of your AC21 portability. Good luck.
more...
makeup 2008 Toyota Sienna LE
ksairi
08-17 08:41 AM
Kindly inform your friend that uscis is just accepting application for skilled workers at the moment.
HOW your answer relates to my question?
HOW your answer relates to my question?
girlfriend 2008 Toyota Sienna LE Woburn,
lostinbeta
10-03 01:49 PM
<FONT FACE="Verdana" STYLE="font-size: 10px">Very Evil:evil:</FONT>
<div style="width: 300; font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; color: #9E9E9E; Filter: FlipV">Very Evil:evil:</div>
<div style="width: 300; font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; color: #9E9E9E; Filter: FlipV">Very Evil:evil:</div>
hairstyles Get yourself a Toyota Sienna
lecter
January 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM
dude, that's a cool one. Is that the original colour?
It's certainly stark. I think a little less filling would make it more effective yet again..
Cheers
Rob
It's certainly stark. I think a little less filling would make it more effective yet again..
Cheers
Rob
tikka
08-10 11:00 AM
bump
any CT members coming along with you.. ?
any CT members coming along with you.. ?
learning01
03-28 01:33 PM
Straight I 485, EAD and AP filing, then aim for 6 months.
Let us form a group who are pushing to introduce Ammendment for Filling I485, AP &EAD when I140 approved/pending for 6 months, eventhough Cut-off dates are not reached for EB category immigration. Please discuss here weather any work being done to introduce this ammendment with present Comprehencive Bill.
Let us form a group who are pushing to introduce Ammendment for Filling I485, AP &EAD when I140 approved/pending for 6 months, eventhough Cut-off dates are not reached for EB category immigration. Please discuss here weather any work being done to introduce this ammendment with present Comprehencive Bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment