gc28262
08-27 08:08 PM
Did not know that you can use FOIA for obtaining a document that does not belong to you (or you dont own it)
Here are threads relating to that.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum80-visa-bulletin-status-tracker-processing-times/219826-use-foia-for-i-140-and-other-immigration-records.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
Here are threads relating to that.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum80-visa-bulletin-status-tracker-processing-times/219826-use-foia-for-i-140-and-other-immigration-records.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1469-foia-to-get-copy-i-140-approval-notice.html
wallpaper Acura Rdx Turbo. 2007 Acura
funny
01-29 06:30 PM
Sam thing happened with my wife, USCIS denied her I131 saying they have already approved the 485 so no need for I131. My lawyer thinks that this was a mistake from USCIS and we applied for her I131 again.
Hope this helps.
I'm from Bangladesh and my PD is May 2006....EB3
I applied for my I485, I765 and I131 in July 2, 2007. Then me and my wife received the I765 approval in couple of months then the real drama began.
In October i received the letter about our i131 denial. The reason for the denial was approval of I485 (I485 approval news was mentioned in my i131 denial letter). My lawyer then told me to wait couple of months to receive my cards. I waited but didn't receive anything. The I called the USCIS and they told me that there is no update in the system and they requested me to go to the local immigration office to notify the matter. After visiting the local immigration office they asked me to write a status request letter to USCIS.
Me and lawyer already wrote 4 letters to USCIS requesting the status of my i485 as my i131 got denied. Finally one of the cases status for i131 showing online that you�re RFE has been received and case has been resumed; and the other one is still case denied. On the other hand the i485 for both mine and my wife's case still showing like it was showing six months ago..."received and pending"........
I�m totally confused in this present situation. USCIS never requested for any RFE against my i131, so why they put in the online status that the RFE has been received. All I did was requested for the I485 applications as they mentioned in my i131 denial letter that my i485 got approved��
Some help here will be highly appreciated��.thanks in advance
Hope this helps.
I'm from Bangladesh and my PD is May 2006....EB3
I applied for my I485, I765 and I131 in July 2, 2007. Then me and my wife received the I765 approval in couple of months then the real drama began.
In October i received the letter about our i131 denial. The reason for the denial was approval of I485 (I485 approval news was mentioned in my i131 denial letter). My lawyer then told me to wait couple of months to receive my cards. I waited but didn't receive anything. The I called the USCIS and they told me that there is no update in the system and they requested me to go to the local immigration office to notify the matter. After visiting the local immigration office they asked me to write a status request letter to USCIS.
Me and lawyer already wrote 4 letters to USCIS requesting the status of my i485 as my i131 got denied. Finally one of the cases status for i131 showing online that you�re RFE has been received and case has been resumed; and the other one is still case denied. On the other hand the i485 for both mine and my wife's case still showing like it was showing six months ago..."received and pending"........
I�m totally confused in this present situation. USCIS never requested for any RFE against my i131, so why they put in the online status that the RFE has been received. All I did was requested for the I485 applications as they mentioned in my i131 denial letter that my i485 got approved��
Some help here will be highly appreciated��.thanks in advance
srkamath
07-16 05:39 PM
Is there offered salary criteria associated with this category?
Yes, salary offered MUST be greater than the wage requirement for that position as determined by DOL. You can also find out the min wage requirement yourself. First determine the minimum requirements of the position for edu and exp, supervisory etc, then calculate the SVP level (specific vocational preparation i think) SVP will be in the 6 to 10 range. From the DOL website, find the SVP to wage level correlation for your occupation, wage levels are I, II, III, IV. Generally, EB2 positions will end up with SVP of at least 7 to 8 depending on occupation, when most often is at least Level II and over for wage.
Clear as mud??, i hope i have explained it well ...
Yes, salary offered MUST be greater than the wage requirement for that position as determined by DOL. You can also find out the min wage requirement yourself. First determine the minimum requirements of the position for edu and exp, supervisory etc, then calculate the SVP level (specific vocational preparation i think) SVP will be in the 6 to 10 range. From the DOL website, find the SVP to wage level correlation for your occupation, wage levels are I, II, III, IV. Generally, EB2 positions will end up with SVP of at least 7 to 8 depending on occupation, when most often is at least Level II and over for wage.
Clear as mud??, i hope i have explained it well ...
2011 2007 Acura RDX with interior
jumanji4u
04-07 02:29 PM
as knowledge and age, grows the maturity grows...but it seems like the opposite here...please ppl stop the nonsense of universities...lets pray we all get our dreams come true.
more...
GCwaitforever
07-28 09:10 AM
i just lost my job and had an approved LC with that company. i have been extending my h1 for the past 3 years now. my i 140 was withdrawn when it was first applied as the company did not give all the information when my lawyer was preparing it the second time the company gave a lot of wrong information. my current h1 expirs in dec
what options do i have ?
Very sorry to hear about the job loss. I believe USCIS gives about 60 days for H-1B applicants. Please try hard to get another job within this time and apply for H-1B to stay with correct status. Without approved I-140, your earlier LC can not be used for porting old priority date.
what options do i have ?
Very sorry to hear about the job loss. I believe USCIS gives about 60 days for H-1B applicants. Please try hard to get another job within this time and apply for H-1B to stay with correct status. Without approved I-140, your earlier LC can not be used for porting old priority date.
skd
06-03 02:48 AM
This came up to my mind : In senate there was voting on whether to bring immigration bill or not on to table , voting is around 60+ - 30+ , now these 30+ are sure they are going to reject it atleast with 90% confidence. we need to target the remaining 60 more compared to 30 who are already against to senate bill. This is very imp i dont know how to gather those details any help please ?
I agree with bigboy007 that we should only focus on INTRESTED senators/congressman
I agree with bigboy007 that we should only focus on INTRESTED senators/congressman
more...
qualified_trash
08-30 09:33 AM
you can travel until the Expiry date stamped on your Visa in your passport allows you to reenter.
For example, if your visa expires on 15th March 2007, you better be here on 14th :-)) and when you leave after that, you will need to have the visa revalidated at a consulate/embassy, which, I think you are aware of based on your post.
For example, if your visa expires on 15th March 2007, you better be here on 14th :-)) and when you leave after that, you will need to have the visa revalidated at a consulate/embassy, which, I think you are aware of based on your post.
2010 2007 Acura RDX interior
kunjirs
03-07 04:16 PM
MurthyDotCom : EAD Extension Delays - FAQs, Answers, Suggestions (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_eadmor.html)
more...
Maverick1
09-26 12:25 PM
Hi All,
NSC received my I765 applications on June 21st. I am still waiting for my EAD. I have seen many people from NSC got their approval for the same time frame. Is there anypone in the same boat. Is this something I should be worried about.
Thanks!
I have been following the data for a while and I see a surge in EAD approvals. There are boatload of approvals from 9/24 and 9/25 (Some still pouring in).
If your case reached June21 (Not Jul 21st ?) , you can request an appointment at the local office and they can request a temp EAD card for you. Or since 90 days is over , you may call the 1 800 number.
Hi,
I filed (along with Wife and son) at NSC on july 2nd.
Got the Receiptts with Date Aug-28 for 485 for all of US.
Also Finished the Finger Printing on 25-Sep-2007.
When can I expect my receipts for EAD and AP?.
Anyone in the same boat?
Thanks,
alex...
AS I stated above there are quite a few approvals lately, but there are a bunch still waiting .
Question for those who got EAD and AP : Did your LUD on these applications change on line when your EAD/AP is approved ?
NSC received my I765 applications on June 21st. I am still waiting for my EAD. I have seen many people from NSC got their approval for the same time frame. Is there anypone in the same boat. Is this something I should be worried about.
Thanks!
I have been following the data for a while and I see a surge in EAD approvals. There are boatload of approvals from 9/24 and 9/25 (Some still pouring in).
If your case reached June21 (Not Jul 21st ?) , you can request an appointment at the local office and they can request a temp EAD card for you. Or since 90 days is over , you may call the 1 800 number.
Hi,
I filed (along with Wife and son) at NSC on july 2nd.
Got the Receiptts with Date Aug-28 for 485 for all of US.
Also Finished the Finger Printing on 25-Sep-2007.
When can I expect my receipts for EAD and AP?.
Anyone in the same boat?
Thanks,
alex...
AS I stated above there are quite a few approvals lately, but there are a bunch still waiting .
Question for those who got EAD and AP : Did your LUD on these applications change on line when your EAD/AP is approved ?
hair 2007 Acura RDX
gccovet
07-16 08:39 AM
Hi,
Why would notification be necessary? Isn't an I-9 form (w/ EAD as proof of work permit) being present at the employer's location sufficient?
I haven't heard of any employer "notifying" USCIS about an employee's EAD status!
Thanks!
Only I-9 is required.
gccovet
Why would notification be necessary? Isn't an I-9 form (w/ EAD as proof of work permit) being present at the employer's location sufficient?
I haven't heard of any employer "notifying" USCIS about an employee's EAD status!
Thanks!
Only I-9 is required.
gccovet
more...
sys_manus
01-28 09:48 AM
I can understand the amount of anxiety and stress you must be undergoing... Especially with EB3 future in near term looking bleak. I sometimes feel its is kind of very unfair for people in EB3 boat. Try EB3 -> EB2
As they taught in survival school.. improvise.. improvise with what ever you have. Instead of looking at VB and feeling dismayed start looking around you.. tools you have the means you have.
When it happens it happens... do whatever you can do and leave the rest to take its course. Don't worry about things you don't have control on.
Life goes on...
PS: Ignore any smartA replies... they just aggravate you sense of feeling bad.
I am an optimist. A hopeful person. I like to and want to see the positive side of things. However, the current political climate and economic state of the nation makes me skeptical.
Much has been said and (not) done so far about immigration reform. The murphy's law half of my brain is starting to get queasy. I've been in this mess for 6 years now and dread the doomsday scenario that immigration reform doesn't go through this year. If it does not, I think we're all completely effed up for the next 3-4 years, at least until after the next elections. I hope to be wrong on this, by a long shot.
My question to some of you is - what will you do if skilled reform doesn't happen this year?
My career has been stagnating, rotting away almost. I've been working on a startup idea in my spare time for a while now. Of course, these sort of ventures need time and full-time effort to take-off. I have often entertained the thought of leaving my job, returning back to India, or finding some way, by hook or crook, of doing my own thing, and reviving my career. Having lived here, first as a grad student, and now as a wage slave, for the past 9 years, returning is not an easy option. If reform does not happen, I don't see anything but darkness for a pretty long time.
What will you do?
As they taught in survival school.. improvise.. improvise with what ever you have. Instead of looking at VB and feeling dismayed start looking around you.. tools you have the means you have.
When it happens it happens... do whatever you can do and leave the rest to take its course. Don't worry about things you don't have control on.
Life goes on...
PS: Ignore any smartA replies... they just aggravate you sense of feeling bad.
I am an optimist. A hopeful person. I like to and want to see the positive side of things. However, the current political climate and economic state of the nation makes me skeptical.
Much has been said and (not) done so far about immigration reform. The murphy's law half of my brain is starting to get queasy. I've been in this mess for 6 years now and dread the doomsday scenario that immigration reform doesn't go through this year. If it does not, I think we're all completely effed up for the next 3-4 years, at least until after the next elections. I hope to be wrong on this, by a long shot.
My question to some of you is - what will you do if skilled reform doesn't happen this year?
My career has been stagnating, rotting away almost. I've been working on a startup idea in my spare time for a while now. Of course, these sort of ventures need time and full-time effort to take-off. I have often entertained the thought of leaving my job, returning back to India, or finding some way, by hook or crook, of doing my own thing, and reviving my career. Having lived here, first as a grad student, and now as a wage slave, for the past 9 years, returning is not an easy option. If reform does not happen, I don't see anything but darkness for a pretty long time.
What will you do?
hot 2007 Acura RDX
gccovet
11-03 08:10 AM
Sorry if this question has been answered already. I searched and could not find any related threads.
My H1B is expiring in December (6 years). My 140 is approved and 485 is pending. I have my EAD card but still working on H1B. I can get a 3 year extension for my H1b as 140 is approved.
My priority date is Feb 2007.
Is it a good idea to renew my H1B even though I already have My EAD?
If I get the H1B extension, would I need visa stamping or can I use AP travel document and still be on H1B?
TIA for the responses.
I agree with meridiani.planum. H1 is better then EAD, you maintain status incase of 485 denial etc.
Also, there is no cap on h1 extensions. A person can get 3 year extension only 1 time after 6th years on H1 being 140 pending > 1 year or approved and 485 pending .
I also would request you to spare some time and send in 4 letters in support of fight against AC21 cases getting denied.
for your reference, check out http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22182
Thank you for your time,
GCCovet
My H1B is expiring in December (6 years). My 140 is approved and 485 is pending. I have my EAD card but still working on H1B. I can get a 3 year extension for my H1b as 140 is approved.
My priority date is Feb 2007.
Is it a good idea to renew my H1B even though I already have My EAD?
If I get the H1B extension, would I need visa stamping or can I use AP travel document and still be on H1B?
TIA for the responses.
I agree with meridiani.planum. H1 is better then EAD, you maintain status incase of 485 denial etc.
Also, there is no cap on h1 extensions. A person can get 3 year extension only 1 time after 6th years on H1 being 140 pending > 1 year or approved and 485 pending .
I also would request you to spare some time and send in 4 letters in support of fight against AC21 cases getting denied.
for your reference, check out http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22182
Thank you for your time,
GCCovet
more...
house 2007 Acura RDX Prototype Acura
Motivated
10-26 01:38 PM
Irrespective of political parties or the issues, I am proud of this Indian guy standing up against "fair and balanced fox news"
he must be a citizen (since he is chairman of Milwaukee, WI, Dem party) - wonder if IV members from the area could approach him to stand up for us too..........
Fox News Crew Gets Scolded At Democratic Meeting (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/26/fox-news-wisconsin-democrats_n_774164.html)
he must be a citizen (since he is chairman of Milwaukee, WI, Dem party) - wonder if IV members from the area could approach him to stand up for us too..........
Fox News Crew Gets Scolded At Democratic Meeting (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/26/fox-news-wisconsin-democrats_n_774164.html)
tattoo 2007 Acura RDX
waitin_toolong
07-27 09:53 AM
no it wont be that is what is meant be dual intent for H and L visas.
Can you quote a source on your assertion.
That used to be true at a time but changed in afer clarification in 1999/2001
Can you quote a source on your assertion.
That used to be true at a time but changed in afer clarification in 1999/2001
more...
pictures 2007 Acura RDX
copsmart
06-16 07:23 PM
Thanks for the update! Congrats!
By receipt date do you mean "received date" or "notice date"?
Was there any SLUDs prior to the CPO?
Receipt date 5/13 WAC receipt
Card production ordered : 6/16
By receipt date do you mean "received date" or "notice date"?
Was there any SLUDs prior to the CPO?
Receipt date 5/13 WAC receipt
Card production ordered : 6/16
dresses Road Test: 2007 Acura RDX
bluez25
08-26 02:09 PM
Yes.. I did my medicals done as soon I landed there. Got all the appoinments for the medicals before I started from here and the first thing I did was medicals.
Regarding the marriage certificate, I gave the marriage registration copy given by registrar. If the marriage certificate is in native langauage, they will not accept and they probably will need a translation affidavit. Please check the local Consulate for the exact format.
Yes.. I got in luckily 2.5 years. My priority date was feb 2006 and Eb2 category. I applied for CP when I applied for my i140 itself.
Regarding the marriage certificate, I gave the marriage registration copy given by registrar. If the marriage certificate is in native langauage, they will not accept and they probably will need a translation affidavit. Please check the local Consulate for the exact format.
Yes.. I got in luckily 2.5 years. My priority date was feb 2006 and Eb2 category. I applied for CP when I applied for my i140 itself.
more...
makeup 2007 Acura Rdx Rear View
john2255
10-21 01:48 PM
bump
girlfriend Road Test: 2007 Acura RDX
satyasaich
08-30 01:12 PM
Please let me know if i can give Continental air lines "one pass" miles. i think i have around 20000.
Requesting other members as well to donate
Requesting other members as well to donate
hairstyles 2007 Acura Rdx Engine Bay View
gantilk
04-27 11:26 PM
Thanks Desertfox. Did you send any supporting documents. there were contradicting opinions on whether to send or not send any additional documentation after e-filing EAD. Please let us know what you sent or not sent?
mpadapa
08-09 02:30 PM
bump
s416504
11-16 01:30 PM
After entering US on AP you need to inform you employer. Your status after entering on AP makes you a Parolee ??????????
Inform verbally/New I9 Form? I haven't done this in past. I did used AP 2-3 times in past & haven't informed employer. What employer is going to do if we inform that we are on parolee status? Any USCIS law tells this to do?
Can any lawyer comment on this situation?
If you enter US using your AP even for the same employer you will no longer have your H1B status valid, you an return back to H1B status only after a renewal. After entering US on AP you need to inform you employer. Your status after entering on AP makes you a Parolee.
Inform verbally/New I9 Form? I haven't done this in past. I did used AP 2-3 times in past & haven't informed employer. What employer is going to do if we inform that we are on parolee status? Any USCIS law tells this to do?
Can any lawyer comment on this situation?
If you enter US using your AP even for the same employer you will no longer have your H1B status valid, you an return back to H1B status only after a renewal. After entering US on AP you need to inform you employer. Your status after entering on AP makes you a Parolee.
No comments:
Post a Comment